over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weird fucking injury

swim15

Registered
Well I'm in the usual spot when no one else has any idea.

Occasional MP competitor...going to classic if I get on stage agin. Training for ~6 years, more if you count other sports.

Been wanting to do MMA training for a long time. Not compete but just cross train for the cardio and pretty much to be lethal in a fight. So, went to my first class Monday. It was intense, left sore as hell and pretty bruised up but had a badass time.

Had to take Tuesday off and fast forward to Wednesday, yesterday. Go in to hit chest and am pretty much dehibilitated and ended up having to leave after a couple sets and went to sit in the steam room for half an hour.

The best way I can describe it is this- a lot of guys get the tendonitis or something similar in their forearms when curling with a bar or really heavy. I've had that issue in the past and had to give up all bar curling. The pain where it doesn't hurt so much to lift as it does when you release the weights and electricity runs through you're forearms.

Now, I had that happening except it's from my shoulders to my wrists with pain around the joints as well and even warming up with light ass weight hurt like fuck. Got up to a set of 110s on incline and had to quit the shit hurt so bad. It's not muscle soreness but "bone pain" is the best way I can describe the feeling.

At the gym now trying to do 50rep sets with 10lbs and pretty much saying fuck it, gonna hit some cardio and leave to rest, ice, and Advil for a few days along with some extra growth probably.

Anyone have any fucking clue?

Well I'm in the usual spot when no one else has any idea.

Occasional MP competitor...going to classic if I get on stage agin. Training for ~6 years, more if you count other sports.

Been wanting to do MMA training for a long time. Not compete but just cross train for the cardio and pretty much to be lethal in a fight. So, went to my first class Monday. It was intense, left sore as hell and pretty bruised up but had a badass time.

Had to take Tuesday off and fast forward to Wednesday, yesterday. Go in to hit chest and am pretty much dehibilitated and ended up having to leave after a couple sets and went to sit in the steam room for half an hour.

The best way I can describe it is this- a lot of guys get the tendonitis or something similar in their forearms when curling with a bar or really heavy. I've had that issue in the past and had to give up all bar curling. The pain where it doesn't hurt so much to lift as it does when you release the weights and electricity runs through you're forearms.

Now, I had that happening except it's from my shoulders to my wrists with pain around the joints as well and even warming up with light ass weight hurt like fuck. Got up to a set of 110s on incline and had to quit the shit hurt so bad. It's not muscle soreness but "bone pain" is the best way I can describe the feeling.

At the gym now trying to do 50rep sets with 10lbs and pretty much saying fuck it, gonna hit some cardio and leave to rest, ice, and Advil for a few days along with some extra growth probably.

Anyone have any fucking clue?

I'm the same way so its going to sound funny me writing this but stop lifting and go to a doctor and try to get a mri.

Sounds like you may have stressed or strained you connective tissue. Give yourself some more rest time.

I'm the same way so its going to sound funny me writing this but stop lifting and go to a doctor and try to get a mri.

What do I tell them to MRI? From my shoulder to my wrist in both arms? I had an MRI when I had the same thing in my forearms and turned up nothing

^that sounded kinda dickish. Not trying to lol just what my experience was before

Sounds like you may have stressed or strained you connective tissue. Give yourself some more rest time.

Figured it was that, probably tendon related but just have such a hard time believing it would come from workout with essentially body weight after all his time training

What do I tell them to MRI? From my shoulder to my wrist in both arms? I had an MRI when I had the same thing in my forearms and turned up nothing

^that sounded kinda dickish. Not trying to lol just what my experience was before

Injuries are complicated. A orthopedist can help determine where the pain is coming from. Even a shoulder injury can make your arms hurt

Last edited:
look into ligaments, sometimes they will pull too hard on the bone and the bone is what can hurts like that...ibuprofin can help hugely for temp relief but will have to back off for a while to repair / heal

The pain you describe is in the nerve. Maybe you have a nerve that is impinged in your brachial plexus. Somewhere in your shoulder something is putting pressure on that nerve.

If you have numbness, tingling and or pain in both arms it could come from your neck.

Did you get put in positions where your arms were put on tension and you resisted? Like grappling. If so, then that would make me think you stressed your connective tissue.

MRI? For what? A day of pain so far. If you MRI people without pain the majority will show some sort of degeneration or visual abnormality. Give it time and most likely you will feel better. If this persists then imaging may help. MRIs are not magic and don't have an arrow pointing to the problem always. I meet people all the time that get surgeries based off MRIs and regret it as what was found on an MRI was not the true problem.

I would give yourself some rest from this new stimulus until you feel better then get back to your routine slowly. Take some ibuprofen and allow your body to heal from the new workout or injury.

If you have numbness, tingling and or pain in both arms it could come from your neck.

Did you get put in positions where your arms were put on tension and you resisted? Like grappling. If so, then that would make me think you stressed your connective tissue.

MRI? For what? A day of pain so far. If you MRI people without pain the majority will show some sort of degeneration or visual abnormality. Give it time and most likely you will feel better. If this persists then imaging may help. MRIs are not magic and don't have an arrow pointing to the problem always. I meet people all the time that get surgeries based off MRIs and regret it as what was found on an MRI was not the true problem.

I would give yourself some rest from this new stimulus until you feel better then get back to your routine slowly. Take some ibuprofen and allow your body to heal from the new workout or injury.

I get you. The guy said he was in dehibilitated pain and having "bone pain". Either he was being dramatic or being real desercribing his pain. I agree with you he should rest regardless..

Last edited:
This the same swim15 from back in the day at PHF? Good to see you bro, it's been a while.

Yes we did some grappling at the end and was putting muscles under a lot of isometric like tension trying to get out of holds- figured I probably strained some nonvascular tissue so that seems to be somewhat of a consensus.

The pain isn't debilitating just sitting around but it is when lifting. Like I described with that forearm pain which I guessed was tendon related as well, only difference is that took a long period of time to develop.

Going to give it some rest for a week and just hit legs every other day and hopefully that will be enough. Also going to increase HGH a little with ibuprofen and joint supps just in case.

Thanks for the replies guys

Sounds like you have compression on your ulna nerve in the neck, you very well have herniated a disc in there. In would go see a physiotherapist and have them take a good poke around, you can go see a doctor but they will recommend physio anyway. At least go to a certified massage therapist to help with the pain, the more that nerve spasms the more it restricts blood flow knotting you from your neck to behind the shoulder blades to your hands going numb. Stay out of the ring until then

Went to see a sports medicine doc I'm friends with and let him poke around for shits due to some of the thoughts on here. He said it's definitely not nerve related which would explain why Advil helps with the pain and it's likely strain to the non vascular tissue so rest, ice, Advil it is

Good to hear you have a bit more of an idea how to treat it. Advil/ibuprofen is a antinflamitory so it would still help taking any swelling off of a nerve. Those little buggers just need a feathers touch of pressure to cause problems. Good luck healing up

Went to see a sports medicine doc I'm friends with and let him poke around for shits due to some of the thoughts on here. He said it's definitely not nerve related which would explain why Advil helps with the pain and it's likely strain to the non vascular tissue so rest, ice, Advil it is

Good to know brother. Hope you have a speedy recovery

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420