advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WERE you self-conscious when you first started working out???

I've felt like a pipsqueak for a long time, and still kind of do. It used to kind of bug me, though, but I didn't really dwell on it. I was just happy not to be overweight. I remember being 6'2'' and 145, then 165, then 185, and now 205 and I feel pretty much the same. I wasn't fat as a kid, but was a little pudgy, and then ran and biked my ass off and became "the ultimate skinny guy." The guy above mentioned body dysmorphic disorder, which I think is a real condition. I think that I always felt smaller or fatter than the rest of the people in the gym, and that feeling still comes back to haunt me... because I look in the mirror, and see a skinny guy. Then I look around and see all the guys with no sleeves, big arms and bodies and stuff, and feel like I've got a long ways to go... then I outlift the shit out of them and tell my feelings of size to stuff it.

I've felt like a pipsqueak for a long time, and still kind of do. It used to kind of bug me, though, but I didn't really dwell on it. I was just happy not to be overweight. I remember being 6'2'' and 145, then 165, then 185, and now 205 and I feel pretty much the same. I wasn't fat as a kid, but was a little pudgy, and then ran and biked my ass off and became "the ultimate skinny guy." The guy above mentioned body dysmorphic disorder, which I think is a real condition. I think that I always felt smaller or fatter than the rest of the people in the gym, and that feeling still comes back to haunt me... because I look in the mirror, and see a skinny guy. Then I look around and see all the guys with no sleeves, big arms and bodies and stuff, and feel like I've got a long ways to go... then I outlift the shit out of them and tell my feelings of size to stuff it.

i have similar feelings to what you described in that i still see a small guy when i look at myself in the mirror, but when i see pics and stuff of myself i appear much larger than i think i am. its kinda weird.

Was you self-conscious when you first started working out???
Well no... but I know my 4th grade English teacher would rip you a new ass hole if she read this thread title...LOL
Where not Was....LOL

I was right there with ya when I first started at my gym. If it wasn't for the fact that I had a crotch rocket like the other big boys at my gym I highly doubt I would've continued to lift. Once I became friends with them I always had a training partner and answers to my questions. Don't forget that these "BIG GUYS," were once right where you are. Yes, some take for granted and forget that they didnt know everything the minute they walked in, but for the most part they do remember and will gladly answer questions as long as it's not interrupting their workout too bad. We are all just gentle giants :)

I used to be 115 lbs at age 21 and 5' 7 inches. Girls would laugh at the idea of dating me. seriously depressing. then i got into weights and have put on 70 lbs since then. Life is good. Girls def notice it and since then i get lots of female attention. But its not even about the female attention i get anymore. I just love hitting the weights and do it for myself. Makes myself feel good regardless of anything else.

The guys who irritate me the most at the gym are the young high school musical Zac Efron Disney surfer boy wanna-be retards who chat more than lift weights and look in the mirror every 5 seconds and think how "really really good-looking" they are. Irritates the crap out of me. Wanna wrap that 45 lbs bar around their necks!!!! AAARGHH!

Well no... but I know my 4th grade English teacher would rip you a new ass hole if she read this thread title...LOL
Where not Was....LOL

LOL. Your third grade Spelling teacher would probably rip you a new asshole too.

Were not where.

:)

***Dammit, UglyDuck beat me to it. LOL. Guess I get a new hole for not paying attention in class again. LOL.***

Last edited:
I've never really had anyone say anything to me or give me a look that didn't suit me when I first picked up some iron. I think as long as you carry yourself as confident yet competent, and work out with intensity and aggression people will respect you. However if someone does not suit you then by all means do somethin to them.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131