over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weird thing about my girls training...

RONJON

Kilo Klub Member
My girl tells me that everytime she starts back up at the gym she gains about 3 lbs when she weighs herself on the 3rd day. Then she says that in the next few days it gos back down. WTF!!??? What is the deal here? She isnt yet doing weights just dieting (Atkins) and doing her cardio routine. WHy does she gain at first when she starts back doing the cardio???

And on a side note..I think the Atkins diet is garbage...but she likes it. What do you guys think of it?

Thanks
RONJON

Those 3 lbs can possibly be from starting cardio and your muscle cells being filled with blood and makeing your body heavier at first until your body gets used to it.

Those 3 lbs can possibly be from starting cardio and your muscle cells being filled with blood and makeing your body heavier at first until your body gets used to it.
No. the volume of blood in your body did not magically change in three days, but the volume of water the muscle now holds did! It is all water weight from the increased demand on her muscles. Notjhing to worry about and tell her to stop weighing herself and look in the mirror!

No. the volume of blood in your body did not magically change in three days, but the volume of water the muscle now holds did! It is all water weight from the increased demand on her muscles. Notjhing to worry about and tell her to stop weighing herself and look in the mirror!

Exactly what I was going to reply! :)

this is a great thread, the same thing happens to my girl, she gets all freaked out and just stops eating until she loses whatever she gained. ive been telling her for 2 years to stop watching the scale and start watching the mirror. one thing that did help her out was taking the batteries out of the scale. if your girl is tiny like mine 3 lbs is a big deal when its more that 3% of your total body weight. one of the best things you can do is reassure her constantly. dont wait for the freak out start telling her how good shes doing and how good she looks before she hits that scale. as for the atkins diet im not a big fan. we both love to eat(thats exactly why i have that thread up in the recipes forum) but i do have some control over what she eats because she cant cook. i try to help her make smart food choices and keep the meals she eats smaller and more often to stoke the metabolism.

I hear this all the time for women who just start working out. I try to explain it to them too, but they always let those few extra little pounds bother them.

The best advise I've ever heard was stay off the scales the mirror never lies.

I feel this happening to me as well. Any time i've taken a break in the past and gotten back to training and cardio, i actually "feel" thicker or heavier for the first few days/week. I stick with it and it goes away :)

Let her know it's normal and that it will dissipate if she continues working out :)

Thanks Everybody!

My girl tells me that everytime she starts back up at the gym she gains about 3 lbs when she weighs herself on the 3rd day. Then she says that in the next few days it gos back down. WTF!!??? What is the deal here? She isnt yet doing weights just dieting (Atkins) and doing her cardio routine. WHy does she gain at first when she starts back doing the cardio???

And on a side note..I think the Atkins diet is garbage...but she likes it. What do you guys think of it?

Thanks
RONJON

perhaps water wieght,,,retention,,,imbalance??

That is the most reasonable explanation for this. Same thing happens to me when i train legs.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear