over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

We should be the strongest men in our cities

I mean strong at what? If you to took your best squat topset from 315x5 to 315x15, your legs probably grew. You didn’t have to add weight to the bar. But we try to double progress right? So 315x5 goes to 405x9

And then there’s density and total load. What if you went from a 5x5 315 to a 5x10 315?

Progression can happen in many ways

(1) "I don't lift as much anymore but I'm bigger now" perhaps, but you are still strong as a MFer and one of the strongest in your city, or you aren't actually big but merely "bigger than before"

(2) "it's about squeezing the muscle not lifting the weight" yes but unless you can squeeze the muscle with heavy ass weight you won't be truly big

(3) "you need to be strong in all rep ranges to be big not just 1-3 reps" yes but before you can do heavy ass weight for 12 reps you'll have to do heavy ass weight for 1-3 reps

For example, last chest day I did 435lbs on bench after hitting 405lbs once, but I failed halfway up. Today after hitting 405lbs once I went up to 500lbs (well 495lbs but it's five plates per side so I'm calling it 500 lol) and just lifted it off the rack, moved it forward above my chest, and held it in my hands for 25 seconds as my arms wobbled and shaked. Now my body is used to lifting 500lbs and I plan on hitting that as my new 1rm within a month or so.

OP- I'm curious to know more about your football career. Is this college, semi pro, NFL, flag, pick up league, 7v7, CFL, Arena?
Nah it's "semi pro" but all that is is a glorified adult tackle football league. We wear full gear, helmets, pads, and play in high school stadiums with referees. It's a real game, lots of ex college players out there, but no one is getting paid, and anyone who wants to play can join the team (although they won't get playing time if they aren't good enough).

I think the science nerds are more obsessed with volume from what I've seen. Essentially more sets = more growth. They are also very against failure because they think if you don't train as hard you can squeeze more total sets into your week. I don't agree but that is what I see them posting on ig. Failure, bro splits = evil to them

Not always but often I think there is a high level of turnover when it comes to "science nerds / study whores" in lifting/bbing. I personally attribute this to two things, primarily:

1. They don't absolutely love lifting/bbing so they come and go often.
2. They are ALWAYS looking for the most efficient(easy) way so they jump around too often from this to that.

The results they seek are in the hard work they are avoiding- I think Layne Norton said/posted this statement and boy o boy does it apply to most of the general public in almost all of life these days.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws