over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weighted training vests

Erok

Newbies
I was wondering if anyone has tried out the xvest x8484. The 84 pound adjustable weighted vest. Looking for a way to make cardio more intense and it looks like it could do the job. Does anyone have one?

I have a weighted vest that goes up to 150lbs. Never went that heavy but when I did use it for walking or on my elliptical I would always tweak my lower back.

xvest

love my xveat. goes to 84 pounds. use it for ring push ups. lunges all kinds of stuff. you wont need that kind of weight for cardio. good for hikeing to.

Wonder how that would work for pullups? If it doesn't impede your movement that would be a real nice alternative to strapping on weights to a belt.

So I was thinking the xvest is designed to be a bit more ergonomic so it wouldn't hurt your back. But then 85lbs is much different than 150 lol. How has yours held up wear and tear wise. And does it smell like shit after awhile? How does cleaning it work?

I used that exact one for about two years in mma training... gave it to my buddy that is pro fighter for ATT... he still uses it a few years later so they are pretty durable as well...

They work great for pull ups mal... and all types of other non bodybuilding exersises... can do alot of agility work, jumping and explosive movement exercises, etc...

Sometimes its a pain in the ass adjusting the weight tho bc they are like little 2 lb hot dog size cylinder weights that sit into individual small stretch pockets so to change it from like 90lbs down for pushups to 5-10 lbs for running, ud have alot of little weights all over and that u had to take out and put back on... hell, for pull ups and dips I just hold up to 140lb db in between my legs

If your just using for cardio, my advice since u really don't need anywhere near 90lbs is to just get one of the smaller Nike or whatever brand ones that just goto 20lbs, those are plenty for cardio... remember u have to bring yiur vest and weights w you whenever u go...it gets rediculous trying to bring a 90 lb vest around ,believe me

Last edited:
I have tried them for cardio and in my opinion I found they throw you out of balance if you use a heavy one. they need to be strapped to your body very tightly to keep the wt as close to centre of gravity of your body so its critical while fast walking and may be running they stay as tight as possible. I found they flap a bit and get loose and need fighting again and messed up my normal gait cycle a bit / abnormal forces on the knees. I returned it. feel much better without them and can get the job done on cardio so that's my take on them .
never tried chins or body wt exe and all that stuff with them on.

all the best mate.

my vest was 30-40 kgs something like that

Last edited:
Honestly, unless the vest is really designed to distribute load, you might be better off with a pack designed for rucking/hiking - those ARE designed (the good ones) to distribute the weight so your back doesn't take excessive strain.

On the other hand, I know I'd feel like a jackass wearing one on an ellipitical or treadmill at a gym, so there's that...

What sort of cardio? I only have a 50 pound vest but will run uphill to make it's intention more effective.

I've used a nylon 25 pound vest in a 12 foot deep pool to try and swim to air. Wound up walking the incline to more shallow 7 foot then bounced to air. I think that was a 25 pound vest. Don't attempt this unless you are very comfortable underwater and a good swimmer. If i recall i didn't fasten the plastic buckles so i would have quick release of weight. Best cardio for me is in cool pool water.

Eliptical, walking/hiking and kind of just wearing it whenever possible. Running hurts my lower back. I like the idea of weighted treading water but I don't think the pool I have access to is deep enough for me

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131