YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Way too many health issues on the boards the past few years...why?

BALDNAZI

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I got done reading Pesty's thread and am really glad he is doing ok but it got me wondering. If you think about all the people on these boards the past few years who have gotten sick, whether it be me and a few others with the liver, or the blood clots and heart problems with another bunch of guys, and whatever else you can think of that can be gear related. And the deaths alone of quite a few great brothers, whats going on?

In my case it was mega dosing for long periods of time, but alot of guys are not really going nuts with doses. Genetic predisposition?

Is it that the online community has grown exponentially and there is a much larger sample size to hear from?

Could be alot of reasons but it just seems that lately, as someone pointed out in the other thread, we are hearing more and more bad news as a community.

Are all of these things because of anabolics and the lifestyle? Maybe not, but for someone who has been down that road, is it just coincidence? Would like to hear your thoughts...

Good to see you posting old friend! Sorry I haven't spoken to you sooner. Now about your question. Some of the things we do could possibly put the body at risk for all sorts of disorders and we don't even think about it. Our diets probably aren't that healthy. When I see guys asking about consuming meat in pounds per meal I'm thinking no way we were meant to eat like that. We pound intense workouts day after day week after week, something's got to give. Aside from aas we take dozens of supplements without really doing any research strictly on hearsay from the boards. Some guys put such emphasis on diet and training that thier stress levels have to be way up there. Stress alone can cause a multitude of ailments. Alot of guys get thier aas from underground labs whose conditions could be abominibal as far as sterility and ingredients. Just a few thoughts as to why you are seeing the conditions you mention.

Tom

alot of the above bn.. but i think many are not taking precautions.. i can not tell ya how many spend dime after dime on gear but nothing on niacin, fish oil, baby aspirin and basic vits and mins.. i will say it again IF YOU CANT AFFORD WHAT I JUST MENTIONED YOU CAN AFFORD THE CYCLE.. THIS STUFF COMES FIRST!!!!!!!!! does it stop all affects? no.. but does put the odds in your favor..

i also believe we are a lazy society.. and this is not directed to any one or anything.. but we have a tendency to want it now and to want it with out much effort.. look at the guys gearing up at your local gym.. they tend to eat like shit.. they tend to half ass it in the workouts.. not recup and when gains dont come...ADD MORE GEAR... now put that with a shitty diet and no heathy supps ect ect and add boatloads of gear year after year.. HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM.. and if you are genetically prone to a heart issue or lipid issues it brings it about much quicker..

i talked to a few masters competitors in europe recently.. they have been competing at high levels forever.. they are both in their 60's.. huge.. and look great.. but one thing they never wavered from is DIET.. they never cheat.. they eat healthy all the time.. take their healthy supps.. and control their blood pressure.. both are a inspiration.. one told me " if it does not build muscle or add to my health i dont eat it"... he said it drives his wife crazy but he will never change.. much of the longevity is genetics.. but credit must be given to their lifestyle..

i have a friend that was recently on 1000mgs of test and 400 deca for literally 18 months... no vitamins.. no oils.. nothing to support his lipids.. took i t down to 500 mgs of test and a week later had his blood work done.. he brought it over and i was amazed.. his blood was fine.. literally good... his hdl was 39.. much better than expected.. his hemo was in the higher range but still with in normal limits.. cholest was just over 150.. and bp was 126/73.. he is one of the lucky ones.. but i have convinced him to add in niacin, oils, and multi vit and min packs.. there are those out there.. most are not though..

OFF TOPIC.....VERRY HAPPY TO SEE YOU POSTING AGAIN OLD FRIEND!

on topic, i think its a little of everything, bigger numbers lead to maybe the same percentage but larger absolute value.

I think its mostly due to people reporting it more now, sharing on the boards. Not only does having the boards make it easy to share with thousands of people worldwide, it also has made it more acceptable I think to come out and announce that you had health problems while taking steroids. Previous to this I think most kept it real quiet and just a select few knew about it so that word didnt spread.
Gear is much more accessable now, more than ever I think and because of this I think there are more people using it now. More using is going to lead to more health problems just because of the sheer numbers involved. I remember back in the 80s you had to buy gear from the big guy at the gym because there really was no internet. You had to know someone. Now anyone can buy it, even someone underage.
I think that people are taking higher doses these past 20 years or so too, and that makes for more risk.

JMOs.

I believe that on certain boards after someone has been a member for a while we feel a bond to everyone in a way. So now days people may be more willing to share their personal problems and health issues with everyone.

Also in any city or community you are gona have a % of people with illnesses and this place represents a fraction of those due to bad habbits, heredity, etc would have had issues any way and now that they found themselves taking supplements maybe just started what they may have been predisposed to any way.

They might not have caught it for some because they might not have ever done blood work. Smokers, alcohol, diets, family history now throw some super supplements in the mix and you may get symptoms.

Good to see you around BN.

I agree with Maldorf about the 80's. I use to take 200mg of test and 200mg of deca and that was a cycle. We take too much stuff over the years, it will catch up with you. I know my habits are changing.

Great advice guys - BTW - what's the deal w/ niacin? never heard about that being essential? Maybe it's in my animal pak - I'll have to check - it's about 10 pills....

Simple - WAY more people on the boards each year, so the number of reports increases too.

Simple - WAY more people on the boards each year, so the number of reports increases too.

This -
Also remember no one posts to tell how healthy they are.

It's like car message boards - people post a lot about their car's problems and people assume the brand is crap. But the truth is that people don't post when their cars are working well, only when they need help. This produces an unbalanced picture.

While the health problems we are hearing about are not good, at least the attention they are getting is hopefully making guys pay more attention.

Logically this.....but the numbers would go down if they followed LATS theory.

I personally felt like I was a ticking time bomb a little over a year ago, when I first started gaining rapidly. But since I started eat a contest strict diet (But offseason amounts), and addding the supplements LATS mentioned, plus more like digestive enznyes, co-q 10, and other health friendly supplements, I have noticed I feel much healthier even when the weight is coming on fast. I have no high blood pressure, or any other negative sides.

I think the majority have a unhealthy diet when they are taking aas, but that's just spectulation.

BTW... nothing is stressful, unless you make it stressful. Stress is self induced.

" if it does not build muscle or add to my health i dont eat it"... he said it drives his wife crazy but he will never change..

Some guys have very understanding wives... :(

Great to see u post, BN... more of it would greatly add to the board. :)

I havent read the beginners section in awhile ... but even though I know what you are saying. I don't remember

"niacin, oils, and multi vit and min packs.. "

in the thread ... maybe some ancillaries.

i also believe we are a lazy society.. and this is not directed to any one or anything.. but we have a tendency to want it now and to want it with out much effort.. look at the guys gearing up at your local gym.. they tend to eat like shit.. they tend to half ass it in the workouts.. not recup and when gains dont come...ADD MORE GEAR... now put that with a shitty diet and no heathy supps ect ect and add boatloads of gear year after year.. HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM.. and if you are genetically prone to a heart issue or lipid issues it brings it about much quicker..

That's the point IMO.

No later than yesterday, I was talking to a PT at my gym, when what seemed to be a 18-19 y.o., 150lbs soaking wet, just came in and interrupted us to ask her if taking that dibinadobol pill (lol... he probably meant dbol) would help his elbow heal faster... it was "painful"... lol... she and I both cracked up laughing and the kid was like WTF... never did he realize how silly his question was... he had read on the internet that this pill helped you recover quick... :rolleyes::eek:

alot of the above bn.. but i think many are not taking precautions.. i can not tell ya how many spend dime after dime on gear but nothing on niacin, fish oil, baby aspirin and basic vits and mins.. i will say it again IF YOU CANT AFFORD WHAT I JUST MENTIONED YOU CAN AFFORD THE CYCLE.. THIS STUFF COMES FIRST!!!!!!!!! does it stop all affects? no.. but does put the odds in your favor..

i talked to a few masters competitors in europe recently.. they have been competing at high levels forever.. they are both in their 60's.. huge.. and look great.. but one thing they never wavered from is DIET.. they never cheat.. they eat healthy all the time.. take their healthy supps.. and control their blood pressure.. both are a inspiration.. one told me " if it does not build muscle or add to my health i dont eat it"... he said it drives his wife crazy but he will never change.. much of the longevity is genetics.. but credit must be given to their lifestyle..

i have a friend that was recently on 1000mgs of test and 400 deca for literally 18 months... no vitamins.. no oils.. nothing to support his lipids.. took i t down to 500 mgs of test and a week later had his blood work done.. he brought it over and i was amazed.. his blood was fine.. literally good... his hdl was 39.. much better than expected.. his hemo was in the higher range but still with in normal limits.. cholest was just over 150.. and bp was 126/73.. he is one of the lucky ones.. but i have convinced him to add in niacin, oils, and multi vit and min packs.. there are those out there.. most are not though..

I think this is dead on, now you see people starting gear way too early in their lifting years, and at way too young an age...no one adheres to a good diet as much as they used to with mostly competitors being the exception.
Alot of guys pound pure horseshit food, especially in a bulking phase, look what 30 days of McD's did to the supersize me guy and he wasnt throwing in anabolics stimulants and insulin into the mix.
Eating shit food like that can only be compounding a serious issue when jacking up all sorts of high dose anabolics with no sups or meds to help supress potential negative side effects.
Most people have enough money to go to gear and nothing else. And most think cardio is walking to the car and back in a parking lot.
Alot of the mentality has changed as LATS pointed out with wanting it now attitudes.
Guys drug up the size and drug off the fat, actually maintaining some sort of health while on seems like its something of little concern until the problem is bad enough to seek medical attention.

The health issues have always been here

In the days before online communities, in my "little" world, at the gyms I have frequented in the past, I personally know of:

1) A world-class powerlifter, who was warming up with his squats at a regional competition and fell over dead with a massive heart attack at 50-something years old. I for a fact know he ate like shit, but loved his test and anadrol

2) A bodybuilder who competed and won a regional show and ended up with near kidney failure. Last time I saw him he looked like a skeleton compared to his "glory" competition days.

3) A huge bodybuilder at the first gym I joined 30+ years ago, whose whites of his eyes were so green it was unbelievable, but there he was. Not sure what happened to him because he moved away.

So, if you have the will, the access, the money, and sometimes, just bad luck… the rest can be bad history. Its not a new phenomenon.

Hey BN!!!

think size of community....
cost and access to gear...come-on seriously the only reason I didn't run higher test 14 years ago was the mexico shit was literally so painful I couldn't stand to take anymore...

I think there are also now there are more guys like us and older whom have been in the lifestyle for 20+ years that are concerned with heath and DO eat healthy all the time and monitor -maintain blood work...I think that population is just getting larger as well...

I would be curious to see what is the average age of the board members. When I was younger I was more of a dumbass and that sort of behavior isn't as common here as with other boards.
More mature behavior usually comes with age and wisdom and although there are some younger members here there are a lot of vets here who report and help with health issues.

I would be curious to see what is the average age of the board members. When I was younger I was more of a dumbass and that sort of behavior isn't as common here as with other boards.
More mature behavior usually comes with age and wisdom and although there are some younger members here there are a lot of vets here who report and help with health issues.

Take a stroll around the community...the 'kiddies' are like a plague these days...cant tell em shit either.
Most are using gear from day 1 and crazy amounts of it, slin after 2 cycles, anything they see posted about they wanna try up front and right away...no learning no listening.
Most dont eat or train worth a shit, just up the drugs.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws