over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weights & cardio VS weights & weights for precontest

tr

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Came up with this idea after viewing John Meadows thread, the guy is doing no cardio but training ED, sometimes 2 times a day and this seems to be working. Now...I love weight training a lot more than cardio (probably like everyone else) and weight training is anabolic while cardio - catabolic. Would it be good idea or has anyone tried to replace cardio session with weight training sessions. For example if someone in the offseason trains like that:

Mon - Back / Chest
Tue - off
Wed - Quads / Hams
Thu - off
Fri - Shoulder / Arms
Sat, Sun - off
no cardio

For a precontest switch to:

Mon - AM-Back / PM-Chest (hard)
Tue - Shoulders / arms supersets (more of a cardiovascular training, supersets, giantsets)
Wed - AM-Quads / PM-Hams (hard)
Thu - Back / Chest (more of a cardiovascular training, supersets, giantsets)
Fri - AM-Shoulder / PM-Arms (hard)
Sat - Quads / Hams (more of a cardiovascular training, supersets, giantsets)
Sun - off
no cardio
abs/calves - every other workout/alternating

Muscles, certain bodyparts requires only 2-3 days to recuperate, so overtraining muscles cannot happen on this split. The only thing you can overtax/overtrain is CNS, but if you do hard/taxing workouts only eod (divided into 2 daily session no more than 30-40 min per session), have lots of rest and keep stress levels to a minimum I'm assuming CNS cannot be taxed?

Best thing to do is try it out and see what you think

All you can do is try it out and see. We all have VERY different metabolisms and hormonal profiles, different diets, responses to different variables, etc. - what might work phenomenally for one guy might work DISMALLY for another.

Welcome to bodybuilding....

i was doing a fast full body workout in the am with 20-30 min high intensity cardio then training one body part in the afternoon heavy and was working well and was alot easier mentally then doing an hr of cardio in the morning

this is the way arnold and the older bbers trained!this is a good idea to stay fuller bigger during your prep!just split it up have a couple meals in between your daily training. and add some cardio and you shouldnt have to do as much cardio.this is a very good plan!good luck and let us know how it goes for you.peace.

No way I could recover from that while dieting... probably would be tough when I was eating maintenance. But that's just me. My CNS would be cooked.

I think splitting up your heavy days into two would burn you out quicker.

But let us know how it goes if you try it.

I would love to try something like that but as I am already getting up at 0515 to get to work I woud have to get up at 0400 to do that. I tried that once and after one week was so sleep deprived I just couldn't do it anymore.

I have been wanting to try this method. For these giant sets what percentage weight are we talking?

I've said it plenty of times before and I wil say it yet again: YOU CAN TRAIN A SORE MUSCLE! ;)

Actually, training a muscle while it's sore will increase protein synthesis within that muscle and promote recovery. You also get "double your money", as this dual-stimulation leads to greater increases in hypertrophy as well(and accuate biochemical and hormonal responses).

Be strategic in the muscles you choose to train and the order that you train them and you can systematically avoid overtraining. The CNS will take some time to get used to this type of load/volume, but it can be done and the results are worth it.

I have heard a lot of pro wrestlers train like this, almost circuit training style to get in weights and cardio together. They obvioulsy utilize this because of lost time while traveling.

All you can do is try it out and see. We all have VERY different metabolisms and hormonal profiles, different diets, responses to different variables, etc. - what might work phenomenally for one guy might work DISMALLY for another.

Welcome to bodybuilding....

^^^this. I have a real good buddy who eats two krispy kreme donuts for breakfast EVERYDAY and is ridiculously shredded, I look at one and gain 5lbs. It's trail and error bro.

I do waight training then cardio for 45 minutes.Burn off the carbs by training then do cardio.

im having great lyposis from doing this.

great post by shelby...

I think in terms of getting shredded your diet will dictate your result...

1 thing to think about (training is catabolic) so you want to be staying as anabolic as possible during those periods,,, nutrition be alot more precise and you would should not jump into approaches you are not sure of if your in the midst of a prep I think trials need to be set up first to ensure everything is balanced...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131