over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weightloss Tips

weightman34

Newbies
This is a question millions of people ask each year and it is time you get the answer you want and need. It isn’t because people are lazy, addicted to food or don’t exercise properly. There are many factors into why people fail at losing weight. The following are just a few reasons why many fail at losing weight:
Attempting to lose weight for the wrong reasons. Don’t just lose weight to look great, you want to lose weight for the health aspect of things. Thousands of studies have been completed showing and proving that losing body fat improves and lengthens a person’s life. Looking better can be beneficial to a person’s self esteem, but a person should lose weight for their well being and health.
Inability to commit to permanent lifestyle changes. One downfall for many is that dieting becomes a burden to their lifestyles, and feel that it is something that is going to be only temporary. Dieting is something that will continue forever, just on different levels of severity. Diets can seem demanding to some, which is the main cause of people giving up. You must prepare yourself for a brand new lifestyle for a higher chance of success with your weight loss dieting attempts. If you want an increased chance of losing weight long term, gradually incorporate lifestyle changes to ensure they stick better.
False information provided preventing a healthier weight loss. Conflicting information provided by the many resources and fad diets lead millions down the wrong path every year. It makes it much more understandable as to why many fail on their diets when they are constantly being provided with false information. Instead of continuously being provided with false information, it is recommended to discuss your weight loss wants with a doctor or dietician.
Lack of knowledge of the bodies fat intake. The majority of people do not realize that they are actually consistently putting on body fat and losing body fat. There is no down time when it comes to not putting on body fat, meaning there is no down time to maintaining a healthy diet. If you are determined to lose weight and keep it off, you need to be able to dedicate yourself to consistently maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle.syntherolIf you are not implementing positive lifestyle changes and losing weight, you are gaining weight. Again, there is no “in-between.”
Blind to what is being consumed daily. The majority of people don’t take any notice to what they are actually consuming on a daily basis. Many overweight people consume an excessive amount of unneeded calories each day without realizing that they are doing it. Unless you keep an eye on what you are consuming then your likelihood of losing weight and keeping it off is going to drastically decrease.

Valid points, however, I think most people are lazy. Make excuses to why they can't commit. I think indirectly you agree because of some points you make in your post.

Laziness is the #1 reason people won't do it. They are too lazy to go to the gym, too lazy to prepare their food, too lazy to count their macros, too lazy to make an attempt to to the right things to lose weight. The knowledge is out there, the gyms are there, but people want things yesterday and aren't willing to wait to see results.

x2

Laziness is the #1 reason people won't do it. They are too lazy to go to the gym, too lazy to prepare their food, too lazy to count their macros, too lazy to make an attempt to to the right things to lose weight. The knowledge is out there, the gyms are there, but people want things yesterday and aren't willing to wait to see results.

:yeahthat: They want the results but not the sweat.

Laziness, yeah I suppose. I mean if they want it badly enough they'll just do it. That's true, no denying that.

But also, you have to understand that these obese people walking around have crippling food addictions. And the reason why they are addicted to food is because food tastes too good these days and is too cheap and readily available. The food tastes so good that they treat the food like drugs and get addicted to them and they just can't stop.

When you're eating normal food....I dunno, grilled chicken and rice. Generally when you've had enough, you put the fork down and that's the end of it. Cuz it really doesn't taste that great. I mean it's good don't get me wrong, but not good enough for you to treat it like a drug.

When you're eating some chocolate bar or oreos or something though...You can be full to the point of being uncomfortable, and you still want more! Your gut can be distended to the wall on the other side of the room but you'll still keep eating, because the food is basically a fucking orgasm in your mouth. Over time, these people get addicted to this junk and it's very hard to break that addiction. That's why there's an obesity epidemic in this country in my opinion. Dollar double cheeseburgers from burger king, Little Debbie cosmic brownies for 89 cents a box, and so on. It's very easy to get addicted to these foods because they bring so much temporary pleasure and relief to one's life...Like drugs.

Even now, with all the progress I have made, I simply cannot keep that stuff in the house. If it's in the house, and I have one, I'm having them all. I can't stop at just one brownie. They taste too fucking good. So, I don't keep them in the house. Problem solved.

Last edited:
^ dude thats why you skip the shitty postworkout sugar drinks (waxy maize, dextrose, etc) and eat oreos and poptarts instead. Its perfect :)

Priorities are the biggest factor, IMO. Some people value their health higher than others, some people value their looks higher than others, some people value food higher than others. If you get more pleasure from a chocolate bar than you get from showing off your abs on the beach i guess it's just fine. Just like normal people should respect bodybuilders' decisions more I think we should also respect theirs...At the end of the day it's their body they are destroying...and extreme bodybuilding certainly isn't any healthier either...
Just my 2 cents, go on guys...

good first post. Most people in this world are lazy and forgot what it takes to get what u want whether its a hards days work or a painfull workout. Sometimes I am disgusted.

I know im lazy, but because of my job, on my own time i take it easy and enjoy my life. Ive found i can stay in very reasonable shape and still be "lazy"........but deff other areas of my life suffer. Main thing to me is, am i happy??? Do i contribute and am a good citizen? Sum times the best thing to do is be lazy with someone u admire! :jumpi'g-s :) :)

Last edited:
Laziness, yeah I suppose. I mean if they want it badly enough they'll just do it. That's true, no denying that.

But also, you have to understand that these obese people walking around have crippling food addictions. And the reason why they are addicted to food is because food tastes too good these days and is too cheap and readily available. The food tastes so good that they treat the food like drugs and get addicted to them and they just can't stop.

When you're eating normal food....I dunno, grilled chicken and rice. Generally when you've had enough, you put the fork down and that's the end of it. Cuz it really doesn't taste that great. I mean it's good don't get me wrong, but not good enough for you to treat it like a drug.

When you're eating some chocolate bar or oreos or something though...You can be full to the point of being uncomfortable, and you still want more! Your gut can be distended to the wall on the other side of the room but you'll still keep eating, because the food is basically a fucking orgasm in your mouth. Over time, these people get addicted to this junk and it's very hard to break that addiction. That's why there's an obesity epidemic in this country in my opinion. Dollar double cheeseburgers from burger king, Little Debbie cosmic brownies for 89 cents a box, and so on. It's very easy to get addicted to these foods because they bring so much temporary pleasure and relief to one's life...Like drugs.

Even now, with all the progress I have made, I simply cannot keep that stuff in the house. If it's in the house, and I have one, I'm having them all. I can't stop at just one brownie. They taste too fucking good. So, I don't keep them in the house. Problem solved.

No, the reason there is an obesity epidemic in this country is because people are lazy! Yeah, many people would rather eat a cheeseburger from mcdonalds because it's fast, but how long does it take to cook the same sized burger from 93/7 ground beef, 5 minutes? Our society tells us that we need things now, everything is instant. I cooked 6 chicken breasts and 2 steaks in about 10 minutes yesterday, so time is not the culprit. People need to slow down and make the time to change, because I'm getting tired of my tax dollars paying for these fat bastards to eat and go to the doctor

I already mentioned in the very first line of my post that laziness is a completely valid point.

People don't get addicted to 93/7, 500 calorie burgers. They get addicted to sugar and all of the other flavor additives that food manufacturers pack into their snacks. When you eat a 93/7 burger, it's good. When you eat a cosmic brownie, it's an orgasm. There's a distinction there that needs to be recognized.

Food addiction is no joke. You can say lazy lazy lazy all you want, but that's like saying a heroin addict just needs to suck it up and stop doing heroin. You don't get to 400-500 pounds by being lazy and having just a little sweet tooth. You get there by having a crippling addiction to junk food. The shit is loaded with so many artificial flavorings, it's just overload for your taste buds.

I repeat, though: laziness is an important factor. A lot of obesity could be avoided with intense, daily exercise.

"Laziness, yeah I suppose. I mean if they want it badly enough they'll just do it. That's true, no denying that."

That was what you said, then in your response to my post you say that a heroin addict can't simply stop using. "If they want it badly enough they'll just do it" are your words not mine. I know what it's like to fight addiction, I am a recovering drug addict and an alcoholic so I know first hand what it's like. To say that the obese people suffer from food addiction is complete crap. It's a liberal mindset of not accepting responsibility for ones self. "It's an addiction, I can't help myself", BS!!!

Would I rather eat a box of Oreos instead of preparing steak, hell yeah. But I know what eating that box of Oreos will do and how shitty I'll feel after doing it. It's called self control. In 95% of obese people, laziness is the ONLY factor, not addiction. From laziness will spawn depression on how they look and they will eat more.

To simply say that it's a food addiction is ridiculous. Pass the blame to the food companies for making all this unhealthy food and let the people take zero personal responsibility! That's what this society does with everything, why not food!

You have a very dogmatic and narrow-minded view of this, in my opinion. You're also making up statistics.

I'll repeat just this: laziness alone is not what makes someone hundreds and hundreds of pounds overweight. It's addiction to food. I'm not saying this addiction cannot be overcome with willpower, and I'm not blaming the food companies...Quit putting words in my mouth. I'm just saying, the food tastes too good, and people are forming addictions. It is what it is.

Additionally, if what I was saying was not true, and the taste of the food wasn't so good that it was causing addictions, then why has the obesity rate tripled across the board, for all age groups, just in the last 30 or 40 years? Are you implying that people just started getting lazy in the last 30-40 years? No. It is the food that has changed and the availability of it. Not the people. There are OTHER factors too, there isn't just one single explanation, but to deny such a thing as food addiction exists is wrong.

Last edited:
I never said there was no such thing as food addiction, there is. But to simply say that food addiction is the cause of obesity is silly. So I assume that you believe that the majority of obese people are addicted to food? The 95% that I threw out there was a random number, but I would be willing to bet that it is close. To assume that the majority of obese people are addicted to food is absolutely absurd.

The reason that the obesity rate has increased so dramatically (and I believe your statistics may be a little low) is our sedentary lifestyle. Let's look at what people did 30 yrs ago when they got home from school: played football, baseball, basketball, swimming holes, they played outside. That's the things I did growing up. What do kids do now when they get home: Xbox, PS3, computer games. So how is there no change in the people? People were much more active 30 yrs ago than they are today, is that because of food? You say the food and availibility of it changed and not the people, care to explain?

Food is more readily available, but a healthy, good tasting meal can be made in a matter of minutes. Parents stop by fast food and pick up food for the family, why, because they are too tired to cook! Get the F out of here, I work all day but still go home and cook food. Wendy's is right across the street from my office and Dominoes is in the same plaza, but I bring my lunch to work and cook at home, why, because I am not lazy!

I'm not putting words in your mouth, I would just like you to stop saying that the fat people are addicted to food and can't help themselves. That is cop out BS! When I quoted you, thatwas word for word, letter for letter what you said, I didn't put a single word in there that you didn't already write.

And no, people did not all of the sudden get lazy. Technology has greatly contributed to our increased waists. Things have become so readily available that people do not want to wait for things. People want their food now, they want their mail now, they want everything now. People do not want to make their food because it takes too much time, i.e. they are lazy. There are in fact other variable, but in my opinion, laziness is the #1 culprit in obesity

Last edited:
Most people in their life at one time or another have committed or attempted to achieve a good lean and healthy look..

For the average person who looks at themself one day in the mirror and realizes its time to get healthy and in shape.. it can be seriously overwhealming..

We ( bodybuilders) tend to have better support systems than most..... Supportive families, friends that train, coaches and support from our peers..
we surround ourselves around people like us or at least we try to.. If not you would not even be reading this.

I really believe that the most important thing a person must have to achieve a good lean healthy look or jaw dropping condition.. either or is the willingness to discipline themselves day in an day out.. Get their priorities in order. give up some sleep and think about the light at the end of the tunell.

Alll of you guys make excellent points..

And there is no way its going to happen if you are not disciplined , organized and driven hard ...mentally....

My suggestion when working with someone is always to start with good realistic goals and start off by getting organized.( make things easier on yourself, have meals prepared a head, have the proper tools to make it happen).

that way you can commit your time and effort to achieve the goals you set out to do...

Personally I started at the bottom.. I had no guidance but i had a lot of discipline... then I learned to be organized and guided properly.. The journey has been long and hard and it will never end for me. And for most .. it can be more challenging, and take much longer to get there .. .but i really believe that most people can ...

Last edited:
Get a western diet (fast food, candy, etc)and throw people in backbreaking gulags (I would increase working hours than traditionally) but give them enough rest.

Goodbye fatassness. :D

Or, in my case, be raised by a grandmother born in the South in 1918 (the Great Depression and drought was not apparently fun). :eek: It'll give you great work ethic and fear laziness (damn switches)!

Last edited:
I never said there was no such thing as food addiction, there is. But to simply say that food addiction is the cause of obesity is silly. So I assume that you believe that the majority of obese people are addicted to food? The 95% that I threw out there was a random number, but I would be willing to bet that it is close. To assume that the majority of obese people are addicted to food is absolutely absurd.

The reason that the obesity rate has increased so dramatically (and I believe your statistics may be a little low) is our sedentary lifestyle. Let's look at what people did 30 yrs ago when they got home from school: played football, baseball, basketball, swimming holes, they played outside. That's the things I did growing up. What do kids do now when they get home: Xbox, PS3, computer games. So how is there no change in the people? People were much more active 30 yrs ago than they are today, is that because of food? You say the food and availibility of it changed and not the people, care to explain?

Food is more readily available, but a healthy, good tasting meal can be made in a matter of minutes. Parents stop by fast food and pick up food for the family, why, because they are too tired to cook! Get the F out of here, I work all day but still go home and cook food. Wendy's is right across the street from my office and Dominoes is in the same plaza, but I bring my lunch to work and cook at home, why, because I am not lazy!

I'm not putting words in your mouth, I would just like you to stop saying that the fat people are addicted to food and can't help themselves. That is cop out BS! When I quoted you, thatwas word for word, letter for letter what you said, I didn't put a single word in there that you didn't already write.

And no, people did not all of the sudden get lazy. Technology has greatly contributed to our increased waists. Things have become so readily available that people do not want to wait for things. People want their food now, they want their mail now, they want everything now. People do not want to make their food because it takes too much time, i.e. they are lazy. There are in fact other variable, but in my opinion, laziness is the #1 culprit in obesity

Yeah. A decreasing level of activity in addition to an increase in the availability of highly processed, sugary junk food is what makes up what some call the "obesogenic environment" which is the cause for the obesity epidemic. It is a given that people are less active now than they were in general because of the technological revolution... But the food cannot be overlooked.

To get to the level of obesity so many people reach in this country (go to Wal-Mart...Wow...400 pound people no matter where you turn your head), an addiction to food is necessary. Specifically, highly processed junk food snacks. The flavor is overwhelmingly satisfying, and this leads to an addiction. When a food tastes so good that you continue eating it well beyond the point of being full, it is not food, it is a drug.

Even for me, someone who really, really cares about the way I look... I cannot keep this junk food in my house. If I eat one, I'm going to eat more. So even though I understand personal responsibility (I don't buy the junk), I can STILL understand the addictive properties of these foods. You see, I can think about this in a nuanced fashion. This is why I said you were being dogmatic in your view of this earlier. It's not just black and white. "Fuck you fat lazy fuck, learn something about moderation, will you? Put down the oreos!!!"

It's easy to say that. But it's just not fair.

Still, basically, I agree with you. At the end of the day it IS all about personal responsibility. And the power rests in the hands of the individual. Remember my first line in this thread. If a person wants it badly enough, they can get it done.

No one knows more about dietary sacrifice and discipline than you. You're a master of conditioning...Thanks for chiming in.

i would say 30% is from being lazy
and 70% is from not being able to take hunger

dealing with normal people and telling them they have to eat a shit ton of protein per day, balance out all their macronutrients, eating 5-6 times per day, and only lose 1 lb per week is a recipe for disaster.

exercise?
i've been going to the same gym for over 3 years now... always the same people... doing cardio and training for an hour or two... the more they exercise, the hungrier they get and eat a ton of food afterwards. they're still pigs. it's not the exercise. it won't solve anything.

let me tell you something, 6 weeks ago I told my fatty friends "listen, you keep complaining about being fat and shit and you've been doing it for years on end... hell... decades!!! you say you exercise, you say you diet... well, put your money where your mouth is... everyone drop 500 riyals and the guy who loses the most weight percentage wise in 12 weeks gets the pot!"

6 guys total got in on it...
the guy who is working out for 2 hours a day and not eating at all lost 28 lbs in these 6 weeks
the guy who just stopped eating and still hasn't exercised lost 25 lbs
the guy who went on a "high protein diet" and moderate exercise lost 10 lbs
a guy who was eating an average of 6-7000 calories per day and dropped it by half without exercise lost 20 lbs
the 2 guys who actually gained weight from starting are the guys who said they don't want to diet, but they'll exercise like crazy... one of them exercises for 90 minutes, then heads to krispykreme and eats a dozen original glazed... basically burns 800 cals in the gym, and takes in 2400 after his workout.

every week i go boot camp asshole instructor on their asses... i start cussing them about how fat they were because of all the eating and tell them that they were lying to us and lying to themselves by saying they diet and exercise but it doesn't work. when there's money involved, shit happens!

after six weeks of starvation, even when they cheat, they say they eat one meal then they can't eat for a day and half from how full they feel because their stomach got much smaller.

and just to put icing on the cake... one of my friends got that shitty gastric bypass shit done... no exercise no nothing... he just physically cannot eat more than 1500 cals per day... he's 5'5 and was 280 lbs.... a year later, he's 150 lbs and skinny as shit.

people get hungry, they eat 2000 cals... then they get hungry again... they eat another 2000 cals... in between those meals are 2000 cals of crap also (lattes, mochas, donuts, chocolates, soft drinks... etc)... 6000 cals minimum... then they think they don't eat. bullshit... i would 99% of them are fat fucking pigs who don't know when to say they had enough and can't control their pie hole when their stomach says "grrrrrrrrr"

70% of people are lazy or say they have no time.

70% ??? can you please site your source on that :rolleyes:

These "lazy" people that you come in contact with or counsel daily,What is your advice to the 70% of lazy ones? what is your advice to the other 30% that laziness isn't the problem?

I just love all the young 20 somethings on this board with all their worldly knowlege , wisdom and firsthand experience:banghead:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131