advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weightlifting after heart surgery - anyone done it?

That would do it too. So your damage was spread out evenly throughout your whole heart? Never considered that scenario. I hope your other organs were OK. I'd be worried you might bleed to death. I guess your aorta didn't spring a leak?

What was your ef % down to? Mine was around 20%. I recovered up to around 25%.
The aorta actually did tear...I was full bleed out for 24 hours. They were not expecting me to live, 2 weeks later I woke up. The way it tore, I was lucky enough that it folded over on itself and slowed the bleed way down. The numbers the surgeon gave me for a Aortic disection like mine was the following....50% do not survive the original attack....of the 50% that do survive, 50% of those people will die in the O.R.... so survival rate is down to 25%...he also added the fact that , each hour that passes after the original disection, survival rate goes down 2%... all I can say is I got very lucky, but still would not have traded places with my wife in a million years. She had to watch me stop breathing 5 different times over 2 weeks of trying to wake me up.

I think the lowest my EF got down to was around 33 or 35%...back up to 40-45% these days...but you and I both know that number can vary depending on who is testing it and how good they get the sonogram (or whatever it is)

The aorta actually did tear...I was full bleed out for 24 hours. They were not expecting me to live, 2 weeks later I woke up. The way it tore, I was lucky enough that it folded over on itself and slowed the bleed way down. The numbers the surgeon gave me for a Aortic disection like mine was the following....50% do not survive the original attack....of the 50% that do survive, 50% of those people will die in the O.R.... so survival rate is down to 25%...he also added the fact that , each hour that passes after the original disection, survival rate goes down 2%... all I can say is I got very lucky, but still would not have traded places with my wife in a million years. She had to watch me stop breathing 5 different times over 2 weeks of trying to wake me up.

I think the lowest my EF got down to was around 33 or 35%...back up to 40-45% these days...but you and I both know that number can vary depending on who is testing it and how good they get the sonogram (or whatever it is)
Wow, glad you made it. I think Chris Dim the pro bodybuilder suffered a similar event. Yeah, when it ruptures like that, you chances of survival are low. What part of the aorta was it? Around the arch somewhere near the heart, or was it in the big dorsal aorta? Ive heard of it getting ruptured in bad car crashes. The impact is so great that the kinetic energy breaks the wall.

Internal bleeding scares the shit out of me! Ive seen first hand what happens when a spleen bursts. Saw that in an autopsy I did with my uncle. Poor girl got hit by a train when in her pickup truck.

Wow, glad you made it. I think Chris Dim the pro bodybuilder suffered a similar event. Yeah, when it ruptures like that, you chances of survival are low. What part of the aorta was it? Around the arch somewhere near the heart, or was it in the big dorsal aorta? Ive heard of it getting ruptured in bad car crashes. The impact is so great that the kinetic energy breaks the wall.
it ruptured in the arch...they ended up doing a mechanical valve and Artery graft. I did get lucky with how it tore, instead of tearing down the aorta, it tore around...so they were able to cut it all out. Most who have disections have to be careful for further tearing the rest of their life, luckily I do not. Doctors said mine was just a thin walled aorta, birth defect that was never caught, and i was a ticking time bomb.... Every male in my family has heart issues...grand father died of a disection.

it ruptured in the arch...they ended up doing a mechanical valve and Artery graft. I did get lucky with how it tore, instead of tearing down the aorta, it tore around...so they were able to cut it all out. Most who have disections have to be careful for further tearing the rest of their life, luckily I do not. Doctors said mine was just a thin walled aorta, birth defect that was never caught, and i was a ticking time bomb.... Every male in my family has heart issues...grand father died of a disection.
Wow, so you didnt have a longitudinal tear down the aorta. You did get lucky there. Im glad you dont have to worry about it anymore. Sounds like you dodged a bullet. Kinda like me, how my clot happened in the right coronary and not the left.

Wow, so you didnt have a longitudinal tear down the aorta. You did get lucky there. Im glad you dont have to worry about it anymore. Sounds like you dodged a bullet. Kinda like me, how my clot happened in the right coronary and not the left.
yes we did, both got lucky. I find it funny when you have guys like me and you (I have also had 2 back surgeries) still find a way to make it to the gym, but then you have other people skipping the gym because their finger hurts. LOL.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131