over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weird Iron bloodwork again!

So when healthy , nothing good comes from donating?

If it is dangerously high then you should get a phlebotomy. Its doing it too often that can cause trouble, but it doesn't always at first. Really have to have blood tests run to keep an eye on things.

When I first started doing it after my heart attack my hemoglobin had been as high as 20. I had to get a phlebotomy once a month and even then it would still run about 18 by the time I came back in 4 weeks. Took me nearly 2 years of going once a month to get mine under control. Everyone is different.

Pretty much what I've realized too...but you still probably don't want thick blood making everything work harder to move it over long periods of time.
Yup, the low ferritin and high H/H thing was making me a hypochondriac for no reason. I had every blood clotting test under the sun and I tested negative for every single one (factor V and all the others). I would donate blood and my H/H would just come back to what it was within a couple of weeks. Total waste of time and emotional energy. My Hematocrit stays at 54 now with my Hemoglobin 18.5 on TRT. Whatever, nothing I can do about it besides comes off testosterone, which would be the dumbest thing ever (despite what two fat idiot hematologists told me)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yup, the low ferritin and high H/H thing was making me a hypochondriac for no reason. I had every blood clotting test under the sun and I tested negative for every single one (factor V and all the others). I would donate blood and my H/H would just come back to what it was within a couple of weeks. Total waste of time and emotional energy. My Hematocrit stays at 54 now with my Hemoglobin 18.5 on TRT. Whatever, nothing I can do about it besides comes off testosterone, which would be the dumbest thing ever (despite what two fat idiot hematologists told me)

What concerned me was my elevated B 12 levels with possible Iron deficiency. Elevated B12 serum levels can actually be a false positive for iron disorders and anemia. In my genetic testing my Jak2 mutations show I could be a candidate for myeloproliferative neoplasm. High serum b12 is a poor indicator and can be increased from anything with B 12 in it but there are forms of cancer that occur in people with very high serum B12. But to rule that out I got a Methylmalonic Acid and Homocysteine test done as usually those patients have high levels of both. Luckily my levels were normal but I’m still paranoid so I just ordered a Vitamin B12 Binding Capacity, Unsaturated (Transcobalamin) test as that would be the final rule out of any cancers or myeloproliferative neoplasm.

Last edited:
I can’t figure out what in the world is going on with my iron related bloodwork. I am on testosterone replacement therapy and in the past I was referred to do several phlebotomies to lower my hemoglobin. This ended up tanking my ferritin levels. It’s been almost a year since I’ve done a phlebotomy so I could get my iron levels and ferritin increased.

The following Labs were taken 4/29/18

Total iron 71 range 50-180

TIBC 382 range 250-425

% saturation 19 range 15-60

Ferritin 29range 29-345

Transferrin 265 range 188-341

RBC 5.9 range 4.2-5.8

Hemoglobin 17 range 13-17

Hematocrit 50 range 38-50

RDW 13 range 11-15

MCV 87 range 80-100

Platelets 192 range 140-400

B12 serum 1941 range 200-1100

Folate serum 9.6 range >5.4

Methylmalonic Acid 3.6 range 1.6-29.7

MMA Normalized 1.6 range 0.4-2.5

Homocysteine 4.6 range 0-15

Liver normal

Jak mutations normal

EPO 14.2 range 2.6-18.5

I recently got a b12 unsat binding test to see if I need to supplement with B12 and the results confuse me. They are very low yet I have high B12 serum and normal MMA.

Vitamin B12 Blood Test, Unsaturated Binding Capacity:

Result 481 range 725-2045

These are my mutations:

MTHFR GT risk allele G (A1298C)

MTHFR AG risk allele A (C677T)

MTRR GG risk allele G (A66G)

MTRR CT risk allele T (C524T)

MAOB C risk allele T +/+*(male)

COMT AG risk allele A (V158M)

COMT CT risk allele T (H62H)

GSTP1 GG risk allele G (lle105Val)

APOE CC risk allele C (Arg176Cys)

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Oops I should probably note that I just read the test could be skewed if supplementing with b12. At the time I was using 1mg adenosylcobalamin and 1mg hydroxocobalamin. Last dose was maybe 36hrs prior to blood test.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws