over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What 230lbs. At 6% Looks Like According To Dexa

what exactly does the sling shot do? I thought it was more of a power lifting thing. Thanks
It works like reverse banding does. It reduces the weight at the bottom of the lift(due to the added stretch reflex of the sling shot) where the lift is the most dangerous and allows you to handle more weight than normal at the top of the movement where you’re strongest. Accommodating resistance

great job man!
i really enjoy your posts!
one of the few that really put up some good info like a few years ago.
much respect on your progress and work ethic!
anyone reading this who has done some work knows the doses whatever they may be dont mean shit! its all your work brotha! thats the biggest difference i see here!
thank you!

I don't intend to still be going hard in my 40s - I look forward to one day being off the hamster wheel of cut / bulk / maintain / repeat. At 34 now I see probably another 4 years going all out before settling down to mostly maintenance for good.

I usually am the biggest guy in the gym but I don't train at any of the specialized places where most of the real bodybuilders are.
Wait tilll you hit 40. I just turned 41 and feel like a 20 year old except for the odd injury. Honestly, 40 is young and I plan to push as hard as time allows until I’m either too injured or dead.

It's been 1 week since my Dexa scan and I am noticeably leaner, easily in the 5% range. My metabolism always gets out of control by about 7-8 weeks into dieting and no matter what I do the fat just melts off.

In years past I've pushed my diet harder for 2 weeks post-Dexa scan but I'm going to add carbs back in intraworkout and / or postworkout next week to get the rebound going. Training is going great - I've maintained my strength better than ever through this diet and even had small weight / rep increases the last few weeks - and I'm in prime position to make great gains with added calories.

I've cut cardio back this week and have had fat loads every night in addition to my regular meals and I've woken up tighter every day. Below are pictures I took today to show where I'm at. I've never had my lower back and glutes in like this, the calf striations, and veins wrapping all the way from the front delt to the rear delt.

gluteslowerback051421.jpg

calves051421.jpg

side0512421.jpg

deltstris051421.jpg

front051421.jpg

danieltx, those are great pics. You're shredded. Are you going to be using slin when you add the carbs back in intra or post-workout? Humalog?

I believe you said in the past, you use Humalin N in your growing phases. What's worked best for you as far as implementing slin once you finish a cutting period and are ready to grow well?

danieltx, those are great pics. You're shredded. Are you going to be using slin when you add the carbs back in intra or post-workout? Humalog?

I believe you said in the past, you use Humalin N in your growing phases. What's worked best for you as far as implementing slin once you finish a cutting period and are ready to grow well?
I've never used Humalog, only Novolin R and N. I use R for meals and preworkout and add N if I have a lot of carbs with my last meal.

Last year I used R from the first time I added carbs back in and it worked great so that's probably what I'll do again. You can use insulin regularly, you just have to do it properly which is as a supplement to your own production and not abuse it.

I find it interesting that you refeed with higher fats than most conventional knowledge would suggest. I find that on a lower carb diet, higher fat 'refeeds', coupled with more moderate carbs, do a far better job of keeping you fuller and stronger without the major water flux that inevitably accompanies higher carb intake. They seem to have the effect of keeping your leaner and more vascular, as well, but again, I think that's partly due to the less dramatic shift in water balance

How low did your calories get at the lowest of this experiment and what does a daily fat refeed look like for you? Love me a nice fatty meal at the end of the day...

I've never used Humalog, only Novolin R and N. I use R for meals and preworkout and add N if I have a lot of carbs with my last meal.

Last year I used R from the first time I added carbs back in and it worked great so that's probably what I'll do again. You can use insulin regularly, you just have to do it properly which is as a supplement to your own production and not abuse it.

Agreed. Slin can be a great tool if used correctly. Did you use the Novolin R with all your carb meals? Were you eating carbs with every meal?

I find it interesting that you refeed with higher fats than most conventional knowledge would suggest. I find that on a lower carb diet, higher fat 'refeeds', coupled with more moderate carbs, do a far better job of keeping you fuller and stronger without the major water flux that inevitably accompanies higher carb intake. They seem to have the effect of keeping your leaner and more vascular, as well, but again, I think that's partly due to the less dramatic shift in water balance

How low did your calories get at the lowest of this experiment and what does a daily fat refeed look like for you? Love me a nice fatty meal at the end of the day...
I don't consider those fat refeeds, that'd be a different way of eating. I intend for these to just be a little boost for some extra energy and to slow my body down from burning through stuff so quickly - though this week it's been the opposite, I eat this and within 30 minutes I'd literally have sweat rolling down my face.

The lowest my daily calories got this diet was 1,144. I intended to go lower but just didn't need to, the fat kept falling off.

For fat loads this week I've been doing 3-5oz. nuts, mostly cashews, and a bowl of 1/3 to 1/2 jar sunflower butter, 1-2 scoops Fiberlyze, 2 scoops protein powder, 1/3 to 1/2 jar PB2, and sugar free chocolate syrup. Mix it up in a bowl with water and it makes a nice chocolate peanut butter pudding.

Agreed. Slin can be a great tool if used correctly. Did you use the Novolin R with all your carb meals? Were you eating carbs with every meal?
Yes, Novolin R with all carb meals. Breakfast was the only meals I didn't have carbs in but eventually I added fruit juice there when I needed more calories to keep growing.

Just re read this thread again. It’s really inspired me to kick it up a notch while dieting.

it’s really interesting to note you only eat 3 or 4 times a day and that protein is set around 1g /lb. reminds me of how diets used to be many years back.

You’re a great example of how a lot of lifters can diet pretty hard (low kcals) and not risk much LBM loss if refeeds/cheat meal amount and frequency are optimized

I love your approach and thinking when dieting.
I have the feeling that me (and many others) often overdo the cardio while dieting down which leads to unnecessary stress and therefore worst results.
Right now i am doing something similar to lose weight fast (since i have heart issues and need to lose some weight)
basically protein only 250-280g, fats from krill oil and beef/chicken/whey, carbs solely from veggies and some fruits. In total i am higher kcal due to the veggies/fruits (around 100g carbs most days with trace carbs from whey, spices etc..) but i just refeed once a week and its more a moderat one (300g carbs, 200g prot, traces fat)

How do you feel when approaching 300lbs? My heaviest was 250lbs and I feel winded going up the stairs 😬

Wait tilll you hit 40. I just turned 41 and feel like a 20 year old except for the odd injury. Honestly, 40 is young and I plan to push as hard as time allows until I’m either too injured or dead.
Going about training as a long term investment does pay off as you get older. I competed for the first time in 15 years last July during the pandemic. 3 weeks shy of my 48th birthday and 2 weeks after the 13th anniversary of my "Alive Day" when I was wounded in Iraq.

The iron has been a consistent therapy, medicine, choice that has made life a better quality one as 50 comes around the bend.

Going about training as a long term investment does pay off as you get older. I competed for the first time in 15 years last July during the pandemic. 3 weeks shy of my 48th birthday and 2 weeks after the 13th anniversary of my "Alive Day" when I was wounded in Iraq.

The iron has been a consistent therapy, medicine, choice that has made life a better quality one as 50 comes around the bend.
BTDT ( never competed in BB though) early 50s here. God bless brother

Training and nutrition are the fountain of youth. Everything else is icing on the cake

Training and nutrition are the fountain of youth. Everything else is icing on the cake.

I'm with you. I'm 46 and look as good if not better than when I was in my early thirties. Like the OP, consistent diet, grind out the training and results are inevitABLE REGARDLESS OF AGE

Want to give an update on where I am almost 8 weeks later. Here's a morning shot and gym shot from yesterday. Was 245.4lbs this morning and 250.6lbs last night before bed.

morning062921.jpg

gym062921.jpg

After my Dexa I bottomed out around 220lbs. so I'm up about 30lbs. over 6 weeks, much of it coming in the last 2. It took more calories than ever to get the rebound going this year.

Here's what my weekday diet looks like:
  • Meal 1:
    • 3 whole eggs
    • 3 servings egg whites
    • 5oz. bison top sirloin
    • 3oz. chicken breast
    • 2 servings Omegalyze
    • MACROS - 591 calories / 79.5g protein / 0g carbs / 25.2g fat
  • Meal 2:
    • 4oz. skirt steak
    • 6oz. 98% ground beef
    • 0.75 scoop True Nutrition custom protein mix
    • 1/2 bag Uncle Ben's rice roasted chicken flavor
    • 3oz. pineapple
    • Juice Plus orchard / vineyard / garden blends
    • MACROS - 665 calories / 74.5g protein / 51.7g carbs / 14g fat
  • Meal 3 - intraworkout:
    • 1.5 scoops Karbolyn
    • 5 scoops Purple Wraath EAAs
    • 10g creatine
    • MACROS - 300 calories / 0g protein / 75g carbs / 0 g fat
  • Meal 4 - immediately postworkout:
    • 1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer
    • 1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Hydro Whey
    • MACROS - 790 calories / 90g protein / 88g carbs / 10g fat
  • Meal 5:
    • 2 scoops Rice N Grinds
    • 1 serving grocery store brand low fat frozen yogurt
    • 1.5 scoops Optimum Nutrition Hydro Whey
    • 1.5 scoops True Nutrition custom protein mix
    • MACROS - 844 calories / 84g protein / 107.2g carbs / 4.7g fat
  • Meal 6:
    • This meal varies - sometimes I do rice and meat, sometimes I do a protein shake, but I always have some dessert items - last night I took it easy with:
    • 0.75 scoop Optimum Nutrition Hydro Whey
    • 2 scoops True Nutrition custom protein mix
    • 2 Eggo homestyle waffles
    • 1/2 Lenny & Larry's chocolate peantut butter cookie
    • 1 grocery store bakery double chocolate muffin
    • 1 Quest bar
    • 1 serving almond butter
    • MACROS - 1,089+ calories / 95.5g protein / 57.5+ g carbs / 36+ g fat
  • DAILY TOTAL - 4,300+ calories / ~420 g protein / 382+ g carbs / 90+ g fat
Above is for a training day. In the last 1-2 weeks I've had days in the 5,000s and 2-3 over 6,000. I adjust calories up and down based on how I'm gaining and how I look.

Rest days are 1,000+ calories lower just by cutting out the intraworkout and postworkout shakes. Sometimes I cut down to 3 meals, sometimes I do no carbs, just depends on how I'm gaining and how I look.

I still eat whatever I want on the weekends, just more of it.

For training, I've pulled biceps and triceps from my push and pull days to give them their own day, so now doing push / pull / arms / legs. It breaks down as:
  • Push A - upper chest / front delts / medial delts
  • Pull A - back thickness / traps
  • Arms
  • Legs - glutes / hamstrings / abductors / adductors
  • Push B - mid chest / medial delts
  • Pull B - back width / rear delts / traps
  • Arms
  • Legs - abductors / adductors / quads
Currently doing 3 on / 1 off and training is getting more brutal - as it should be - every workout. Added in 2 of my favorite bulking compounds a few days ago and my weight and strength are exploding right now.

Goal is to hit 275lbs. by early August then on to 300lbs. Might pull down for a bit to reset to a degree then push again. I'm open to whatever approach I have to take and however long I need to get there.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws