over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Western Michigan

Shelby-
Congrats! you are looking much better as a L.H than a welter. You lost too much fullness going down to welters but you had to see what you could do and how it looked. And after all, you did win the overall so it wasnt a bad experiment. Youve had a long hard competitive year and only one more to go. Will you drop to Middles for NAts or will you go as a L.H? either way, my hats off to you for all your hard work and dedication. AWESOME JOB!

Thanks buddy. Watching you get ready for (and kick ass at) the Masters Nationals was very motivating for me this year :)

I'll be a LHW at Nationals.

My lower back needs to be tighter, as well as my upper quads. I've got 3.5 weeks to fix these things.

I plan on being tighter AND fuller at Nationals.

I might not get a call-out, but it will be my best showing to date.

Thats all that really matters. I know people say that knowing they want to win. If you didn't want to win (at the national level) then your head isn't in it 100%. That's my opinion though. With that being said.....I'd be willing to bet you do get a much better call out than you expected. I'd be shocked if you didn't and thats the honest truth.

I saw a thread on another board where someone quietly bashed you for doing show after show this year saying it wasn't doing you any good and that you can't improve that way. Well......I see things a bit differently and this is coming from someone who hasn't stepped foot on a national stage. I do, however, understand the importance of being noticed on the national level and once you have done that your chances of getting good call outs go WAY up. You placed top three at a national level show, won an overall, and continue to keep the ball rolling so to speak. If I were trying to do my best on a national level stage, that's exactly what I would do. You have the momentum and some good placings so why the heck not run full speed ahead with this? That's the way I see it. Not to mention it adds great credibility to your craft which is nutrition and getting people stage ready. Now I know that this can be argued a 1000 times over but if I was forking over hard earned dollars to someone for contest prep, you better believe I'd want proof they did their homework. It's a smart move what your doing...in my opinion at least.

So I guess this long ass diatribe serves as a "Thank You" for all the hard work you have been doing. A good work ethic is hard to find. It just is. To diet that long and continue to show up dry and hard is impressive then you add in the fact that has been going on for months, not 14 weeks makes it even more impressive. I think if anyone wanted something to use a motivational tool for school, work, or personal goals in life, they can look at anyone's journey while dieting. I enjoy that more than anything because it really gives you a good look at what your made of. This sport isn't easy but the end result as is anything you work your ass off to get, is more satisfying than most can comprehend.

Thats all that really matters. I know people say that knowing they want to win. If you didn't want to win (at the national level) then your head isn't in it 100%. That's my opinion though. With that being said.....I'd be willing to bet you do get a much better call out than you expected. I'd be shocked if you didn't and thats the honest truth.

I saw a thread on another board where someone quietly bashed you for doing show after show this year saying it wasn't doing you any good and that you can't improve that way. Well......I see things a bit differently and this is coming from someone who hasn't stepped foot on a national stage. I do, however, understand the importance of being noticed on the national level and once you have done that your chances of getting good call outs go WAY up. You placed top three at a national level show, won an overall, and continue to keep the ball rolling so to speak. If I were trying to do my best on a national level stage, that's exactly what I would do. You have the momentum and some good placings so why the heck not run full speed ahead with this? That's the way I see it. Not to mention it adds great credibility to your craft which is nutrition and getting people stage ready. Now I know that this can be argued a 1000 times over but if I was forking over hard earned dollars to someone for contest prep, you better believe I'd want proof they did their homework. It's a smart move what your doing...in my opinion at least.

So I guess this long ass diatribe serves as a "Thank You" for all the hard work you have been doing. A good work ethic is hard to find. It just is. To diet that long and continue to show up dry and hard is impressive then you add in the fact that has been going on for months, not 14 weeks makes it even more impressive. I think if anyone wanted something to use a motivational tool for school, work, or personal goals in life, they can look at anyone's journey while dieting. I enjoy that more than anything because it really gives you a good look at what your made of. This sport isn't easy but the end result as is anything you work your ass off to get, is more satisfying than most can comprehend.

Thank you my friend. This has honestly been one of the best years of my life, and also the year I worked the hardest. Not a coincidence at all.

I have also learned a TON this year. Stuff that not only helps me, but also helps my clients.

I'm very grateful to be in the position that I am.

Some shots of me next to the LHW and overall winner, if anyone is interested :)

Attachments

• Picture%20516.jpg
    Picture%20516.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 65

Attachments

• Picture%20531.jpg
    Picture%20531.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 72

Attachments

• Picture%20532.jpg
    Picture%20532.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 71

Attachments

• Picture%20498.jpg
    Picture%20498.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 64

Attachments

• Picture%20492.jpg
    Picture%20492.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 68

Attachments

• Picture%20494.jpg
    Picture%20494.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 62
Very close, Shelby. You stacked up well. Thought he was slightly better from the front, size and quad wise. But you looked sharper and more detailed from the back.

Good momentum going into Nationals. Good luck, bro.

Thanks guys. He was bigger than me (probably about 10 pounds) and also flexed his quads better than I did.

His final score was 8 (1,1,2,2,2) and mine was 9 (1,1,2,2,3) so it was pretty close.

correct me of I am wrong but I think you have more definition than the winner.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws