over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What 230lbs. At 6% Looks Like According To Dexa

danieltx

Kilo Klub Member
Verified Customer
Just had my yearly end-of-diet Dexa scan - 229.4lbs. at 6.0% body fat, gained 10lbs. over last year and again came in at my leanest ever. This is totally depleted so with plenty of carbs / fats / fluids in me I should be around 236lbs. after filling up this weekend.

Looking at the body part breakdown, my gains were pretty proportionate - up a few lbs. in arms, legs, trunk, everywhere. They don't break down chest / back / shoulders but visually they seem to have come up the most and I finally feel my upper and lower are in good balance.

The redacted number is last summer's rebound - wanted to just show dieted down numbers for comparison.

dexa050721.jpg

Visceral Fat:
  • Was initially surprised to see this so high, but considering the insane amount of eating I did last year it makes sense
  • I plan to keep my offseason foods a little cleaner this year to see if I can bring it down
Bone Mineral Content:
  • I'm over 3 standard deviations above the mean with almost 1lb. of BMC gained over 5 years
  • Nothing special to this except continuing to lift heavier each year
Body Fat:
  • I had new striations, definitions, and veins this year I'd never had before and I was expecting to come in at under 6%
  • But it makes sense that as muscle mass continues to grow, those things can be more visible at a similar or even higher body fat than before
I'm happy to do Q & A for y'all.

I've gained a lot from Pro Muscle over the years - I often spend Saturday nights eating my crazy cheat meals and reading old posts on all sorts of topics - and I enjoy giving back.

One topic I won’t discuss is dosages and that’s due to the attitudes of many members. If dosages are low, people say you’re lying. If they’re over TRT, the usual suspects start lecturing. It's sad that's the case on Professional Muscle, the most hardcore bodybuilding board on the web.

Going to drop a few pictures here and other body parts as attachments so y'all can see what 230lbs. at 6% looks like on me.

First thing this morning:
morning050721.jpg

gym042621.jpg

Plans For This Year:
  • Mass:
    • Grow to 300+lbs.
    • I've routinely gained 60lbs. from my Dexa scan weights so with that and pushing all areas harder than ever I fully expect to hit 300+lbs.
  • Strength:
    • 500lbs. for 1 on flat bench press
    • 550lbs. for 10 on Smith rack deadlift
    • 365lbs. for 6 on Smith military press
    • 810lbs. for 10 on Free Motion Hack squat
  • Diet:
    • Keep it a little bit cleaner while growing
    • Extremely high protein intake
      • Last year I peaked around 1.6g / lb.
      • This year going for 2+g / lb.
      • Still keeping carbs high at roughly 2.75g-3g / lb.
Dexa Scans From Past Diets:

Attachments

• sidetricep050621.jpg
    sidetricep050621.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 137
  • chestabs050321.jpg
    chestabs050321.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 143
  • back050421.jpg
    back050421.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 154
  • latspread050521.jpg
    latspread050521.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 154
  • tank050321.jpg
    tank050321.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 152
  • quadspostworkout050621.jpg
    quadspostworkout050621.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 130
  • hams050221.jpg
    hams050221.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 168
  • glutes05021.jpg
    glutes05021.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 166
You’ve probably answered these a thousand times already so apologies for making you repeat yourself, but:

How old are you?

How fat (or not) do you let yourself get off season?

You’ve probably answered these a thousand times already so apologies for making you repeat yourself, but:

How old are you?

How fat (or not) do you let yourself get off season?

Never done a Dexa at peak of offseason but the pic on the left is February 28, the day before I started dieting. Right pic is from this morning. This is probably the fattest I've been offseason but it was essential to hitting a new high body weight and continuing to add size.

2021diet-start-end050721.jpg

I don't know if you just answered this question, but does your body weight always skyrocket in the off season? Have you ever tried "clean" bulking, like 15-20 pounds more than your best condition weight?

You look great danieltx! I can see you are one that likes to out in the work and the physique shows. Your knowledge is appreciated here too. Keep up all the good work and continue to do what you're doing.

One of my favorite posters. I ALWAYS read this dude's threads. Attention to detail is ridiculous, and everything is easy as hell to read. Some unconventional approaches but just goes to show that they can work in the correct context

I don't know if you just answered this question, but does your body weight always skyrocket in the off season? Have you ever tried "clean" bulking, like 15-20 pounds more than your best condition weight?
You don't put on significant amounts of size "clean" bulking. Many pros do their offseason like that because they're essentially maxed out on muscle gains and have no need to keep pushing. I'm not there and intend to keep adding significant amounts of size.

Another reason is dieting is very, very easy for me - I did this in just under 10 weeks.

Awesome brother looks like a lot of hard work!

Do you have a picture at rest, as in not flexing?

Awesome brother looks like a lot of hard work!

Do you have a picture at rest, as in not flexing?
I don't have many because I have a physique that isn't particularly hard even when very lean, it needs a flex or a pump to come alive.

Left side is this morning with just an ab flex; right side is 2 day ago 100% relaxed. Picture really doesn't do it justice but I've never had my abdominals this visible when relaxed.

abflex050721.jpg

Lookin' great! I know that you're not an old man, but is it that important to hit 500 for a single? Think about trying for 405x8 which is still super-impressive and you're less likely for "setbacks" ;)

Lookin' great! I know that you're not an old man, but is it that important to hit 500 for a single? Think about trying for 405x8 which is still super-impressive and you're less likely for "setbacks" ;)
Thanks, and I get the concern.

I did 405 for 10-12 weekly this last offseason and was still benching 405 until switching to Hammer Strength 5-6 weeks ago.

I hit 455 for 3 and 465 for 1 last year so 500 for 1 is totally doable this year. It really is a pride thing though - being 6' with long arms, bench press was always my worst lift and I never imagined how far I'd come with it. And I want to see how far I can take it.

Most importantly, I do this because I have literally no aches and and pains - not in my wrists, shoulders, elbows, knees, nowhere. Never had anything more than a minor shoulder strain. I really listen to my body and take good care of it and it performs very well in return.

Thanks, and I get the concern.

I did 405 for 10-12 weekly this last offseason and was still benching 405 until switching to Hammer Strength 5-6 weeks ago.

I hit 455 for 3 and 465 for 1 last year so 500 for 1 is totally doable this year. It really is a pride thing though - being 6' with long arms, bench press was always my worst lift and I never imagined how far I'd come with it. And I want to see how far I can take it.

Most importantly, I do this because I have literally no aches and and pains - not in my wrists, shoulders, elbows, knees, nowhere. Never had anything more than a minor shoulder strain. I really listen to my body and take good care of it and it performs very well in return.
I know the 1RM calculators are just predictions using an average from several lifters, but the 405x10 (and certainly x12) per the calculator I used has you benching over 500x1. Regardless of your 1RM, that's STRONG!!! And to do it with long arms? Much respect.

Never done a Dexa at peak of offseason but the pic on the left is February 28, the day before I started dieting. Right pic is from this morning. This is probably the fattest I've been offseason but it was essential to hitting a new high body weight and continuing to add size.

2021diet-start-end050721.jpg
Thanks for that! Reason I ask about your age is I’m always interested in how long people want to keep pushing for size. That is to say, do you still intend to be blasting and bulking in your 40s? I’ve always had 40 in my mind as my cutoff for gear use but who knows how i’ll feel when I get there.

Bonus question: are you the biggest dude in your gym?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131