over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What 230lbs. At 6% Looks Like According To Dexa

Thanks for that! Reason I ask about your age is I’m always interested in how long people want to keep pushing for size. That is to say, do you still intend to be blasting and bulking in your 40s? I’ve always had 40 in my mind as my cutoff for gear use but who knows how i’ll feel when I get there.

Bonus question: are you the biggest dude in your gym?
I don't intend to still be going hard in my 40s - I look forward to one day being off the hamster wheel of cut / bulk / maintain / repeat. At 34 now I see probably another 4 years going all out before settling down to mostly maintenance for good.

I usually am the biggest guy in the gym but I don't train at any of the specialized places where most of the real bodybuilders are.

Reactions: RDS
I don't intend to still be going hard in my 40s - I look forward to one day being off the hamster wheel of cut / bulk / maintain / repeat. At 34 now I see probably another 4 years going all out before settling down to mostly maintenance for good.

I usually am the biggest guy in the gym but I don't train at any of the specialized places where most of the real bodybuilders are.

Let’s talk training!!! What’s your usual split. Working sets a week/day, intensity stuff, log book???

Let’s talk training!!! What’s your usual split. Working sets a week/day, intensity stuff, log book???
I do PPL with 2 workout for each:
  • Push A - upper chest / front delts / triceps
  • Push B - mid chest / medial delts / triceps
  • Pull A - back thickness / traps / biceps
  • Pull B - back width / rear delts / traps / biceps
  • Legs A - abductors / adductors / quads
  • Legs B - abductors / adductors / glutes / hams
I train calves every day and forearms at the end of back workouts. Currently training 6 days a week but as I start growing I'll cut that back and by peak of growing I'll likely be training only every other day.

Bigger body parts get around 6 working sets, smaller ones 3-4. Here's an example for chest:
  • Flat bench
    • 135 x 8 - warm up
    • 225 x 4 - warm up
    • 275 x 2 - warm up
    • 365 x 1 - warm up, add Slingshot
    • 405 x 12 - working
    • 435 x 8 - working
    • 315 x 15 - working
  • Cable crossovers
    • 3 sets - working
I log book everything, I've posted pictures of my collection here before. I have 20+ books going back many years.

Get more specific on what you want to know about intensity.

Sling shot ?

How long have you been "seriously" working out for? Also I know you don't want to mention the subject of AAS too much but I think we're able to keep in mature and judgement-free here, so what's the average bulking/gaining phase look like and how about when cutting down as far as AAS go, if you don't want to go into exact dosages eh that's fine but an idea would be nice.

Do you have any areas that are hard for you to lose fat? If so how do you combat it?. Do you just stick to your diet or have you used fat burners for assistance?
I know your diet is on point and I started trying a similar approach. I'm a bigger guy and I have always had a hard time getting into a lower body fat percentage. I love seeing other bigger guys getting into great fucking shape. Gives me hope I'll reach that point one day.
Looking forward to following your progress , keep up the good work.

In regards to GEAR, why do you give two fucks what other people on this board think, you have one of the top physiques on this board, if they don't look better than you then they can keep their mouths shut! And you should give two fucks what people in your rearview mirror say
^^^THATS MY ATTITUDE ^^^

Good thread this. Really interesting. Could you explain how you have dieted down so quickly and successfully, whats your approach?

Do you use the sling shot every bench day ?
Yes, on my heaviest 2-3 sets of whatever press I'm doing - Smith flat, Smith incline, Hammer Strength flat / flat wide, or Hammer Strength incline.

I also use it on Smith military press.

I credit using the Slingshot with having 0 aches and pains in my shoulders, elbows, and wrists, which in turn has let me keep moving heavier weights year after year.

Good thread this. Really interesting. Could you explain how you have dieted down so quickly and successfully, whats your approach?
Yeah I’m dry interested in how u diet down so quickly. Touch on that a little bit if u don’t mind

I've dieted down quicker every year and this was the fastest - Dexa scan was just under 10 weeks from starting and it likely would've been the same at 9 weeks. In years past I've eased into the diet by tapering carbs down but this year I went straight into it by taking carbs from whatever I was consuming to 0 the next day.

I've dieted the same way for years - 0 carbs Monday through Friday, eat pretty much whatever on the weekends. I truly enjoy eating just protein / fat and when I'm done being a huge bodybuilder some form of keto or CKD is how I'll eat for life. Also, knowing that I just have to make it to the weekend to get some normal food makes it very easy to stay on track - I never cheat or have weak moments during the week.

Weekday diet the last few weeks:
  • Breakfast:
    • 2 scoops True Nutrition custom protein mix
    • Omegalyze
  • Lunch:
    • 8oz. 98% ground beef
    • 7oz. chicken breast
  • Postworkout:
    • 1 scoop True Nutrition custom protein mix
  • ~11PM:
    • 5oz. 98% ground beef
    • 5oz. chicken breast
  • TOTALS – 1,144 calories / 222g protein / 0g carb / 20.5g fat
Fat loading:
  • Over the last 3 weeks I did fat loads 1-2x a week as needed, usually Wednesday and Friday
    • 3 - 16oz. nuts, usually cashews
    • Bowl of PB2, sunflower butter, protein powder, and sugar free chocolate syrup
    • Muscle gets depleted of fat just like glycogen so when you’re deep in a hard diet fat loads are needed
    • My typical signs for a fat load are being flatter than normal and having weight drop too fast, which always happens for me in the last 3-4 weeks of dieting
Weekends:
  • Saturday is:
    • Brunch at a restaurant – steak and eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, etc.
    • Dinner take out or at a restaurant – sushi, fried rice, Mexican, steakhouse, etc.
    • Dessert – ice cream, protein powder, cookies, whatever I’m craving
  • Sunday is:
    • Breakfast at home
    • Dinner at home, usually with leftovers from breakfast and dinner on Saturday
    • Dessert – same thing
Cardio:
  • I approach cardio like this - what takes LESS effort, performing cardio or not eating as many calories?
    • Obviously it's not eating as many calories
    • In a diet, whatever takes LESS EFFORT is what I want to do since my energy resources are so constrained
    • I think most guys could get away with less cardio if they didn't eat so much out of fear of losing muscle, being flat, being hungry, etc.
  • The most cardio I did this diet was 57 minutes in a day, and that was just because I was killing time while my girlfriend was making dinner
  • The most cardio I consistently did this diet was 45 minutes a day
  • I typically do a 30 minute walk first thing in the morning
    • I live in a gated community on a hillside and walk loops around it
    • With how it's situation on the hill, it ends up being about 20% incline, 20% decline, 60% flat
  • I then do the rest of my cardio on a Precor elliptical after lifting - never any resistance or incline
  • I don't track steps, calories burned, NEET, any of that stuff
    • I just track the minutes of cardio I'm doing and continue to increase them through the diet

I know you said you didn't want to talk about the PED side of things buy I'd really like to hear about it.. any fatburners? T3? Clen?

Wouldn't worry about what you use either way. If you need 5 grams so be it. If you only need 200mg who gives a fuck. Just interesting to know how everything comes together for you so well. If anyone wants to call you out, who cares? You look better than the vast majority of the board im sure.

I've dieted down quicker every year and this was the fastest - Dexa scan was just under 10 weeks from starting and it likely would've been the same at 9 weeks. In years past I've eased into the diet by tapering carbs down but this year I went straight into it by taking carbs from whatever I was consuming to 0 the next day.

I've dieted the same way for years - 0 carbs Monday through Friday, eat pretty much whatever on the weekends. I truly enjoy eating just protein / fat and when I'm done being a huge bodybuilder some form of keto or CKD is how I'll eat for life. Also, knowing that I just have to make it to the weekend to get some normal food makes it very easy to stay on track - I never cheat or have weak moments during the week.

Weekday diet the last few weeks:
  • Breakfast:
    • 2 scoops True Nutrition custom protein mix
    • Omegalyze
  • Lunch:
    • 8oz. 98% ground beef
    • 7oz. chicken breast
  • Postworkout:
    • 1 scoop True Nutrition custom protein mix
  • ~11PM:
    • 5oz. 98% ground beef
    • 5oz. chicken breast
  • TOTALS – 1,144 calories / 222g protein / 0g carb / 20.5g fat
Fat loading:
  • Over the last 3 weeks I did fat loads 1-2x a week as needed, usually Wednesday and Friday
    • 3 - 16oz. nuts, usually cashews
    • Bowl of PB2, sunflower butter, protein powder, and sugar free chocolate syrup
    • Muscle gets depleted of fat just like glycogen so when you’re deep in a hard diet fat loads are needed
    • My typical signs for a fat load are being flatter than normal and having weight drop too fast, which always happens for me in the last 3-4 weeks of dieting
Weekends:
  • Saturday is:
    • Brunch at a restaurant – steak and eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, etc.
    • Dinner take out or at a restaurant – sushi, fried rice, Mexican, steakhouse, etc.
    • Dessert – ice cream, protein powder, cookies, whatever I’m craving
  • Sunday is:
    • Breakfast at home
    • Dinner at home, usually with leftovers from breakfast and dinner on Saturday
    • Dessert – same thing
Cardio:
  • I approach cardio like this - what takes LESS effort, performing cardio or not eating as many calories?
    • Obviously it's not eating as many calories
    • In a diet, whatever takes LESS EFFORT is what I want to do since my energy resources are so constrained
    • I think most guys could get away with less cardio if they didn't eat so much out of fear of losing muscle, being flat, being hungry, etc.
  • The most cardio I did this diet was 57 minutes in a day, and that was just because I was killing time while my girlfriend was making dinner
  • The most cardio I consistently did this diet was 45 minutes a day
  • I typically do a 30 minute walk first thing in the morning
    • I live in a gated community on a hillside and walk loops around it
    • With how it's situation on the hill, it ends up being about 20% incline, 20% decline, 60% flat
  • I then do the rest of my cardio on a Precor elliptical after lifting - never any resistance or incline
  • I don't track steps, calories burned, NEET, any of that stuff
    • I just track the minutes of cardio I'm doing and continue to increase them through the diet

Gold, but about the cardio...

Worst thing about cardio on a diet is the more you do, the hungrier you're gonna get. Gotta decide which it is for you, what's more sustainable. For most, it's cutting a few more calories. A few extra minutes simply isn't gonna matter for many, anyway

Yes, on my heaviest 2-3 sets of whatever press I'm doing - Smith flat, Smith incline, Hammer Strength flat / flat wide, or Hammer Strength incline.

I also use it on Smith military press.

I credit using the Slingshot with having 0 aches and pains in my shoulders, elbows, and wrists, which in turn has let me keep moving heavier weights year after year.

what exactly does the sling shot do? I thought it was more of a power lifting thing. Thanks

2021diet-start-end050721.jpg

What was your weight it the "before" pic?

what exactly does the sling shot do? I thought it was more of a power lifting thing. Thanks
It does come from the powerlifting world. Think of it like knee wraps for the upper body - it's made of similar stretchy material so it can help getting out of the bottom. It also keeps the elbows fixed in place, key stability needed for big lifts.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131