• Yes 100%

Votes: 45 60.8%
  • No. I've used different carbs that have been better

Votes: 29 39.2%

• Total voters

gridlock

Kilo Klub Member
Whats your opinions on Waxy Maize?

is it really worth putting into a regime?

Have you tried anything else that gave you similar results

Whats your opinions on Waxy Maize?

is it really worth putting into a regime?

Have you tried anything else that gave you similar results

I have used waxy on and off as well as vitargo, karbolyn, dextrose, etc. I honestly think getting the carbs in overall is the most important part. I could not tell a huge difference aside from how my body handled the different carbs regarding bloating etc. I think that different people will have different abilities to utilize the different carbs having different gastro effects. So pick one that you like and use it would be my opinion. Waxy is cheap as shit (look at primaforce - good product too) or TrueProteins waxy. Either way, get your macro's in and I think you'll be gtg.

I have used waxy on and off as well as vitargo, karbolyn, dextrose, etc. I honestly think getting the carbs in overall is the most important part. I could not tell a huge difference aside from how my body handled the different carbs regarding bloating etc. I think that different people will have different abilities to utilize the different carbs having different gastro effects. So pick one that you like and use it would be my opinion. Waxy is cheap as shit (look at primaforce - good product too) or TrueProteins waxy. Either way, get your macro's in and I think you'll be gtg.

I would agree. I haven't noticed much of a difference one way or the other.

Well, I will be sticking to dextrose...tried waxy...and the cost to get it to canada was damn near $9/lb!!
I took it before workouts a couple times and the pump was redicuilous (was also nibbling on var?) So who knows...

Just get carbs in I say, plus arnold didn't have this option back in the day...he didn't suffer

Phats

I tried it and saw a noticable differance in the post workout feeling but not sure it was any more benificial that a good bowl of rice or sweet potato

A good friend of mine mixes 3 scoops of whey in about 24 oz of skim milk for his post workout "meal" , it gives about 100 grams of protien and 50 grams of simple carbs , he swears it works better than anything he has tried before.

Last edited:
to me fast carbs are fast carbs. A lot of hype is put into to certain supplements to buy this one over that one.

Well, I will be sticking to dextrose...tried waxy...and the cost to get it to canada was damn near $9/lb!!
I took it before workouts a couple times and the pump was redicuilous (was also nibbling on var?) So who knows...

Just get carbs in I say, plus arnold didn't have this option back in the day...he didn't suffer

Phats

Why were you taking it pre workout?

I like waxy because of convenience, when i have a good hard workout i dont feel like cooking, so 3 scoops of waxy, dextrose, corn starch(yea i know, but it gets the job done), and a couple scoops of protein with 5-10 g of pepto pro and im good to go.

like most people said, just get the carbs in and youll be fine.

I don't know but after a lifting session it fill me out crazy, veins and all! :eek:

i love it!

most carbs make me gassy and bloated... waxy doesn't. i use it before and after every workout. good stuff.

I tried using it with eeas, creatine, etc. pre workout with humalog. It worked great. I talked about this on another board and someone blasted me for pages swearing up and down that waxy maize wasn't worth shit and that I should use dextrose. Ok, so I gave it a try. The results? Dextrose tasted better (covered up the taste of the aminos!) but the actual physical results were exactly the same as far as I could tell. As long as the carb is fairly fast acting (and most carbs actually are, compared to protein and fat) I think it's fine.

My favorite right now is using the cheap dextrose/bcaa/creatine mix they sell at walmart for 12 bucks. It tastes good and it's cheap enough.

Someone asked about pre-workout carbs and it was answered pretty well. But, I wanted to throw in my experience. Again, I use carbs/protein/creatine etc with humalog 5-8 ius, depending on need. When I did this post workout I recovered quicker than not using at all, but I also held excess water and put on some noticeable fat. When I switched to 20-30 minutes preworkout (humalog shot with carb/amino/creatine drink) the results were great: better pumps, more glycogen retention/fullness afterward, no excess water, actual fat LOSS. Don't ask me why the fat loss, but I was surprised as everyone swears insulin will make you fat. This last cycle (8 weeks of tren/test- only 700mg/week total, with some small amount of orals thrown in and my humalog protocol) I gained over 30 lbs of bodyweight- not all lean, but not horribly sloppy either.

For anyone considering insulin, like everyone else says, you HAVE to be careful!! It's not something to fuck around with! Research, research, research and then take it as slowly and in as small of doses as possible to test your reactions!! Always have some protein/carbs on hand and access to something with fat in it if all else fails.

I liked it better than dex for the simple fact of less bloating but thats about it

I prefer Karbolyn personally, no bloat, mixed better.

Energy prior to working out. I like to use dextrose pre workout then sip on waxy during with some bcaa's (anatrop from Troponin Nutrition - Dedicated to providing hardcore nutritional advice to serious athletes - Justin Harris) and then waxy/little whey/anatrop PWO. That way you are getting a constant stream of energy/amino's, of course this is in the offseason.

Yep I do something very similar. I have Justin's anatrop and mix that with Karbolyn for my pre/during workout drink along with one scoop of whey. Post workout I take another scoop of Karbolyn and 2scoops of whey with some creatine. Love the pumps during the workout and i dont lose energy which can happen with me on the DC split.

Waxymaize is a great product. I use to use the supplement and would also preach the benefits of it. But now I am using nothing but whole foods and I am seeing the same results.

But nonetheless, its a great product, if used correctly.

Eat the carb source you digest the best, like the most taste wise and that's not causing you any bloat, and you'll be GTG...

I havent seen any advantage to using it. Honestly, Hell I think white rice post workout is just as effective as anything else. I like it more than dextrose and its quik and portable. But it didnt make a bit of difference in the way I look.

i,ve used waxy maize and karbolyn. I think they both did the same thing except the WM makes me bloated. I would rather just eat some whole food carbs b4 and after ....

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131