Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Very Impressive!!!
Congrats to Big Vic

Attachments

• x1318-victor-martinez-89_final.jpg.pagespeed.ic.56mW9JKcOq.jpg
    x1318-victor-martinez-89_final.jpg.pagespeed.ic.56mW9JKcOq.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 764
Very very close to the Vic of 07. And when I say close I mean probably like 96% of what he was. If his quads from the front where say 15% better he would be top 3-5 easily at the O

Nice COMEBACK Vic, on to the Mr.O!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Nice. Glad to see things going his way once again.

Glad to see big Vic back to championship form! Crazy how good these guys are in their mid 40s

Yes he won the Baltimore Classic!
Victor doesn't sweat the petty stuff, he pets the sweaty stuff! Congrats Bro!

Sent from The Iron Pile

Nice COMEBACK Vic, on to the Mr.O!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Exactly my thoughts. This win qualified him for the Olympia, and my personal opinion is that with the size and conditioning he brought to this show, If he goes back to train in kuwait at oxygen, he will bring a better overall package to the stage.

Victor looked great. Akim also brought it finally. I would like to see Victor after he had more time. Maybe another year with the camel crew.

Victor looked great. Akim also brought it finally. I would like to see Victor after he had more time. Maybe another year with the camel crew.

Yeah, Vic did look good.

One thing I noticed...and which makes is abundantly clear how shitty some of these guys are as posers...is when I watched Alkim's routine. What you see below is exactly how it went...pose for pose.

He walks out and starts off by hitting a hands over head shot, Sergio style. He then moves to...

Front double biceps
Front lat
Front double biceps
Front lat

Side chest

Front double biceps
Front lat
Front double biceps
Front double biceps with one arm extended
front double biceps with the other arm extended

WTF already?

After that he turns around and does...

Back double biceps
Rear lat

That's it for the rear shots. After he turns around back to the front we are treated to...

Most muscular
Most muscular
Most muscular
Most muscular
Most muscular
Most muscular
Front double biceps

...and he then walks off the stage.

Hmm???? Is that seriously how a "professional" bodybuilder chooses to present his physique? All I can say is WTF?

Last edited:
You can bet your ass Victor will go back to Kuwait to train for the Olympia. I watched the MD post show interview and I haven't seen him that happy in s long time. Congrats to him for getting back into his groove

Yeah, Vic did look good.

One thing I noticed...and which makes is abundantly clear how shitty some of these guys are as posers...is when I watched Alkim's routine. What you see below is exactly how it went...pose for pose.

He walks out and starts off by hitting a hands over head shot, Sergio style. He then moves to...

Front double biceps
Front lat
Front double biceps
Front lat

Side chest

Front double biceps
Front lat
Front double biceps
Front double biceps with one arm extended
front double biceps with the other arm extended

WTF already?

After that he turns around and does...

Back double biceps
Rear lat

That's it for the rear shots. After he turns back to the front and we are then treated to...

Most muscular
Most muscular
Most muscular
Most muscular
Most muscular
Most muscular
Front double biceps

...and he then walks off the stage.

Hmm???? Is that seriously how a "professional" bodybuilder choose to present his physique? All I can say is WTF?

Mike I was thinking the same exact fucking thing! And the strangest part about it is he guest poses quite a lot so it's not like he doesn't get much practice.

Honestly in the comparisons he sucks at posing as well. Idk it's irritating when you watch the older guys i.e. Levrone Wheeler Dorian Labrada pose and then see this shit.

Glad to see big Vic back to championship form! Crazy how good these guys are in their mid 40s

The game has changed with guys like DEXTER and VICTOR defying age.
At one time I thought VICTOR was on his way to being the next MR.O
Glad to see him doing well.

Mike I was thinking the same exact fucking thing! And the strangest part about it is he guest poses quite a lot so it's not like he doesn't get much practice.

Honestly in the comparisons he sucks at posing as well. Idk it's irritating when you watch the older guys i.e. Levrone Wheeler Dorian Labrada pose and then see this shit.

I hear ya'. I very much miss the old days. I completely understand why guys like Shawn, Flex, Levrone, and all the others are so critical when it comes to these guys' posing routines. It's because they are pathetic.

What makes no sense is that posing is THE ONLY vehicle through which the physique is displayed, yet these guys act like it is some unimportant bullshit that they can't be bothered with. Don't they realize that the judges only see what they show them...and that they are judged based solely on that? It's not about having a pretty routine or a specific posing style, it's about showing the judges your PHYSIQUE to the best of its ability. Posing is HOW they earn their placings! Its freakin' retarded to put all that hard work into training and dieting just to get up onstage and act like a 14 year old posing in the mirror for his first time.

I hear ya'. I very much miss the old days. I completely understand why guys like Shawn, Flex, Levrone, and all the others are so critical when it comes to these guys' posing routines. It's because they are pathetic.

What makes no sense is that posing is THE ONLY vehicle through which the physique is displayed, yet these guys act like it is some unimportant bullshit that they can't be bothered with. Don't they realize that the judges only see what they show them...and that they are judged based solely on that? It's not about having a pretty routine or a specific posing style, it's about showing the judges your PHYSIQUE to the best of its ability. Posing is HOW they earn their placings! Its freakin' retarded to put all that hard work into training and dieting just to get up onstage and act like a 14 year old posing in the mirror for his first time.

perhaps Akim recognizes that he is far weaker from the back than from the front.. and is trying to hide his weaknesses while displaying his strengths.

perhaps Akim recognizes that he is far weaker from the back than from the front.. and is trying to hide his weaknesses while displaying his strengths.

It's not the fact that he didn't do many back poses...it's that he did the same 3 front poses about 20 times that bothers me...and all but one of them was a mandatory pose.

I have no doubt that he would look great in at least a handful of other, non-mandatory poses, but being that he puts in just about zero effort into this aspect of his preparation, we will probably never know what they are.

Anyone who understands the importance of posing (not for the posing itself, but as a tool for displaying the physique) understands that Akim is failing to display his body to its best advantage and as a result, is doing himself a disservice.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity