over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weight gain on antidepressants?

ATLien

Registered
Hey guys, went through some shit earlier this year and my wife recommended I get on Lexapro. It helped reduce my worries/anxiety, but I gained 15lbs in the first 6 weeks. I read a lot of stuff online and seems like Lexapro is the worst as far as gaining weight, so Dr switched me to Prozac in the summer bc he said "it won't make you gain weight". My diet hasn't been perfect, but no worse than other years.. and still train and cardio 4-5 days a week and I've gained almost 40lbs since March 2017.

I'm starting a cutting cycle this week and I'm worried the Prozac will make it hard to lose fat.

Anyone else had this problem and able to get shredded while still on an antidepressant?

This weight gain is making me more depressed fml.

Thanks

As an FYI people are known fro some times loosing a few pounds when they take Wellbutrin.

As an FYI people are known fro some times loosing a few pounds when they take Wellbutrin.

I've read that too. But my friend said Wellbutrin actually made him feel more anxious. So I don't need that on tren lol

People react differently to things, the mechanism of action in whatever the fuck those anti depressants do causes you to gain weight. I would switch to a different one which works a different way or try a different approach entirely. Or if the anti depressants are really doing their jobs then fuck it be fat, better than being depressed, unless being fat makes you depressed as well.....

People react differently to things, the mechanism of action in whatever the fuck those anti depressants do causes you to gain weight. I would switch to a different one which works a different way or try a different approach entirely. Or if the anti depressants are really doing their jobs then fuck it be fat, better than being depressed, unless being fat makes you depressed as well.....

Haha. That's the problem. Being fat is making me depressed. I'm going to attempt to cut for 4 weeks and see if it's coming off normally before I talk to the Dr about changing. Hoping 20lbs comes off in 2 weeks but skeptical

Most often than not these drugs are bad news.

I'd get off of them and try to control anxiety with other methods.

Most often than not these drugs are bad news.

I'd get off of them and try to control anxiety with other methods.

This. Just need to get be more tight with your diet if you are going to take meds. They certainly don’t help with losing weight but you are still able to if you put in the work.

I've read that too. But my friend said Wellbutrin actually made him feel more anxious. So I don't need that on tren lol

Everyone is different I am on Wellbutrin and has helped me tremendously. Anxiety is way down from before I was taking. The negative for me it is already hard for me to gain weight but the Wellbutrin messes with my appetite and I have to force food down now. So it might help you out in that regard.

Anti-depressants are some of the worst drugs on the market. They mess up neurotransmitters which can cause a variety of side effects including increased appetite / pleasure from eating (weight gain), negative sexual side effects, etc.

If you're able to talk to your doctor about getting off of them and making positive life changes to feel better.

However if you're going to continue to take them and still diet then definitely count every macro and stick to your daily calorie limit. To help reduce the increased appetite / pleasure from eating from the SSRI a good OTC stimulant would be good if you can handle it.

Just based on my experience.

Everyone is different I am on Wellbutrin and has helped me tremendously. Anxiety is way down from before I was taking. The negative for me it is already hard for me to gain weight but the Wellbutrin messes with my appetite and I have to force food down now. So it might help you out in that regard.

Ever run tren while on Wellbutrin?

Hey guys, went through some shit earlier this year and my wife recommended I get on Lexapro. It helped reduce my worries/anxiety, but I gained 15lbs in the first 6 weeks. I read a lot of stuff online and seems like Lexapro is the worst as far as gaining weight, so Dr switched me to Prozac in the summer bc he said "it won't make you gain weight". My diet hasn't been perfect, but no worse than other years.. and still train and cardio 4-5 days a week and I've gained almost 40lbs since March 2017.

I'm starting a cutting cycle this week and I'm worried the Prozac will make it hard to lose fat.

Anyone else had this problem and able to get shredded while still on an antidepressant?

This weight gain is making me more depressed fml.

Thanks

Yup. I've shared that experience with about all of them. I think he's right about Prozac. I take it but with an anti convulsant that is renown for weight gain. It creates painful empty stomach cramps and often.

The only thing I can do is eat clean. I'm usually to hungry to make crap or go out for junk so I open a can of tuna, apples (I'm not cutting so I don't care about sugar to much) drink lots of water.

Most important I suppose is to keep on the meds no matter the weight. Other sides are more important to watch for.

I'm sorry you went through some shit man but getting help and on meds was a good thing and I'm happy for you that you cared enough about yourself and loved ones to do it!

Yup. I've shared that experience with about all of them. I think he's right about Prozac. I take it but with an anti convulsant that is renown for weight gain. It creates painful empty stomach cramps and often.

The only thing I can do is eat clean. I'm usually to hungry to make crap or go out for junk so I open a can of tuna, apples (I'm not cutting so I don't care about sugar to much) drink lots of water.

Most important I suppose is to keep on the meds no matter the weight. Other sides are more important to watch for.

I'm sorry you went through some shit man but getting help and on meds was a good thing and I'm happy for you that you cared enough about yourself and loved ones to do it!

Thanks. I'm just not sure if I need to be on the Prozac anymore. The Xanax definitely helps, as I get stressed out often. i just want to know if anyone has been able to cut successfully while still on Lexapro or Prozac after the u usual weight gain.

Ever run tren while on Wellbutrin?

No I do not run Tren anymore. Turns me into a completely different person. Since starting wellbutrin I was cruising on 200mg test cyp a week. I just upped the test and added deca a few weeks ago and haven’t noticed anything different attitude wise.

No I do not run Tren anymore. Turns me into a completely different person. Since starting wellbutrin I was cruising on 200mg test cyp a week. I just upped the test and added deca a few weeks ago and haven’t noticed anything different attitude wise.

Does Wellbutrin ever make you anxious or increase heart rate?

Serotonin goes a lot of ways, man. Those receptors are in your stomach because your stomach is a close-extention of the brain:

Concerning the Presence and State of Food and Other such entities to consume.

So the serotonin thing is for anxiety. It's only an "anti-depressant" if you really let your worries get you down. Otherwise you may be anxiously up and up.

Welbutrin is more of an anti-depressant. It's more Ups, then there's more to be anxious about.

So you see the circles...

Serotonin goes a lot of ways, man. Those receptors are in your stomach because your stomach is a close-extention of the brain:

Concerning the Presence and State of Food and Other such entities to consume.

So the serotonin thing is for anxiety. It's only an "anti-depressant" if you really let your worries get you down. Otherwise you may be anxiously up and up.

Welbutrin is more of an anti-depressant. It's more Ups, then there's more to be anxious about.

So you see the circles...

I worry too much. I wasn't depressed when I started Lexapro, but I worried about every little thing. I always have. But earlier this year it was out of control. My wife got me a fit bit for Xmas and I quit wearing it bc it made me worry about my heart rate. I worried about my heart rate while doing cardio at the gym, even though it was normal. I wish I could take something to calm my worries that won't make me fat.

Anti-depressants are some of the worst drugs on the market. They mess up neurotransmitters which can cause a variety of side effects including increased appetite / pleasure from eating (weight gain), negative sexual side effects, etc.

Yes. Unless you're suicidal or can't function, don't touch them.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws