over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What 220lbs. At 6% Looks Like According To Dexa

Correct.

I peaked last year at 259lbs. on Labor Day so here's a what I ate in a day in August, close to my peak:
  • Breakfast
    • Omegalyze
    • 1.5 scoops Fiberlyze
    • 3 scoops True Nutrition custom protein mix
  • Lunch (eaten as 2 meals spaced 3 hours apart)
    • 3 cups Uncle Ben's Spanish Ready Rice
    • 8oz. Bob Evans garlic mashed potatoes
    • 1oz. organic roasted cashews w/ sea salt
    • 14oz. 98% ground beef
    • 6oz. skirt steak
    • 3oz. bison strip loin
  • Postworkout shake
    • 1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Hydrowhey
  • Postworkout meal
    • Omegalyze
    • 1.5 scoops Fiberlyze
    • 4 scoops True Nutrition custom protein mix
    • 1-2 pints Enlightened ice cream OR 1-2 cups oatmeal
    • Maybe a big chocolate chip cookie depending on what I trained and how I'm looking

Whats your true nutrition custom blend?

You look amazing brother great work

I think it would've been neat if you had done a dexa right before you began your cut, do you have any pics right before you started the diet? How old are you by the way Daniel?

What gear were you taking before the cutting phase began, basically during the off season when you were focused on acquiring mass.

Also want to thank you for answering the questions in here and teaching us your ways / knowledge.

Whats your true nutrition custom blend?

You look amazing brother great work

Protein:
  • 35% micellar casein
  • 30% grass-fed whey protein concentrate
  • 20% grass-fed beef protein isolate
  • 15% rBGH / soy-free whey protein isolate
Boosts:
  • Multi-vitamin and mineral
  • Protein enzyme
  • Carb enzyme
  • Probiotic

I think it would've been neat if you had done a dexa right before you began your cut, do you have any pics right before you started the diet? How old are you by the way Daniel?

What gear were you taking before the cutting phase began, basically during the off season when you were focused on acquiring mass.

Also want to thank you for answering the questions in here and teaching us your ways / knowledge.

Offseason - https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...ks-like-according-to-dexa.165203/post-2850338

Below is March 6, 250lbs., not doing cardio, not dieting.

me030620.jpg

I plan to follow what I did last year since it worked so well.

For the next 3-4 weeks, I'm going to stay 0 carbs Monday - Friday with weekend carb ups, but increasing my protein a bit and adding in healthy fats. Slowly bring the calories up while letting my body readjust to real gym workouts with heavy weight.

I'm going to keep some cardio in play for now but probably nothing more than 20 minutes.

After 3-4 weeks, I'll add carbs back in during the week and up calories substantially to start my rebound.

Goal is 275lbs. this year. Last year I went from 202lbs. at my Dexa to 259lbs. at my peak, so 275lbs. should be easily doable. Part of my wants to push for even longer, possibly skipping dieting down next year, and push to get close to 300lbs. We'll see.

Might do a show depending on what's scheduled in my area. It'd be nice to have 2-3 months to rebound, stay under 9%, then diet back down into a show at the end of the year.
shit, im workng out in park.. following sim shit. very impressive .. Thank you makes me up the ante I appreciate it brother

Im glad you posted this, with you taking in so few calories. I figured someone your size would need more. Im 6 foot and about 240 lbs now but have more bodyfat than when you started in the photo above. Now I know I can most probably lower my calories a lot more without losing muscle.

Very impressive man. Congrats on the hard work.

You look great at 250 dude. Still lean. I pushed my body up to 290 to hold it for about 10 months this past year...just to get used to the new muscle mass. I honestly think that's the best way. If you're goal is to push up to 260-275...just sit there and maintain for awhile, cruise at that weight and keep cals high.

Question for you about your M-F carbless approach, how were your weight fluctuations during the weekend? I'm sure you shot up 6-10lbs but how quick did it fall off? When i go lower carb...I'm having about 30 on off days and 200 on WO days....any carb up, my body morphs. I mean, i end up loving the look...full as hell and vascular....but my weight shoots up 9lbs easy. Takes around 3 days to get back down. How was it for you? And was there a limit to your weekend feasts? My first contest prep was doing my own mini Skiploading principle and I enjoyed it, but its always finding that RIGHT amount of carbs where you aren't stuffing yourself. Definitely some self-control which it seems you have.

Below is March 6, 250lbs., not doing cardio, not dieting.

Im glad you posted this, with you taking in so few calories. I figured someone your size would need more. Im 6 foot and about 240 lbs now but have more bodyfat than when you started in the photo above. Now I know I can most probably lower my calories a lot more without losing muscle.

I think it's highly individual, but in general, I think guys tend to be too paranoid about temporarily dropping low in calories. And let's be real, the majority of people on here are not only eating more than enough protein, but they're on more than enough gear to preserve muscle, as well. Plenty of protein, ample drugs... With proper refeeds and adjustment to training volume and recovery time, how much muscle do guys really think they're going to lose?

Again, though, there's a very individual genetic component to this, as well. Even when I was natural, I could dip very low in calories and not really worry about losing muscle. Guys will have to figure out how their own bodies respond.

I always feel so bad when I try to do no carbs - any advice?

You look great at 250 dude. Still lean. I pushed my body up to 290 to hold it for about 10 months this past year...just to get used to the new muscle mass. I honestly think that's the best way. If you're goal is to push up to 260-275...just sit there and maintain for awhile, cruise at that weight and keep cals high.

Question for you about your M-F carbless approach, how were your weight fluctuations during the weekend? I'm sure you shot up 6-10lbs but how quick did it fall off? When i go lower carb...I'm having about 30 on off days and 200 on WO days....any carb up, my body morphs. I mean, i end up loving the look...full as hell and vascular....but my weight shoots up 9lbs easy. Takes around 3 days to get back down. How was it for you? And was there a limit to your weekend feasts? My first contest prep was doing my own mini Skiploading principle and I enjoyed it, but its always finding that RIGHT amount of carbs where you aren't stuffing yourself. Definitely some self-control which it seems you have.

Here are some recent fluctuations from Friday morning (fully depleted) to Monday morning (fully loaded):
  • May 15 - 18 = 215.6 to 228.8
  • May 8 - 11 = 219 to 231
  • May 1 - 4 = 222 to 237
10lbs. over the weekend is normal for me. By mid-day Wednesday it's usually all off.

The last few weekends I've experimented with taking 25mg Lasix before bed to manage water from all the carbs. It's worked well.

I don't have strict rules for what I eat on the weekends, I just follow general things that have worked over the years. Here's my approach.

Saturday:
  • Breakfast
    • My girlfriend cooks or we go out
    • Usually steak and eggs or omelette with breakfast potatoes, maybe pancakes or French toast
  • Postworkout
    • Whatever we're craving - 90% of the time it's sushi, fried rice, Asian, or Mexican
  • Evening
    • 2-3 bowls of Nick's or Enlightened ice cream w/ Fiberlyze and True Nutrition custom protein mix, sometimes throw in Kodiak Cakes mix for more carbs
    • Some candy like M&Ms, Reese's peanut butter cup, etc.
    • Cookie dough (usually on the healthier side like Smart Choice Protein or Lion's Pack), chocolate chip cookies, whatever I'm craving
Sunday:
  • Depending on how stuffed I am from Saturday my first meal may not be until after 12PM
  • Sometimes train fasted, sometimes not
  • Usually end up doing 1-2 whole food meals (same as Satuday, breakfast foods, Asian, etc.)f
  • End the night with ice cream / protein powder / whatever
Over time I've learned what carbs work best for me, what digest well and doesn't bloat, and how much I can take in without being miserable. I never aim for a certain amount, the system I have in place just gets me where I need to be.

Self-control is definitely a factor - I've dieted this way for a few years so it's nothing to me, but I can see it being challenging for others. For me, the mental relief of knowing I get 2 days to eat whatever makes it very easy to stay on track all week.

Here are some recent fluctuations from Friday morning (fully depleted) to Monday morning (fully loaded):
  • May 15 - 18 = 215.6 to 228.8
  • May 8 - 11 = 219 to 231
  • May 1 - 4 = 222 to 237
10lbs. over the weekend is normal for me. By mid-day Wednesday it's usually all off.

The last few weekends I've experimented with taking 25mg Lasix before bed to manage water from all the carbs. It's worked well.

I don't have strict rules for what I eat on the weekends, I just follow general things that have worked over the years. Here's my approach.

Saturday:
  • Breakfast
    • My girlfriend cooks or we go out
    • Usually steak and eggs or omelette with breakfast potatoes, maybe pancakes or French toast
  • Postworkout
    • Whatever we're craving - 90% of the time it's sushi, fried rice, Asian, or Mexican
  • Evening
    • 2-3 bowls of Nick's or Enlightened ice cream w/ Fiberlyze and True Nutrition custom protein mix, sometimes throw in Kodiak Cakes mix for more carbs
    • Some candy like M&Ms, Reese's peanut butter cup, etc.
    • Cookie dough (usually on the healthier side like Smart Choice Protein or Lion's Pack), chocolate chip cookies, whatever I'm craving
Sunday:
  • Depending on how stuffed I am from Saturday my first meal may not be until after 12PM
  • Sometimes train fasted, sometimes not
  • Usually end up doing 1-2 whole food meals (same as Satuday, breakfast foods, Asian, etc.)f
  • End the night with ice cream / protein powder / whatever
Over time I've learned what carbs work best for me, what digest well and doesn't bloat, and how much I can take in without being miserable. I never aim for a certain amount, the system I have in place just gets me where I need to be.

Self-control is definitely a factor - I've dieted this way for a few years so it's nothing to me, but I can see it being challenging for others. For me, the mental relief of knowing I get 2 days to eat whatever makes it very easy to stay on track all week.
Lion's pack any good?

I always feel so bad when I try to do no carbs - any advice?

A lot of people feel bad the first few days of no carbs as their body shifts to burning fats for fuel. If you can get past that initial period, you should be fine. Make sure you have plenty of protein and enough fats to support your energy needs. Realize that your pumps in the gym won't be as good, you won't be as full all the time, but know those things aren't the goal when you eat no carbs - it's about fat loss, and it's one of the most efficient ways to do it.

A lot of people feel bad the first few days of no carbs as their body shifts to burning fats for fuel. If you can get past that initial period, you should be fine. Make sure you have plenty of protein and enough fats to support your energy needs. Realize that your pumps in the gym won't be as good, you won't be as full all the time, but know those things aren't the goal when you eat no carbs - it's about fat loss, and it's one of the most efficient ways to do it.
Its a bit like doing a 48 hour fast. The first 24 hours is harder, and then the 2nd day you feel like you could do another 2 days or more. Usually I feel like I'm force feeding the first meal when done with the fast.

I hear ya about the 48hr fast like diet. I've been writing diets for 20 years. My ex-wife was NPC national champion and I'm sure you know how much stricter the female diet has to be. When we were carb depleting fellow athletes were like no way you are that low! Sorry man that's what it takes! Congrats on a great plan!!

You respond well to insulin because you have control over your diet
You respond better to volumization style workout (bowflex) over slag lifting (heavy tension) as you applied more stimulus with less system/local stress, goes into your theory about the long limbs
The success you had is 100% for a reason.

I got appreciation for anyone who can will their way through things. We HAVE to bring that back up though bruh

Bro youve got an incredible quad sweep. What a fuggin beefcake!

I think this is more common than most realize and guys like Juan Morel are the exception, not the rule.

I know MyTreeFiddy has said he gets down around 1,200; Mark Dudgale has said he goes down to 1,800; etc. Nobody except the true genetic freaks are getting shredded on 3,000 calories a day.
First of all Daniel you look fantastic! Props to you!

Now this is not me trying to hijack your thread, or be one of those hey look at me, but I was in similar condition last year (you have more muscle than me) and the lowest I went on calories was just below 3000, maybe 2800 calories. And I am far from a genetic freak.

What I think helped me, is that for a few months prior I was eating 5000+ calories and near the end almost 6000. And this meal planned calories, chicken, beef, fish, rice etc; tracked, not the 18 year old bs "I eat tons man". The sad part is that I barely broke 265lbs and was stuck, but I just couldn't eat anymore. So no genetic freak.

Now we can automatically assume, that it's the ectomorph genetics. But I think that it's more the fact, that I had set my maintenance calories to almost 6000 calories a day. So when I lowered to 4500, it was a 1500 calorie a day drop. Near the end at 2800 calories, I was eating at 3000 below of what my maintenance used to be.

Now I have dieted before at below 2000 calories, and just ended up stringy looking. Had to drop that low because, my off season calories weren't high enough (and I was rushing for no reason, and I was stupid back then and all I cared was about the scale moving). Ended up looking like a string bean.

Still stringy these days, but much better ha ha. Anyways here is what the 2800 calorie diet got me looking like

VRI8rR1_d.webp

iM9cfMW_d.webp

Not sure what bodyfat I'm here, but I think I'm pretty close to you. And again not posting pics, for a look at me, just hate guys that post what might be ridiculous claims, and never provide pics to back it up.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear