over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weight loss help

TrojanBB

Registered
I am working on weight loss right now, and I want to see if anyone has some suggestions for workout or diets that help them cut. I am experiencing a little bit of a plateau. I am 20 pounds down maintaining a diet that ranges from 800-1200 cals a day with a few spikes now and then. I workout about three times a week, and I usually am at the gym for about 90 mins doing about an hour give or take of cardio, which I alternate between elliptical, bike, stair master, and treadmill. I also do weights rotating legs day, push days, and pull days. I typically am doing 5 sets of 10 -15 reps per lift. With a couple minutes rest in between sets. I also started taking anavar, this is my second day on it. I have been loosing pretty steadily about eight pounds in three weeks until the stall. I did a spike hoping that would get things going again, but so far no luck. I would really appreciate any tips! Also upping the cardio intensity is really difficult because I have bad asthma so any exercises or routines that are less cardio intensive but still fat burning would be great

Never mind, just realised this is the female forum

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
A few things come to mind that might help.
Try changing up your cardio. If an hour at a time isn't getting results then something is wrong. Try turning up the intensity or better yet do some research on a Tabata style workout. To burn fat you have to get your body into the fat burning zone which isn't the same as "stepping away" on a stair climber. Not sure what your gym situation is but if you can incorporate some functional training into your cardio that will be the best bet. Get your heart rate up fast, sustain for a short period then get it back down and repeat (this is similar to a Tabata workout).

Second thing I would say is to decrease your rest time between your weight sets. A couple minutes is way too long if you are doing individual sets...at least for your goals. Again, you want to keep that heart rate up. If you want to switch up your workouts and start doing more of a Crossfit style workout which might include sets of 3-4 exercises in a row then a 2 min rest period is best, otherwise keep your rest down to 30 sec to 1 minute. You have the right idea with the higher reps, though. Your exercise choice is important as well but that is a different thread :)

As far as the Anavar goes you may be one of those girls who retains water while on it. How much are you taking? Two days of Anavar is too soon to draw any conclusions about it.

Regarding your asthma. Is it exercise induced asthma or asthma? I have exercise induced asthma so I understand where you are coming from. I'm assuming you have an inhaler, right? Be sure you use it before you workout! If you have a rescue inhaler keep it with you during your workout. I'm sure you know this but I will say it anyway...if your asthma is under control then doing hard cardio is completely within reason. Consult your doctor about goals and perhaps he can adjust your inhaler. Also, keep an eye on your heart rate if you are using your inhaler.

Hope this helps

Curious to know, your current weight and height. Also, what is your diet like? I see you listed the calories but not the type of food's you are eating. This will probably help us help you!!!:)

I spiked my diet 2 or 3 days and it made a big difference I am loosing again. I am about 10 days into my var cycle and I am noticing a big difference in my muscles and also my weight loss. I bloated up insanely the first week holding 10 pounds of water weight which was kinda hard to look at on the scale but from one day to the next I am down 14 pounds. At my heaviest I was 214 but since I got serious I went from 205-191 today I am 5`8 1/2 and I have a very curvy frame even when I get down to 120-130 range. I have stepped up my workouts from 2-3 days a week to 5-7 and they are much more intense which has been a huge challenge given my asthma. My diet is much better then my last post as well. It wasn't horrible to start but now I am making a huge effort to cut out carbs and bump the fiber and protein. I am eating a really low cal diet and I am not sure if I should continue or if that was what was stalling my weight loss a few weeks ago. I am eating salads with chicken, lots of water, some eggs or low cal chicken /fish, Greek yogurt. I rarely snack usually just 2 meals maybe 3 a day. Aprox 800-1000 cals a day with my new intense workouts I am most likely consuming 400-700 sometimes more a day just depending. I am also finding my appetite taking a dive today I ate 1/2 a trader Joe's salad and a taco and I am completely full. Is that a problem or is that ok? and Is my appetite related to the var?

I also have a question since this is my first cycle with Var... I have been noticing that I am really emotional and sensitive to stuff, I feel like I do when I take prednisone for my asthma. I also am spotting and I am wondering if that's routine with var?

thanks for the advise ! really appreciate

I spiked my diet 2 or 3 days and it made a big difference I am loosing again. I am about 10 days into my var cycle and I am noticing a big difference in my muscles and also my weight loss. I bloated up insanely the first week holding 10 pounds of water weight which was kinda hard to look at on the scale but from one day to the next I am down 14 pounds. At my heaviest I was 214 but since I got serious I went from 205-191 today I am 5`8 1/2 and I have a very curvy frame even when I get down to 120-130 range. I have stepped up my workouts from 2-3 days a week to 5-7 and they are much more intense which has been a huge challenge given my asthma. My diet is much better then my last post as well. It wasn't horrible to start but now I am making a huge effort to cut out carbs and bump the fiber and protein. I am eating a really low cal diet and I am not sure if I should continue or if that was what was stalling my weight loss a few weeks ago. I am eating salads with chicken, lots of water, some eggs or low cal chicken /fish, Greek yogurt. I rarely snack usually just 2 meals maybe 3 a day. Aprox 800-1000 cals a day with my new intense workouts I am most likely consuming 400-700 sometimes more a day just depending. I am also finding my appetite taking a dive today I ate 1/2 a trader Joe's salad and a taco and I am completely full. Is that a problem or is that ok? and Is my appetite related to the var?

I also have a question since this is my first cycle with Var... I have been noticing that I am really emotional and sensitive to stuff, I feel like I do when I take prednisone for my asthma. I also am spotting and I am wondering if that's routine with var?

thanks for the advise ! really appreciate

i think you started var wayyyyy too early IMO. you should have just went with strict diet and lots of hard work and cardio. var isn't going to take you from 191 to 120-130 on its own. var is going to harden you up and help you burn fat, but its also going to build muscle. losing all of your excess fat first would have been ideal, then go with the var later on. get your diet and training in check first.

i think you started var wayyyyy too early IMO. you should have just went with strict diet and lots of hard work and cardio. var isn't going to take you from 191 to 120-130 on its own. var is going to harden you up and help you burn fat, but its also going to build muscle. losing all of your excess fat first would have been ideal, then go with the var later on. get your diet and training in check first.

I have to agree. I don't know how many times I need to say this, Var is not a weight loss drug. Step up your cardio, nail your training and focus on dieting correctly. If your serious about getting in shape hire someone to put together a diet for you. Your money is better spent on a diet plan than on AAS at this point. Your diet is obviously a weak point, I would not say a salad and taco are a great meal, and eating twice maybe three times a day is not helping you either.

:yeahthat:
I have to agree. I don't know how many times I need to say this, Var is not a weight loss drug. Step up your cardio, nail your training and focus on dieting correctly. If your serious about getting in shape hire someone to put together a diet for you. Your money is better spent on a diet plan than on AAS at this point. Your diet is obviously a weak point, I would not say a salad and taco are a great meal, and eating twice maybe three times a day is not helping you either.

Can't comment on the var...because I've never tried it, but I agree that 2-3 meals per day is not enough. You should be eating small meals every 2-3 hrs IMO- as it keeps your metabolism going and fuels the body!! It's great your losing weight again..... obviously the changes you made are working :)

By the way I tried a low dose of winny for less than a week and also felt really emotional and sensitive, so I stopped!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity