over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wellbutrin?

ericraven2003

Registered
Okay. I am going to try this for a little while. I am having trouble getting past the split with my wife. I feel weak for trying this but I have to try something.
I tried Lexapro and Celexia but they both made me sick as dog. Well seems to work a different pathway, so I will start some tomorrow. Anyone had experience with it?

I'm still on it. 150 mg a day of the sustained release. It's good but it may make you a little anxious. Be prepared for that as you adjust to it.

As for lexapro I think it's a very solid drug and I think people get put on way too high of a dose. 2.5mg is all it takes to get a benefit from it, and without any of the side effects most people experience. Most people end up on 10 or 20 mg of the stuff and that just sucks.

I would probably recommend an SSRI in your situation, but if you have wellbutrin, give it a go. Another classic that is often overlooked is St. John's Wort. There is a specific extract, Kira, that is very effective at calming AND uplifting the mood.

Tianeptine is another favorite of mine that works through different mechanisms but still brings about the desired result, which is reduced stress and an increase in neurogenesis in the hippocampus, leading to denser Dopamine signalling.

I would try Kira if I were you, before trying Wellbutrin. But if you have it on hand, give it a go and then if you don't like it, switch to Kira. I think you'll be very happy.

Selank would be a very good choice in this situation as well.

And don't look at this as weakness. It's taking advantage of the way our brains work to bring about a swift kick in the pants. Your brain has been stressed for a long time due to your troubles and that stress not only breaks down muscle tissue, it breaks down the brain's connections to pathways of happiness. In other words, a healthy human with a healthy stress system has access to parts of their brain where happiness can be a choice of emotion. For you, those wires have been frayed by the stress. Taking an antidepressant (the right kind and at the right dosage) will help those wires mend themselves so you can access that state of consciousness again.

Think of it as PCT for the heart.

Welbutrin is a tricky drug. It made me homicidal/suicidal within a week. Had to stop right away. Also my best friend is a high level chemist who used to work for the company that held the original patent to Welbutrin. He said they got horror stories from most of their users. For some though it works wonders. Like any other psychotropic its a crap shoot and one drug may work wonders on one person and horribly on someone else.

There r horror stories for all ssri/snri.
If u need it bro give it a try. I am on zoloft 50mg a day, was at 100 for a while. While I was adjusting to it I got a quite upset stomach for a while and super anxious later for like 10 days.
Sucky ass sides to have but was better than the depression I was going through previous months.
This is my second time on zoloft. I was on 100mg a day for about 9 months a few years ago and had to go back on starting like 5 months ago

Thanks for the responses. I wanted to try well for its somewhat stimulatory effect with the anti depressant effect. I have been on add meds, and since this one can help with that. I figured give it a try since i will have to cut out the add med.

I have been on 300mg sustained release for about a year(started on 150mg),I have nothing but good things to say about it,a little anxiety to begin with but after that it has helped me a lot. My mother is dying a slow miserable death and it along with starting a new business was taking it's toll on me,just be aware of the sides and give it a try.

I have been on 300mg sustained release for about a year(started on 150mg),I have nothing but good things to say about it,a little anxiety to begin with but after that it has helped me a lot. My mother is dying a slow miserable death and it along with starting a new business was taking it's toll on me,just be aware of the sides and give it a try.

Sorry to hear that, Bro. My thoughts and well-wishes are with you and your Ma. And glad you've found something to ameliorate the pain somewhat...

My ex was on it. Made her gain a lot of weight. She was 135lbs starting it and ended up 180lbs @ 5'0" tall.

Been on it for years. Originally on it for depression and then eventually got off. Have AADD and they put me back on it.

On 150xl/day. Stuff is a miracle drug for me. Doc increased me to 300xl as I felt after a few years it was wearing off. I got major anxiety at that dose. I felt like a chained pitbull at all times. Back to 150 and things are good.

Funny about the weight gain one poster mentioned. I was told that weight gain and sexual sides did not exist with this drug. One reason I like it.

It does give you a 'speedy' feel so If you do not like that it may not be for you.

Most women want to be on it because of weight loss that is known for,and it does increase libido in most people.

First day. 100mg twice a day. No issues at all. It did give me a bit of energy. Big thing is that it I didnt feel sick. Yaaaa.

I've been on them all....ok, alot of them. Zoloft, Prozac, Celexa, Lexapro, Provigil (off label), Topamax, Effexor, Gabapentin (mood stabilizer), Wellbutrin (Buproprion), Cymbalta.

Everybody is different, but the best combo by far for me has been Cymbalta and Wellbutrin. I've been on extremely high doses and felt like a zombie....lowest dose possible is best provided it's working. Cymbalta 30mg/day and Wellbutrin XL 150mg. It's a good combo. Cymbalta is Effexor's weaker cousin and it's a dual reuptake inhibitor acting on norepinephrine and serotonin. Wellbutrin acts on dopamine....so I have all of my neurotransmitters in check.

My ex was on it. Made her gain a lot of weight. She was 135lbs starting it and ended up 180lbs @ 5'0" tall.

Thats very strange because its very common for people to lose weight on wellbutrin. Also I think it should be stated that Wellbutrin is not a SSRI. SSRI's are notorious for causing weight gain and decreasing libido, Wellbutrin commonly does the exact opposite of those.

I've tried it for a short period and I can say that when you find the right dosage, take it everyday, and very importantly, give it time, it can do wonders for depression, energy, and motivation.

I've had depression problems for over half of my life and have taken Wellbutrin in the past many years ago. In fact I'm pretty sure I still have an abundance of it in the medicine cabinet. I can't remember how effective it was for me but I believe they had me taking Anafrinil at the same time which made me so tired I could barely function.

Now I take 40mg of Lexapro ED and rarely get spouts of mild depression.

Depends on your personal chemistry

Whether Wellbutrin is a good idea for you depends on your personal brain chemistry, metabolism and general "mood situation".

After trying Paxil and Celexa (prescribed by prior doctors I don't see anymore), I realized quickly that SSRIs were not the answer for me, so I advocated for myself and did a bunch of research, and found a new doctor (a DO, I boycott MDs now whenever possible).

This is my experience, no guarantee it will help you: I've been taking Wellbutrin XL at 150mg daily for about 4 years now. Never a problem, and it has helped me deal with "Seasonal Affective Disorder" as I live in a place where the days are quite short half the year.

My wife on the other hand: She tried Wellbutrin SR 75mg and it make her very anxious and not at all happy, so she stopped right away.

The best part of the above, we both have the same doctor, and he's very good at taking time to know us, make a good assessment, and admits when he is mistaken, not just a simple 2-minute prescriber.

My best wishes to those of you still trying to find what will help you the best. It's not a fun journey.

Thanks for the responses. I wanted to try well for its somewhat stimulatory effect with the anti depressant effect. I have been on add meds, and since this one can help with that. I figured give it a try since i will have to cut out the add med.

I use protriptalin it is also a SNRI like wellbutrin. this one works for me where as wellbutrin does no. It has a large stimlatory response.

I'm honestly against any drug that deals with your own brain chemicals, however, some "maybe" needed. Wellbutrin will make you more alert, active and your moods will improved in regards to any other drugs such as Zoloft, Lexapro, etc etc I can't comment on them all I know from experiencing one of my best friends always committing suicide meanwhile on these so called SSRI, SNRI drugs. He gained almost 400lbs and counting while on Zoloft sex drive none existent.

It is my heartfelt believe that theirs nothin that your own body can't handle, you have the ability and fortitude to fight through whatever YOU are going through you have to become
Strong minded, get active w friends and family and face your problems head on. Also, physical fitness play a VERY important role in your brain chemicals proven scientifically!

Working in public service myself I see countless patients on ALL kinds of "psych" drugs and trust me thats NOT a pretty picture. Your family, friends, outside influences, ALL play an important factor in your happiness, personal happiness that is.

To depend on a medication to combat some personal problems, depression, or to try to make you happy than brother I'm sorry to tell you that no medication or happy pill will assist you. Counseling, better copping skills, problem solving, pro's/cons, group discussions, etc can ALL assist you so give those areas a solid try. One thing the pisses me off is to see so many unhappy people in America, honestly Americans haven't experience poverty like some 3rd world countries experience, hunger, death, no equal rights, tyranny, no food or barely any food or housing, no health insurance, medical, dental, no heat, water, electricity, or home. If you really experience that than you will realize that your problem are NOTHING compared to others.

Just remember that no matter how bad you have it, others have it extremely worst than you do. Hope you get the proper help that you need and I wish you a speedy self recovery. Spirituality may also help as well. Not a religion or faith...

Did anyone get gyno from Wellbutrin? I have been on it for about 2 weeks and my right nip is flaring up a little. Haven't had this issue prior to starting it.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear