over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

waxy maize

km2000 said:
I refered to jay cutler for ya cause you saw him last week, I thought that you would be able to relate to him being an example instead of someone you dont know, I am 100% right on this, and I know it. like liphted said prove me wrong! I dont like these little name callin flame wars, I would much rather debate like an adult but I can see this will not happen with you because of your "intellectual capacity" now lets get down to brass tacks, give us some proof it is not humanly possible to stay at 6-8% and be big, lets say 240+ and be healthy. this is the argument we are having here right?

ok so this thread has turned out pretty bad...ill just go ahead and say it. sorry about the flare up and angry posts...had kinda a bad couple days. look, imo we are both making good arguments. i say we just drop this thread and let it die. neither one of us are ever going to give in....i could be a real dick and try and continue this childish bantering. but seriously, i do have respect for you and i do feel that you know what you're talking about...despite some of my previous posts. ive just been really angry lately and wanted to cause some trouble....sorry.

personally, im gonna stick with my PWO shake because i feel it works. ive put on size with it...so why change? if chocolate milk works for you...great. ur one lucky SOB who can save a ton of money on supplements. but im a hard gainer. this isnt easy for me. i need perfect nutrition to get gains of any kind. so thats what i do.

this thread really showed the worst side of me...and i am sorry for it. i havent been myself and did pull some of that bullshit out of my ass.

basically what im trying to say is im sorry for being the angry dumb son of a bitch i have been....

this board is the greatest thign to happen to my lifting career since.......well ever. again...im really sorry about all this

km2000....dont think this means im letting you win :p . i just think we're both making ourselves look stupid arguing over stupid sh*t like this. lets just let this thread die.

DOGGCRAPP said:
When I saw "creatine doesnt build muscle" (the most successful and universally bought/reknowned supplement ever to come down the pike in bodybuilding and in which muscle mass is the end result of strength gains over time....trust me Marshall placebo effects dont get that kind of longterm following)..............I realized it was time for me to exit

lol, settle down doggcrapp, you can still talk with a dumbass like me, I'm not THAT bad :)

I won't debate that you probably know more about creatine than I could ever learn, but clarify this statement for me, which are you saying, because it can't be both:

a) supplemental creatine builds muscle tissue

b) supplemental creatine helps create an environment that is beneficial to building muscle tissue

SVFootball said:
so the content in 20oz of chocolate milk is EXACTLY EQUIVALENT to that of 20oz of my PWO shake? theres NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL???

SV, I'm not arguing with your results, keep doing what you are doing, it works for you. You are arguing with me, that it can't be done another way and I am wrong for suggesting it.

I do it the other way and get results. Do you think I am lying? I am not selling anything, even my services here.

Let's say you want 20g of protein and 30-40g of carbs pwo.

The 20-40 you get from your special mixture will have absolutely no advantage to a 20-40 of low fat chocolate milk.

That's what I am saying.

You disagree with this?

TooPowerful4u said:
ACTUALLY DC did. He is one of the most knowledgable and experienced people on the board and has gained over 150lbs since he started... i think he knows what hes doin just a tad! The rest just dont care to chime in and argue with you as me and DC have done. I guess you didnt realize that. You arent worth their time and realize you obviously will never change your dilusional view, so its pointless to debate you on it.

And you conveniently tiptoed about this comment didnt you?

Missed this one too on lactose intolerance. Care to comment?

What did I tiptoe around? Supplemental creatine does not directly build muscle tissue. If it did, Upjohn would've been securing the rights to that shit before you could blink.

If you can't handle milk, don't drink it. But then again, a PWO drink ISN'T NEEDED TO BUILD AN INCREDIBLE PHYSIQUE. You just simply refuse to accept that statement.

Lactose has excellent benefits for those that can tolerate it, Rheo Blair and Gironda knew this, as well as all of the old legends.

I don't think the think-tank of this board is not on here arguing with me out of indifference, I think they probably know there's not much to argue about. They have their beliefs and protocols they feel that work and they can't come on here and belittle what I'm saying, because I'm simply stating facts.

I think Doggcrapp may have felt I was stepping on his toes as a businessman when I commented after seeing the 50th waxy maize thread.

Hell Vander uses it and says it helps him, now by your theory, I should be saying it is great, because the great one uses it and I kiss his ass all of the time and worship him.

Vander would look exactly the same if he drank chocolate milk too. :)

Tills said:
Didn't Kevin Levrone state one time that he stopped by the 7-11 after his workouts and downed hotdogs and chocolate milk? lol

Forget the whey and malto, I love hotdogs and chocolate milk :D

Same thing brother. I'd honestly be willing to throw $100 on the table that if someone who was a serious lifter, dropped his PWO 'cocktail' and got 2 jumbo chili dogs w/cheese and a litre of chocolate milk, he would look as good or be even bigger than before, with no definition lost.

:D

bulldog21 said:
Time will tell but nutrition and suplementation like chemistry can improve upon itself and regularly does.........I believe PWO supplementation has taken a step forward with Waxy Maize.....but that is just my opinion though....

True bd, obviously 'some' things do improve with technology and advances. But you know what, sometimes the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Without getting into gene or growth factors, honestly how much can these supplement companies improve upon the macros to make a difference for your dollar? I don't think you are going to be carrying 25 extra pounds of lean mass from these products. Is it worth $$$ per month to carry 3-4 lbs?

I think I followed most of this Liphted, thanks for making me actually read ;)

Maybe I got a little off topic from my original thoughts, that is the politician in me I suppose.

The basic core of this thread for me is this:

* I feel that I could replace your PWO with nothing, or chocolate milk and keep your current level of conditioning. I have done this myself and with a few other lifters (not beginners by any stretch), so it is not just my theories or a study. It's a done deal.

* Weightlifters for the most part are just afraid to deviate from what they think works or what a bigger person tells them or someone they payed money to, tells them will work. They want studies and guarantees, yet are never prepared to just dive into the water, see what happens FOR YOURSELF and learn from there.

If a big dude posts his cycle or diet on here, there are hundreds of members who will do exactly that and then when it doesn't work, they are completely lost until someone else tells them what to do. YOU KNOW THAT IS TRUE.

Alot of the vets argue with me, from their point of view. Hey, if you've tried it all and figured out what works for you, more power to you, maybe I will learn a trick from you. I am simply saying that there other, perhaps simpler and more cost effective ways to "get 'er done" and you may be surprised how well they work.

Yes, the Chevelle looks better, just like Mentzer destroys Cutler :)

Now if you made that improvement working with the same cost and time effective materials, that is definitely worth something and the choice for someone would be simply what automobile they preferred. **(edit to replace nothing with something)**

If the improvements cost thousands of extra dollars to make that difference that really no one can tell but yourself, you have to ask yourself is it worth it?

From a neutral standpoint, if the 2nd scenario was the situation, it would come across as just obsession and not logical.

Thanks for agreeing with me on something though. You're in select company.
:cool:
Liphted said:
Maybe I'm off here Marshall, but its seems to me that you're letting your old school views blind you in ways that's keeping you from accepting great advances in our sport. At first I agreed with you, mostly with issues revolving around the excessive desire to use the latest and greatest supplement dished out by massive corporation 'X'.

I agree the hype around most products out there is ridiculous and the research behind them is almost always funded by the company producing the product. Doing research, when searching for an explicit goal and conducting it in a way to achieve that goal will almost never fail. Thats why I take your milk study with a grain of salt.

But, back to my point. You seem to think the proof of burden lies on everyone else, but you forget that the things you are bashing have been shown to work extremely well time and time again, not what you spew and expect us to accept unquestionably. You use science only when it furthers your argument and deny and ignore it when it contradicts you. You preach and say its to the amateur, but then you say you speak to the advanced. For the former I think you are right on, for the latter you are way off base. Concentrate on who you speak to and let the rest of us live in the present.

Here is a little analogy for you that might clarify my stance. Lets look at the stock 1970 Chevelle SS 454. A beautiful machine, some might say a preferred beauty when compared to cars of today. Lets also look at the Ferrari Modena 360. A car that is basically a wet dream of sleekness and engineering marvel. Looking at their performance the SS runs the 1/4 mile in about ~13.6 sec. and the Modena in ~13.0 sec. They are both roughly the same in a straight short distance shot, nothing the human eye could detect without the aid of digital equipment. Its when the machines are pushed to their limit that one comes out ahead. The SS, when compared to the Modena, falls short in its top end speed and handling. This is directly related to the advances in science and engineering that has allowed the Modena to achieve a new level that was never before possible. True, they both cover the same amount of short distance in almost indistinguishable times, but its when things are pushed to the max that the two different design philosophies produce very different outcomes.

So, to summarize, you can bring someone up and make great advances using what you've proposed, but its when those things stop working, when you reach your personal barrier, that new advances in our methods will bring someone in leaner, stronger, and bigger. Currently we can't bioengineer food to contain exactly what we need for what we are seeking to do with are bodies, nor should we for various reasons, but we can mimic those desired outcomes while mitigating those that we don't want through supplementation.

Again, I'm not talking about super-blow-you-f'ing-up-in-3-weeks powder just released by GNC, I'm talking about carbs, protein, and creatine. And to digress a bit, you're statement about creatine couldn't be more off. I've discussed creatine with professors of pharmacology and other researches of the like, and the answer every time is yes its beneficial. I've read independent study after study verifying these claims. It was the last supplement I added before making the jump to AAS, and yes it made a large noticeable difference.
And I'm back, and I'd like to continue with your window of opportunity claims you make. I agree, running around with protein shakers attached to a beer helmet, slurping down protein the very second you finish your last set is ridiculous to me, but its definitely not detrimental. A don't view this "window" as that, its more like a large door. The thing that most impacts anything is what you choose to be carrying as you first step through that door and in my first step I want to be carrying only the very best in its best form. As that large door slowly starts closing I'm less inclined to be so picky.

Beyond that I agree with a lot of which you say, just not in the way you say it. I've stood on both sides of the fences Marshall, and I can tell that once I started hitting my barriers, changing things up, adding in supplementation in CONJUNCTION with whole foods made a noticeable difference.

For those of you that have made it here, congratulations to you, I would have ditched out a long time ago :).

Last edited:
excellent posts km2000, you're a wise young man. :s;ar-wars

hmm

marshall said:
excellent posts km2000, you're a wise young man. :s;ar-wars

Is he wise cause he only agrees with you? I have to agree with many parties here, I am a huge proponent of choc milk it has been a staple of my off-seasons for as many years as I have been doing this. But contest time... nope. Creatine does not directly build muscle, but one could say either do performance enhacing drugs. They increase the path in which it happens and they do have a correlation with muscle building but not a direct path. I have used creatine for 7 yrs straight, no loading just consistent use. I will continue to use and promote it to people who are in the activities of short burst energy usage. I will continue to drink choc milk as it the nectar of the gods, but because of its sugar content and caloric content I cannot for pre contest prep. I say use whats best for yourself and stop worrying what other people are promoting. Experiment, use trial and error, but just because Marshall says its the same and will work the same does not mean it will. A lot of times Marshall has a hard time backing up his statements with hard, supported, clinical, unbiased evidence. They are more opinionated statements without support. And lastly Mentzer, couldnt hold a candle to Cutler.

marshall said:
SV, I'm not arguing with your results, keep doing what you are doing, it works for you. You are arguing with me, that it can't be done another way and I am wrong for suggesting it.

I do it the other way and get results. Do you think I am lying? I am not selling anything, even my services here.

Let's say you want 20g of protein and 30-40g of carbs pwo.

The 20-40 you get from your special mixture will have absolutely no advantage to a 20-40 of low fat chocolate milk.

That's what I am saying.

You disagree with this?

no no no.....if you read my last post it said that i was sorry for being such a jackass about everything. its been a rough couple days....ive really not been myself. sorry about all this.

i agree with that...but my point was if i wanted 60g of protein id have to drink 60oz of milk....and i really dont want to drink that much :p

idk i just say we let this thread die. everyone on here has a PWO routine that works for them....theres no point in all this dumb fighting. lets just all get along :p

gooey said:
And lastly Mentzer, couldnt hold a candle to Cutler.

OUCH! :D

but i have to agree :p

SVFootball said:
OUCH! :D

but i have to agree :p

True!

I dont think there need to be any more discussion and reply here... Marshall has been pretty much dominated here and his theories crushed.... although il admit your debate skillz are up there bro... you argue very well even when you are wrong... lawyer by any chance? You should try argueing with Vander you guys would have a FIELD day and im curious who would win!

Yes, TP your embarrasment of me can finally be ended. I don't know how I'll get over it. :rolleyes:

At least varsity was making a point with his posts. If you're nice to him, he may show you how it's done. ;)

All I can say is I missed my waixy maize and whey and BCAA's I just returned from 2 week vacation 7 days of cruising and then seeing family in FL.
I didn't want my luggage held up because they say a couple of pounds of white powder in ziploc bags in there! LOL.
I saw Mike Mentzers ghost on the cruise ship's "weight" room which was limited to say the least they had a ton of the keiser machines 2-3 units for each body parts but no real barbells and limited dbells up to 120 so I did several HIT work outs to failure once warmed up as you could really blast the muscles with increasing the resistance with the press of a button and release to decrease it so I did a lot of heavy negatives and extended sets with drop in weight and reps.

My normal PREWO and POWO nutrition of BCAA's whey and waxy really help recovery and restoring energy levels in my workouts. I found with these liquid meals missing my recovery and energy levels were profoundly effected. Beleive it or not I am speaking the truth for me as my nurtiton was SPOT on I was eating a huge amount of beef chicken and broiled seafood and a ton of roast beef sandwhiches a ton of fresh salads and fruits so the solid part was there. My pre work out nutrition was fruit and I sipped some diluted fruit juices thorough the work out slammed some more fruit juice after the WO ate some fruit and then fish and chicken some rice and then roast beef.
Digestion of whole foods robs the body of energy to lay down the aminos and carbs right after a work out-I found this out myself which confirmed from past experience as I cut out whole foods in the past and added liquid meals my energy and recoup increased. I went from milk n egg shakes to Met-Rx in the mid 1990's and a whey malto dex shake to a whey maxy BCAA mix I use today.

Is waxy maize gonna do a recreational lifter any good? Is it gonna turn an elite competitor into a pro alone? Of course not. But the elite level guys like Trop and those Like TP4U that are striving for maximal gains and cheating recovery are going to get more out of it tearing down a tremendous amount of tissue and resotring it faster.
Each little .5% adds up over time every work out every shake.
Creatine works. I have told everyone it is the most powerful natural supp out there you can take that doesn't suppress your HPTA it increases nitrogen content in the muscles IMO, increased storage of creatine and water as wel leading to increased strength and the result will be more size from the increased stimulus over time.
I think people must push the envelope on food to gain and that's why I always search for ways to get more food in and move it along with designed meals to eat for function and supps to help move the food out digested and absorbed and shovel the next one in.
I have some of my guys add a small amount of creatine to their red meat and their gains increase. I have guys drinking pateurized egg whites with their meals to cram in more protein when they are having trouble getting the food in.
Nothing works instantly it's all over time and all works in conjunction with each other.
I have never seen Trop or DC push anything on anyone they put info out there and let people decide from themselves.
I refuse to argue with the "calorie is a calorie" bandwagon or those that are stuck on classic mass and bodybuilding for health. sorry but it has evolved people are on here to get big and brutally big. It's not about health the minute people start OVER FEEDING which is a must to get brutally huge. I and many others find we look dramatically different eating different ratios of protein carbs and fats-appreciate the thermogenic effect of food.
Each persons metabolism is different and I am gonna be a fat fuck on 600 grams of complex carbs 300 grams of protein and 100 grams of fat vs 600 grams of protein 300 grams of carbs and 100 grams of fat.
Peace out I gotta go drink my shake now!:D

Massive G said:
All I can say is I missed my waixy maize and whey and BCAA's I just returned from 2 week vacation 7 days of cruising and then seeing family in FL.
I didn't want my luggage held up because they say a couple of pounds of white powder in ziploc bags in there! LOL.
I saw Mike Mentzers ghost on the cruise ship's "weight" room which was limited to say the least they had a ton of the keiser machines 2-3 units for each body parts but no real barbells and limited dbells up to 120 so I did several HIT work outs to failure once warmed up as you could really blast the muscles with increasing the resistance with the press of a button and release to decrease it so I did a lot of heavy negatives and extended sets with drop in weight and reps.

My normal PREWO and POWO nutrition of BCAA's whey and waxy really help recovery and restoring energy levels in my workouts. I found with these liquid meals missing my recovery and energy levels were profoundly effected. Beleive it or not I am speaking the truth for me as my nurtiton was SPOT on I was eating a huge amount of beef chicken and broiled seafood and a ton of roast beef sandwhiches a ton of fresh salads and fruits so the solid part was there. My pre work out nutrition was fruit and I sipped some diluted fruit juices thorough the work out slammed some more fruit juice after the WO ate some fruit and then fish and chicken some rice and then roast beef.
Digestion of whole foods robs the body of energy to lay down the aminos and carbs right after a work out-I found this out myself which confirmed from past experience as I cut out whole foods in the past and added liquid meals my energy and recoup increased. I went from milk n egg shakes to Met-Rx in the mid 1990's and a whey malto dex shake to a whey maxy BCAA mix I use today.
Is waxy maize gonna do a recreational lifter any good? Is it gonna turn an elite competitor into a pro alone? Of course not. But the elite level guys like Trop and those Like TP4U that are striving for maximal gains and cheating recovery are going to get more out of it tearing down a tremendous amount of tissue and resotring it faster.
Each little .5% adds up over time every work out every shake.
Creatine works. I have told everyone it is the most powerful natural supp out there you can take that doesn't suppress your HPTA it increases nitrogen content in the muscles IMO, increased storage of creatine and water as wel leading to increased strength and the result will be more size from the increased stimulus over time.
I think people must push the envelope on food to gain and that's why I always search for ways to get more food in and move it along with designed meals to eat for function and supps to help move the food out digested and absorbed and shovel the next one in.
I have some of my guys add a small amount of creatine to their red meat and their gains increase. I have guys drinking pateurized egg whites with their meals to cram in more protein when they are having trouble getting the food in.
Nothing works instantly it's all over time and all works in conjunction with each other.
I have never seen Trop or DC push anything on anyone they put info out there and let people decide from themselves.
I refuse to argue with the "calorie is a calorie" bandwagon or those that are stuck on classic mass and bodybuilding for health. sorry but it has evolved people are on here to get big and brutally big. It's not about health the minute people start OVER FEEDING which is a must to get brutally huge. I and many others find we look dramatically different eating different ratios of protein carbs and fats-appreciate the thermogenic effect of food.
Each persons metabolism is different and I am gonna be a fat fuck on 600 grams of complex carbs 300 grams of protein and 100 grams of fat vs 600 grams of protein 300 grams of carbs and 100 grams of fat.
Peace out I gotta go drink my shake now!:D

Highlighted the portion of again where science, nutrition, and supplementation have improved upon itself..

Great to see you back Massive, we missed you man!! I hope you had a great time on your cruise

Marshall,

Thank you for making me dumber from reading your replies in this post. I now know that nutrient timing is not effective and using pasteurized dead milk with very poor bioavailibility is a good idea pwo. Great idea too bad the old school guys used raw milk which is alive and full of enzymes and is actually well tolerated by most.

Your points are moot. Nutrient timing is the most important thing to master especially if you are natural. Not having a shake or eaa powder pwo is retarded if your goal is improvement. Whey is easily digested and highly bioavailable. I can post numerous studies showing how important pwo nutrition is to success and how waiting 2 hours after exercise to eat will lead to the same results as not exercising. I do agree with you that the latest greatest supps are not always " needed" but hey nost here are athletes and bber's and don't want to do what is need they want to do what will make them the fucking best the can possibly be. I could tell you some basic free form AA's that can be cheaply ordered in powder form that will dramatically increase reovery and progress over you BS milkshake, but why bother when it will only fall on deaf ears. You obviously have zero grasp of exercise physiology and why you should take advatage of eating easily digestable protein and carb sources (not as necessary as the protein) is essential pwo.

I personally don't think WMS is worth the shitty taste and the price for my goals but I do know a number of people that have benefitted from using it.

Oh yeah and creatine works. While it is not directly anabolic, it does immediatley increase strength and power output. It does this by increasing the rate of transfer of the action potential through the muscle cell. This leads to a faster more forceful contraction leading to increased innervatation of the muscle(along with other pns modifications allowing greater frequency of ap's to be carried through neurons leading to faster wave of summations) which then will lead to muscle cell growth with PROPER NUTRITION.

Last edited:
ok guys....

i think he's taken enough crap. i say let this thread die.

and thanks for the shoutout marshall....but SV doesnt stand for senior varsity!!! :p

marshall said:
TP, have you noticed one thing about this most excellent thread? No one is on here calling me crazy and dangerous but you.

The vets and geniuses in this field know that I am not spewing worthless b/s.
Some of them may feel they have better ways, but I am laying down some good basic facts.

Wow this comment sure backfired on you didnt it? Game... set... MATCH! You can shutup now and tuck your tail and run with your smartass comments.

I want you to know my problem really isnt with YOU... first it was ur kissing V's ass a lil too much, compliments are fine but worshiping on EVERY thread is a lil much (we all know hes pretty gifted, you dont need to point it out EVERY opportunity you get).... then your comments here were just stupid and your ideas rediculous... if you had an intelligent arguement id support it and inquire rather than go about it the way i did.

TooPowerful4u said:
I want you to know my problem really isnt with YOU...

i agree completely! its nothing personal man...

just some of the concepts.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88