advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What’s the longest you have kept a car that you bought brand new?

TheAnabolicFreak

Registered

I’m going on a little over 4 years on my 2018 z06 Vette. Unless it gets totaled or stolen I plan on keeping it at least until it’s 10 years old.​

I have a 2007 dodge charger RT that has about 219,000 miles on it that I still give hell and drive like a Nascar racer..LOL
My wife uses it as a work car.

Bought a 2008 Dodge Charger R/T new. Had it for 12 years. Leaking sunroof caused a mold issue. The idiots that cleaned/fixed the car caused electrical issues and the car was never the same. Had to get rid of it and bought a 2017 Mercedes GLS 450. Also have a 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia which I’ve had for 4 years now.

I have a 2010 Silverado Z71 I bought new.
It's a project vehicle now (sleeper hot rod type thing) , on its second motor and 3rd transmission.
It's the only new vehicle I've kept past the warranty and that's only because I started putting money into it at 100k miles

I have a 2010 Silverado Z71 I bought new.
It's a project vehicle now (sleeper hot rod type thing) , on its second motor and 3rd transmission.
It's the only new vehicle I've kept past the warranty and that's only because I started putting money into it at 100k miles

Haha I get it. I have a 2012 ram bighorn 4x4 and I’m slowly acquiring parts to drop a 6.4L hemi in it.

I think you have to Have some redneck in you to want a truck that runs 12s in the 1/4 mile

The day before the warranty expires. Not a car guy don't know any mechanics well so not trying to get stuck with a bill. Kias and Hyundai's have decent warranty and resale value, good on gas

2013 Porsche 911 4S Cabriolet. I plan on keeping it for 2 more years, then buy a new Porsche 911 Turbo S

2013 Porsche 911 4S Cabriolet. I plan on keeping it for 2 more years, then buy a new Porsche 911 Turbo S
I own a 2007 911 turbo that I bought used in 2014. So had that 8 years now. Plan on keeping that forever.

Another car we have is a 2010 Volvo XC60 that we bought new. So we have had that 12 years.

Dang, a new Turbo S. Youre looking at over $200k there. Nice car.

Haha I get it. I have a 2012 ram bighorn 4x4 and I’m slowly acquiring parts to drop a 6.4L hemi in it.

I think you have to Have some redneck in you to want a truck that runs 12s in the 1/4 mile

Well growing up in south Mississippi does that to ya and running a machine shop helps.
I haven't had it at the track yet but it's not far off 12's I'd guess , it's putting 511hp to the wheels on the motor (416ci) My buddies stock trackhawk is faster but not shockingly so and he is in the low 11's
The 6.4 hemi motor are a great base to build a TON of power

Well growing up in south Mississippi does that to ya and running a machine shop helps.
I haven't had it at the track yet but it's not far off 12's I'd guess , it's putting 511hp to the wheels on the motor (416ci) My buddies stock trackhawk is faster but not shockingly so and he is in the low 11's
The 6.4 hemi motor are a great base to build a TON of power
Its sad that now many trucks come with a 6 cylinder or even just a 4 cylinder. In the future they will be all elecrtic. The automobiles we love will become dinosaurs. I worry someday we wont hardly even be able to find gas to drive them.

Its sad that now many trucks come with a 6 cylinder or even just a 4 cylinder. In the future they will be all elecrtic. The automobiles we love will become dinosaurs. I worry someday we wont hardly even be able to find gas to drive them.
You are right , But some of the smaller motor are coming in with impressive numbers
When Ford put the twin turbo V6 in the F-150 I wanted to gag and I figured they would be a short lived affair but my father in law has a 2012 Ecoboost with 219+ thousand miles , all stock.!!
I'm pretty impressed but it doesn't pull trailers like it has the torque it's listed as , my son has the same truck but with a 5.0 and it tows better.

I still have my 2004 cobra.

Kenne belle
Long tubes
Comp canes custom grind
Little over 750hp
…..15,000 miles total…

Also have my 2007 lbz duramax with upgraded everything lifted with 35’s

I would gladly give up the cobra before the truck

I wouldn’t keep a modern car outside of its warranty, they’re just rolling computers filled with unfixable fatal design flaws…

Modern as in made in the last 10 years give or take, but some of the more “sophisticated” models have been like that since the early 2000’s…..

I don't even remember when I bought a new car, but bought new Harley Davidsons. I bought a 1995 Ford 150 in 2005 for $7000 and kept for 15 years up to the time I moved out of country.

We do tend to buy cars new, pay them off in 1-3 years, and keep for 9-10 years. I'm getting ready to buy a new one and my cadillac is a '13 so we are closing in on the 10 year mark.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws