over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Well, the new year's resolution people are back

I hate the 2 guys that are friends/lovers and they spend about the whole time it takes me to do 4-6 different exercises for 8-15reps 3-4sets per exercise(approx 45 mins) to do freaking two sets of 10 on flat bench. Or some crap in the power rack because they just stand there and talk for freaking 20 min between sets OMG I want to just go up and drop kick them in their tiny man chests then beat them over the freaking head with the 65lb barbell their benching with .... But that would come across as ROID RAGE wouldn't it....LOL they are the reason people get RAGE damn it ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol jk kidding guys I would never beat anyone over the head but It has crossed my mind......

i would like to let these same retards know that bringing the bar down about only 2 inches from the top and then back up again is not a bench press so stop putting 3 plates on each side and taking 10 minutes between doing 1 rep with the help of your friend..

I am at big LifeTime Fitness in Texas. What I see at the new years are a lot of certain ethnic groups that start coming in for a few months and it must be part of their culture not to shower daily, so you have sweaty unbathed people struting aroung the gym. Its just plain nasty.

One Positive

The Mother & Daughter teams switching Gyms and Smelling like Cucumber melon or Strawberry Shortcake. i wasn't even mad when the Messed my last set up by Doing their Stretching in front of me.

and don't forget these same people going to supplement stores and buying whatever the salesperson says to buy

the store i work in loves this time of the year lol

Why all the hate, the name calling, the disrespect,
the negativity towards what I call the "resolutionists"?

Not a good way to start new year in my book.

We all have to start somewhere. Anybody who shows
up and makes an attempt towards improving themselves
gets a thumbs up from me. And while you may not
agree with their methods, appearance, or conduct, as
long as they are doing you or others no harm, please
extend some common courtesy and respect. Last time
I checked, few of us were born with the ideal body, and
like I said, we all have to start somewhere.

Please take all that negative energy and channel it into your
workouts. Complaining about other people, without offering
any help or useful, constructive advice to their face, serves
no good purpose.

Just ignore other people that you seem to find fault with and
move on or invest in some equipment and train on your own.

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

Off my soapbox . . .
Blah. Blah. Blah. Sorry, couldn't resist.;)

you guys mad??

Lol I actually enjoy it. There are so many things to look at and laugh at inbetween my sets. And all they do is cardio, machines that are useless, curls, and bench. So chances are they aren't ever "in my way" hogging the equipment. It's all about body language guys. You can be polite as little bo peep and still let them know that they're dumbasses for curling in the squat rack. All you have to do is politely go over and say "hey, how many sets you go left in the squat rack? It's my leg day" EVERY time i've said those exact words, they just go somewhere else cause they realize that what they're doing is ridiculous, and that you actually need to lift.

Either way its great. You can either crush on the eye candy or laugh at the people lifting who dont know how to lift:)

its not "resolutionists" its.. "resolutionaries"..

I dont mind it.. I just started dieting for my next show and its amusing to see them running around like headless chickens... sadly, no attractive women.

Bro.....

.... I hope you got a little self esteem boost from that post. Lighten up a little. Life is too short not to have fun also. This world is full of idiots, thats a fact. If these people are still coming to the gym in 6 months, take a minute to learn some gym etiquette and attempt to learn a little something about techniques or methods to achieve something in the gym then they will start to earn my respect.

I call a spade a spade, an idiot and idiot.

no good purpose.

Off my soapbox . . .

.... I hope you got a little self esteem boost from that post. Lighten up a little. Life is too short not to have fun also. This world is full of idiots, thats a fact. If these people are still coming to the gym in 6 months, take a minute to learn some gym etiquette and attempt to learn a little something about techniques or methods to achieve something in the gym then they will start to earn my respect.

I call a spade a spade, an idiot and idiot.

lighten up a little? Did you even read his post? alfresco is the one that IS light on the subject. Instead of bitching about the new years people, he's saying to just ignore the stupidity, and help them out if you can/want to.

no good purpose.

Off my soapbox . . .

Good point. We were all newbies at one time. It was not my intent to trash people or have this thread turn into a hate thread. Those that know me in person know I am not like that at all :)

you guys mad?? Lol I actually enjoy it.

Same here. I was actually chuckling to myself. But too many people in a room can make me very claustrophobic.

Sigh.....

lighten up a little? Did you even read his post? alfresco is the one that IS light on the subject. Instead of bitching about the new years people, he's saying to just ignore the stupidity, and help them out if you can/want to.

1) Uh... yes I read his post, hence my response
2) Uh... No he is not the one that is light on the subject. His post was a wet blanket on a fire.
3) I find it hard to ignore stupidity when it's standing right in front of me and I need to use the Smith machine.
4) I don't want to help them out, i don't have the time and it ruins my mindset when trying to workout. Before one embarks on something new (working out) that their serious about they should be a tiny bit proactive and try to learn something about what the fuck they are doing. Get on the internet or read a fucking book about working out.
23 years ago before i ever set foot in the gym i read Arnolds "encyclopedia of modern bodybuiding" cover to cover because i was SERIOUS and wanted to learn. Another reason i have little sympathy.

I'm done wit it now.

BC

Last edited:
1) 3) I find it hard to ignore stupidity when it's standing right in front of me and I need to use the Smith machine.

BC

I wonder if anyone in your gym is laughing at you for using the Smith Machine

LOLOL...

I wonder if anyone in your gym is laughing at you for using the Smith Machine[/QUOTE

Touche'!

Funny thing is since I'm the biggest one in there...... I don't give a fuck. If anything they probably laugh at my attire. But I'm a big boy... i can take it.

I can laugh at myself as easily as I can laugh at other people.
I still remember the first year I started lifting. I was proud of myself because I had worked up to flatbenching a 45lb plate on each side O' the bar. I was bigtime! Well... One day my usual bench was busy so i went to another and loaded up a 45 plate on either side, i thought they felt heavy but i knew i had been benchin 2-45 plates .... unracked it and it sunk like a lead balloon to my neck. I managed to dump one side and escape. Then notice that they were 45KG plates.

BC

I feel for these people

They are easy prey for the supposed "trainers" at Gold's. I worked there. For two months. That was long enough. Good education for me. They don't give a crap about those people. The saleman would be all sweet and pleasant to their face and then say the dirtiest things about them after they left. And the crap they have these clients do. Good grief. Money wasted. When I walk in the door and see these poor suckers at the desk with the salesman, thinking about signing that contract I want so bad to tell them not to do it. But I'd be thrown out in a second. "come into my parlor said the spider to the fly" That should be on a plaque above their desk.

just got back from the gym went there to do back but naturally all the machines were taken with people taking their sweet ass time so i did arms instead

still makes me feel good to hammer curl 85s while all the newbs around me were strugglin to incline press 45s tho

Today was Monday... which is already always the most crowded moment of the week anyway. But add to that the new year's folks and you could barely move between machines without hitting someone.

Well... aside from the squat rack, where not a single person came to bother me in about 20 minutes... lol... ;)

That being said, Alfreso wrote a great post. :)

The problem is lack of the respect coming from these new people. Just the same as anywhere you go in our daily life. People don't respect other people. Common courtsity isn't learned in the gym.
These people come into the Gym feeling like they paid for "their space". Being disrespectful. Plus, if, you try to help them, more than half the time they look at you like your insulting them.

I wish I lived in a perfect world. :rolleyes: Naah, that would be boring...:D

Yep, what you all say. But my gym has these open houses about5 times a year where anyone can come. It starts to get old after a while of overcrowding with the people that don't know anything about gym/training etiquette. I just adjust my training times and keep moving.

i just try n go early am now, i get the hot soccer moms tryn to pick my brain alot tho, it doesnt make me mad but it does annoy me, because i know theyr going to go eat wendys when theyr done
not that i dont, but ya know lol
frk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner