advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weird Muscle Cramps; Stewie and Others please Read!

I have been using buzz saw 7 days a week for a couple of years. I used to use Fast Twitch from Cytosport but they changed the formula.

Hvae you changed your training style recently? More reps and sets or perhaps lighter weight and more controlled reps (more pump)? I could be way off but I have been getting something very similar recently. I am 99% certain it is due to the pump pre workouts I use and really exhausting the muscles to the point they try and get me back later on :eek::D

If it's more than the occasional cramp got to your doctor and talk to him about prescribing Dilantin. It's a anti seizure medication that's off prescribed for cramps. I suffered for years with cramps in any muscle that was working to exhaustion. I guarantee you will never have a cramp again.

Or first, consult with his doctor regarding the issue at hand. Dilantin when used for prolonged periods of time is not something you can come off of without a taper. It is also known to leech calcium from bones, interfere with vitamin D absorption, and deplete the body of biotin.

Hvae you changed your training style recently? More reps and sets or perhaps lighter weight and more controlled reps (more pump)? I could be way off but I have been getting something very similar recently. I am 99% certain it is due to the pump pre workouts I use and really exhausting the muscles to the point they try and get me back later on :eek::D

No, haven't changed anything at all in years; I am too old and beat up to go real heavy, but its too boring to do too many reps. I usually stay within 10-20.
However, when I was younger(like 20 years ago), I couldn't do stairmaster or some types of cardio because my quads would get too pumped and then just lock with painful cramps. I couldn't even walk without sitting for several minutes.

If it's more than the occasional cramp got to your doctor and talk to him about prescribing Dilantin. It's a anti seizure medication that's off prescribed for cramps. I suffered for years with cramps in any muscle that was working to exhaustion. I guarantee you will never have a cramp again.

Thanks for the suggestion but I would rather figure out what is causing it and change whatever I am doing wrong. Whatever is happening is not normal(I hope), and while the drug may help, it is just masking the symptoms. If I can't figure out what is going on and it does get worse, then yes, I may consider that though.

I have this happen in the abdominal area. It happened so bad last night as I sat on the toilet I screamed out, dropped my phone, and almost fell off the toilet. It also tries to move to the next abdomen muscle across from it. The entire area bulges, the muscle gets soo hard it feels like it's going to rip off of my body. Then I get twitching after that and if I strain the muscle in any little way it wants to cramp. I relax to try and fight it from cramping.

This has been happening to me for over a year now. Can't figure out what it is. I chalked it up to me ignoring abs for years in fear of irritating my umbilical hernia. When I train them now they always want to cramp and sometimes I cut sets short.

My theory is this is a muscle imbalance possibly where the opposing muscle is much stronger causing some type of issue. I'm not sure though. This is just my unprofessional theory.

Are you more quad dominant would you say?

No, actually much more ham dominant. On both my quads, I have tears of the superficial distal layers of the vastus lateralis so that the muscle is visibly shorter than it should be and quite a bit weaker.

I've had this issue both times that I've done a contest preparation. It seems my intensity increases and my hydration decreases that area cramps in both legs pretty horribly in the middle of night. That's actually why am up right now LOL. Like you said unfortunately once it starts it does not stop quickly and the muscles are horribly painful After for days

Yes you can come off it without a taper if it's used for muscle cramps and not for seizures. I have done it several times as directed by my neurological. Also yes Dilantin can cause side effects like any drug. I have been on it for 20 years and never had any issues.

Last edited:
I take 2 potassium(100mg) in the AM and 2 in the PM. I also take Mag Glycinate in the AM, and Mag Taurate as well as Threonate in the evening. I tried adding in some extra mag and potassium before bed to see if there was a difference and it didn't change anything. For a while I would drink what is called a "mexican" coke at dinner because it is from mexico and I believe is slightly stonger. I quit drinking those and I didn't have any problems. So I added back in coke from the fountain and I was ok for a while as well; but then it started up again. I am going to take the coke out again, but that is why I think it may be stimulant related.

first thoughts pc and magt...

but....

I like pc pre wo only in the 3-5g range....

also 1g magt prior, if having cramping issue before bed I would add another g there.

2 simple options to play with that MAY help if associated with water are taurine and glycerol.

idk whats in some of those mixes but... ALC will cause cramping and spasms in higher doses.

if associated with stims, can also try some theanine, as that will counter caffeine and may help a lil with addy...

also stretching post work out... that might help too.

I had a similar issue however I had cut the bottom of my foot as I stepped on a Nail which was facing up , needless to say went thru my boot and into the bottom of my foot , I began to experience this went to the the Dr got a tetanus shot....no cramps since .

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

first thoughts pc and magt...

but....

I like pc pre wo only in the 3-5g range....

also 1g magt prior, if having cramping issue before bed I would add another g there.

2 simple options to play with that MAY help if associated with water are taurine and glycerol.

idk whats in some of those mixes but... ALC will cause cramping and spasms in higher doses.

if associated with stims, can also try some theanine, as that will counter caffeine and may help a lil with addy...

also stretching post work out... that might help too.

Thanks for the reply. I already take around 20-30 grams of glycerol per day in the form of LBA's. I also already take theanine 200 mg with dinner and 200mg before bed. Would you recommend increasing that dosage and are there any side effects with higher dosages? Also, I do take a few grams of ALC per day, but mostly earlier in the day. Could that be having an effect that long after?

This happens to my calves, quads or hamstrings on tren. Horrible cramps that wake me up and leave me feeling like pulled something for days.
Have not found any pattern and d it can happen nightly or go weeks without happening

Thanks for the reply. I already take around 20-30 grams of glycerol per day in the form of LBA's. I also already take theanine 200 mg with dinner and 200mg before bed. Would you recommend increasing that dosage and are there any side effects with higher dosages? Also, I do take a few grams of ALC per day, but mostly earlier in the day. Could that be having an effect that long after?

there it is!!! lol

ill bet you..... a 50 dollar credit on your next order its that!
tell tale sign of too much alc is muscle spasms and cramping!

200mgs of theanine is not very much, I eat a small heaping spoonful like 4x ed... I see no side effects. my dose is 500-1000mgs each time.

I think the only potential that comes to mind could be serotonin syndrome though that is more my caution then anything else, I have pushed the limits on that and think a lot of the info is not so accurate...

lbas are awesome for gly! im sooo jealous! too hard for me to get them here!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws