over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wedge pillow for sleep apnea

Fleezy

Registered
Newbies
Does anyone use them in lieu of a cpap?

If so, are they effective?

Every once in a while, I can’t use my cpap - and I wake up feeling like hot garbage.. was wondering if this might resolve this issue

Any experience or insights are welcome

I've tried one. Didn't help me much but a lot of this is very individual.

How bad is your sleep apnea?

Bad. On events like 60 an hour so 3x the severe threshold of 20. Blood oxygen also drops very low which is worse still. CPAP I'm usually 1 event an hour maybe 3 in a bad night. Pressures ads nearly maxed in Resmed unit though.

Bad. On events like 60 an hour so 3x the severe threshold of 20. Blood oxygen also drops very low which is worse still. CPAP I'm usually 1 event an hour maybe 3 in a bad night. Pressures ads nearly maxed in Resmed unit though.

Damn

Yeah I’m just barely on the cusp of severe

Just bought a pillow, will see if it works

Don't even try the pillows, jaw positioner/mouth piece, etc. Just head it off at the pass and get a CPAP. If your close to severe it will be life changing. Get the nasal canula and not a full face mask.

Don't even try the pillows, jaw positioner/mouth piece, etc. Just head it off at the pass and get a CPAP. If your close to severe it will be life changing. Get the nasal canula and not a full face mask.

I have a full face mask cpap

Just once in a blue moon my breathing isn’t right to be able to use it

Usually when I’m on clen, t3, and all the other fat burners and stimulants

Does anyone use them in lieu of a cpap?

If so, are they effective?

Every once in a while, I can’t use my cpap - and I wake up feeling like hot garbage.. was wondering if this might resolve this issue

Any experience or insights are welcome
Aren’t these for your traditional snoring and not OSA?

I wish you the best of luck but I doubt that this will help!

I need to up my pressures on my CPAP cause I’m still getting 16-19 events/hour per night. Not feeling fully rested. I feel the best when I get that number down to at least 5-6.

Cage

I tried one and that fucker just slid all over the bed…

I don’t have that exact pillow but I do stack 2-3 pillows to elevate because I will have trouble with the CPAP mask if I’m congested or I’ve gained weight quickly. It definitely helps me.

But it absolutely is not a replacement for the mask for me. I use them both in tandem.

I use a wedge some nights. Most of the time I just can't seem to get comfortable on it but on certain nights (especially lately) when I'm extra congested, it makes a difference.

It's not a replacement for CPAP. I still use my full face mask regardless of pillow or not.

Edit: Just realized I said pretty much the same thing as statechamp above lol.

check your b1 thiamine levels, low levels are usually always associated and precursor to sleep apnea,

If you have a sleep apnea, usually, you have a collapsing of the back of the sinus or throat which is atrophy – a sagging tissue that can obstruct the breathing pathway.

This can come from different things. (autonomic nervous system which controls breathing > phrenic nerve)

high glucose levels can affect this also.
Some people think that this is only for fat people but there are skinny people with sleep apnea, too, and some obese people don’t have it.

You usually don’t accumulate fat in the back of the sinuses.

What to Do

Change your diet. Avoid any milk products like ice cream and cheese because they create swelling.

Food allergies and sugar are big problems. If someone has this problem, they would need to also get off grains and see if it will clear up.

If you have allergies, hives, or asthma, the best remedy is royal jelly.

Royal jelly comes from the beehive, which is an excretion a fluid that the bees use to help grow the queen bee and it neutralizes allergies.

High cortisol or high stress that can also shrink a nerve that is connected to your brainstem and can go to the back of the sinuses.

Keep an eye on your cortisol levels but dont nuke it .

If you have allergies year-round, it can be because of a fungus growing in your sinuses.

You can work on your gut and establish friendly flora to build up the good bacteria in your gut.

ACV and baking soda just for dropping the PH. Just a little teaspoon in some water every day and it will instantly increase the oxygen-carrying capacity in your body and you will breathe better.

People usually have genuine problem sleeping at night. I recommend adding plants to your bedroom.

lactic acidosis can affect it, dyspnea/beriberi, can all be related and contribute.

high glucose levels depletes b1 thiamine

nutritional yeast can help support any other deficiencies from higher b1 levels, but sulbutiamine is the best form i have found of "b1"

105950189_4298880250182877_8136083281796653377_n.jpg

yoga and inversion table also helped me

thanks for the posts @Muay Thai

I think my issues are purely structural

I just got some bed posts as well to elevate the top end of my bed

Hopefully this makes a difference as well when I get the wedge today - as my head will be pretty well elevated when everything is implemented

got my wedge and my bed lifts all set

im basically sleeping standing up now.

hopefully this helps... thankfully, it will be pretty noticeable if it isn't helpful.

the sleep wedge is pretty comfortable on it's own tbh

I sleep on a 6” by 24”wedge. I love it. My neck is much better using it. I can’t believe I had no idea about square pillows for so many years.

Woke up without a headache. Definitely a good sign

Didn’t get a full nights sleep tho - too stimmed out

Gonna get some cbd oil today to help me catch some zzzzzz’s

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws