over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

We are not so common as we think

Tomgrass

Registered
Newbies
Once you are into this world you think that there is a LOT of guys like you. Cause we all go to the gym and we have a lot of friends like us. Then we spent some time on youtube forums. I tought that as well. For many years that our sport is very very popular and wherever i will go i will meet similar people with same interests. Yeah sure….. my ass. My first summer holidays with my wife. Huge 5 star hotel great gym - I am thinking cool will find a training partner no problemo…. 3 4 5 th day. Who is in the gym ????? Me and only me. Two weeks gone. Not a single person. Next year different country same situation , another year the same. Not a single jacked guy in whole damn hotel… maybe i am going into wrong places but Cyprus , Portugal , Mallorca etc it cant be coincident? Is it really like that we think that this is peak of fitness culture when nothing really changed?

Once you are into this world you think that there is a LOT of guys like you. Cause we all go to the gym and we have a lot of friends like us. Then we spent some time on youtube forums. I tought that as well. For many years that our sport is very very popular and wherever i will go i will meet similar people with same interests. Yeah sure….. my ass. My first summer holidays with my wife. Huge 5 star hotel great gym - I am thinking cool will find a training partner no problemo…. 3 4 5 th day. Who is in the gym ????? Me and only me. Two weeks gone. Not a single person. Next year different country same situation , another year the same. Not a single jacked guy in whole damn hotel… maybe i am going into wrong places but Cyprus , Portugal , Mallorca etc it cant be coincident? Is it really like that we think that this is peak of fitness culture when nothing really changed?
As much as I would enjoy going to those presumably high end leisure spots, most of us meatheads I know are relegated to the Caribbean, Baja, Costa Rica etc for vacation lol.

idk for sure but the places you mentioned sounds like more of a place for guys with jacked net worth. Not jacked and tan physiques lol

Most guys that spend time nd money in decent hotels are well off and pussies. Might have clown jobs and spent their whole lives slaving away but now they can spend holidays in 5 star hotels with their family. Go to any ghetto gym ul find a bunch of roided out mfkers. Biggest nigas ive ever seen were ina random trash 15x15 gym.
this x2

Most guys that spend time nd money in decent hotels are well off and pussies. Might have clown jobs and spent their whole lives slaving away but now they can spend holidays in 5 star hotels with their family. Go to any ghetto gym ul find a bunch of roided out mfkers. Biggest nigas ive ever seen were ina random trash 15x15 gym.

I mean you could also just spin it around and say the typical meathead spends all his money on GH and gear so he can't afford that 5 star hotel for his family... but yall aint ready for that conversation

Walk down the street pretty much anywhere and you will be the standout. Just how it is. Sure, hang out at a hard core gym and frequency increases. Compete and train in the PL/OL circles. Go to a fitness expo or MMA fight, frequency increases. But reality is most of us belong to a small subset and I think a lot of interests including but also outside of this put us in multiple small subsets and that's where we find our niches and fun.

I come to forums or here because I largely have no one else interested in this stuff to interact with on my day to day. We have kids, jobs, I travel for work, running around like a mad man. These days I train at home alone and love my workout time. It's my break and personal slice of fun. I have plenty of other interests but this one I at least maintain as it's foundational to me and healthy enabling me to perform at all the others.

I think our frame of reference around ourselves and normalcy gets distorted. One of my friends who's not big/huge by standards here is probably 6'4" and 220 at 12%. He views himself as small because just about all of his lifter friends are bigger. Operative words are "lifter friends", it's like he's not even considering anyone else which is the overwhelming majority of people around him. He's hanging out with lifters and benchmarks himself only among them - people who've spent 30+ years in gyms, guys who've won regional, national, and world comps including holding a SHW world record. I made the point one day that he can walk around our city all day and likely be the biggest guy he sees out of hundreds of people. That's not small, his frame of reference is off. Apply it to golf, the scratch golfer hanging out with PGA Tour pros is the laggard but he's probably the best or among the very best golfers at his home club and people are wowed by him all the time. Same deal.

Interesting phenomenon though. I've spent some time pondering it.

I think it will be a little bit difficult to find nigga ghetto in Edinburgh, this city is Harry Potter stuff 😁😁😁

I think it will be a little bit difficult to find nigga ghetto in Edinburgh, this city is Harry Potter stuff 😁😁😁

Maybe join a Slitherin Gym and avoid the high end Hufflepuffs (so bad but had to).

I worked at a Marriott Call Center during College for a month just for the amazing discount and stayed in a jaw dropping JW Marriott in Orlando and they had persistent personal trainers. I had to tip them to leave me alone.

I think the mindset of working hard physically is dwindling in western culture, and that may partially explain why this observation is true. I’m a millennial, and I have made similar observations in the gym and beyond. Totally agree with the gym observation OP. I work in a skilled trade and encounter very few men under 40 years old. I can understand there’s many reasons for that, but I’m beginning to realize that physical exertion in general isn’t valued like it once was. Not saying it’s right or wrong, but as far as I can tell there’s truth in what the OP has mentioned.

When I go out of town on vacation , I'm there to chill out , eat delicious food , have some drinks and relax.
I probably dieted and trained like a contest prep so I could look good eat bullshit and not worry about the gym for a week.

but like everyone else said , if you are looking to see bodybuilders then you'll probably have to venture off the resort

I train at a hardcore gym with a lot of competitors

I have a good enough physique to hang in there with the rest of the animals, and get to talk bodybuilding a LOT with many guys

Honestly, the last thing I want is to talk bodybuiding or even lifting with anyone on vacation lol. I'd rather talk to the 120 lb artist about why vomiting paint on a canvas nets him 300 grand a year

If youre gym isnt hard-core or serious, you will not see serious people who train.
One gym I go to is 95% of dudes just looking at their phones. The girls outwork them like crazy.
Membership is ending soon and back to my old gym.
Went there the other day and not 1-person on their phone, everyone training hard...

I always knew we were a very small subculture and I never thought being jacked is what most people want, especially not if it involves using illegal substances...

Standing out is cool...at first..... THEN the shit gets old... every time i go somewhere on vacation it's the same questions all the time... "Wow you must workout alot" blah blah blah

Standing out is cool...at first..... THEN the shit gets old... every time i go somewhere on vacation it's the same questions all the time... "Wow you must workout alot" blah blah blah
Agreed mate. I love bodybuilding but other than this forum I have no desire to talk about it in real life.

Exactly. Small guys and girls in gymshark tanks, no bull shoes, all the gadgets. I’m in sweatpants with holes, a hoodie, and a gallon jug. People look at me like I’m crazy.

I was born in a garage with animals. Leave me alone

Add me to the apparent short list of people that don't train while on a nice resort vacation. I just got back from a 5 star resort the first week in January. When they gave us the short tour our concierge showed us what was probably one of the best equipped gyms I'd ever seen. That was the only time during the six days there I saw it. I did however see a lot of thong bikini's and topless woman as I sipped on my tropical drinks. I didn't shrink one bit. I came back the same size as I left with a much better tan.

Agreed. And god forbid you wear a tank top (not the skimpy ones just standard) to get some sun. Every chubby dude out there can but if you’re a little jacked it’s like it’s looked down on.

True for me as well. Although now at 55yo, a little less jacked, shaved head, grey facial hair etc. The younger people look at me differently now. I'm a strangely muscular old-man now. And I don't give a damn..

People that travel don't give a fuck about their triceps... they are into adventure, experiencing new things, new cultures, living life and and having a good time.

Stick to hard core gyms if you want to hang around like minded people that want to train, sleep, take drugs and eat chicken and rice.

And having the gym to yourself is paradise.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws