over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weird exercises you like

UCP

Newbies
JM is always coming up with creative movements and Dante is always saying you have to get weird with it sometimes so I wanted to make a thread dedicated to exercises you don't see everyday but enjoy.

overhead bicep curls - For some reason I get a really good contraction with these.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew6Stze6ei4"]Biceps Overhead cable curl (behind the neck) - YouTube[/ame]

Chest crossover - Don't really know what to call these but I do this with a cable to hit the chest fully shortened. Gets a lot of blood in there.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCmY_HxrqWs"]Chest Exercise (UPPER and INNER Pecs with 1 Dumbbell) - YouTube[/ame]

Dante Row - Tried this for the first time the other day and like it a lot.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr6-OKbCqu4"]Dante Rows - YouTube[/ame]

Lower Lat Row - Not really a movement but this post by Phil has some good tips about pulling the lat down on a horizontal row. Really feel this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/2SELSwiaSI/?taken-by=philviz

What else do you guys like?

My gym has a machine that does bicep curls like that single arm at a time which I prefer over both together, but yea it is a great contraction different than any other curl. Guy in the video also had great form, which most lack especially on any kind of curls.

I never seen that chest movement before in second but I wanna try it. Thanks for sharing.

Like an Idiot I neglected rear delts for way too long. I've been doing this now every shoulder day to help bring up my lagging rear delts. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxFs72mYYsM"]Hang and Swing Destroyer Set - YouTube[/ame]

Reverse grip bench press from cycle for pennies

Drag curls. They might look odd if you've never seen them before, but they feel great.

Took forever to find a video of this but here it is, 1 arm cross body hammer strength press. Sometimes it is hard to get the triceps out of this one but with a short range of motion I like it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IEjtr_LUSk"]Iso Lateral Sideways Bench Press (Inner Chest) - YouTube[/ame]

Nice videos. I learned something from the first two.
Dad always said no matter how old you get you should learn something every day.
Im 42 and still open minded to learn.
Thanks for the post!

I like to do a low incline smith machine skull crusher. And tricep push downs with the seated row handle.

I like putting a incline bench in the cable crossover and doing 1 arm incline bicep curls for high reps. Awesome pump

Strap Krushers: take a straight bar and put ankle straps on it. Grab the straps like you would grab a rope (do not put hands through the strap) and perform skull krushers.

Strap Curl: Same concept. Straight bar curl holding onto the ankle straps.
Standing Dumbell Concentration Curl: Lean to the side you are curling on so the arm is out from the body. Keep the tricep Vertical. Keep the forearm directly in line with the bicep throughout the entire movement. Keep the wrist curled upwards throughout the entire movement. Curl and squeeze HARD at the top. If you perform these correctly they are so effective it's painful!

Calf Curl: Sit on bench and set feet on the edge of a step platform. Place EZ bar on the toes and curl your feet upwards.

Also I just tried a High Cable Curl movement but for some reason I always thought it looked inefficient. Well I found that if you try to keep the arm locked and only move the forearm they work VERY well!

Isolation on your back Bicep cable curls

lay with your back flat on the bench infront of the cable machine. Isolation bicep curls theres no room for cheating. Great for bicep peak.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention Yates rows. Slight variation of a bent over barbell row, more upright posture, shorter range of motion basically bringing the bar from the knees to waist. Doing bent over rows any other way doesn't feel as good for me. The extra weight you can move doing them isn't bad either. :D

Weighted ab wheel

You got to try hooking your cheep little about wheel to a low cable. So when you pull it back you gotta fight the weight. You gotta get a little creative to get the cable hooked to the ab wheel. I made a strap that hooked on to each handle and the cable clip. It kinda looks like those ab/triceps straps that hook to cable machine for standup ab work.

Somersault squats on a smith machine. I like to do them as a second leg exercise in a workout.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131