over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What 280.4lbs. At 6.6% Looks Like According To Dexa

This is a sound strategy and I think you will be shocked at how big and lean you stay with much lower drug burden and with much less strict adherence to everything. You won't be 295 benching 500 or 280 at 6% but damn I think you will be shocked with all the effort you have put it that if you keep training really hard you can get away with a lot even if drugs are cut in half (or more) and diet is 70% of the rigor you have now. Meadows and others often talked (in person) about how low you can go with drugs if you train very hard and correctly and at least keep diet mostly in check and I was personally shocked how loose I could get and keep things together.

You've obviously reached an elite level of physique development so it will deteriorate (which, as you noted is part of the goal and isn't a bad thing) but mark my words you will be surprised.

Interestingly enough the people that talked about being able to maintain great physiques on less are also those who are no longer with us... im sure people can understand where I'm going with this.

front010423.jpg

Hovering around 280lbs. right now and in the best condition I've been in at this point in the year - holding less water and my stomach isn't as bloated as it's been in years past.

I actually took a break in October / November. When we got back from California nothing was working right - my weight was dropping and no matter what I did I couldn't get back on track. I ended up going down to HRT for a while, brought my diet to roughly baseline, and maybe trained 10 times total in November. I dropped to the low 260s. I got back on track in early December and things are going good. I've never taken a break in a growing phase and it was quite frustrating but I think it's set me up to be in a better position for dieting this year since I'm still starting at a good weight and leaner than I've been in the past.

It's very likely 2023 will be my last full year of hardcore bodybuilding for a few reasons.

As a non-competitor I've really done it all - I've been a shredded 5% multiple times, I've been 295lbs. and ripped, I've benched 500lbs., I've had all the attention in public. I'm a very goal-oriented person and there just isn't much left aside from getting on stage which I have no interest in.

Another is that for the majority of guys to reach the level I'm at your life has to revolve around bodybuilding and nothing else - and keep in mind I do this as a hobby while working in corporate for one of the big banks. Everything has to be tailored to getting your meals in, getting your shots in, workouts, rest, etc. That's never been a problem for me but once or twice a year I'd feel pretty burnt out from it. This year I felt it multiple times throughout the year and repeatedly told my girlfriend I felt like I need a break from it for a while. This shit is a grind and while it does get easier as it becomes such a routine part of your lifestyle it's still a fucking grind to go through. I'm ready to scale back on all that. I've never been one of those monk bodybuilders who doesn't leave the house but I'm ready for more flexibility with nightlife, events, more time with my girlfriend, etc.

Finally, and probably the biggest reason, is health. I've been very fortunate to maintain good health through my bodybuilding journey and there's no reason to keep pushing it for years and jeopardize that.

Right now my plan is diet starting in March, rebound likely in late May, and push the rest of the year to get as big as possible. Come 2024 I'll diet for the last time then rebound to around 265lbs. and stay there. That's always been a weight I feel best at - I feel relatively light, things like putting a seatbelt on aren't difficult, and I can easily maintain that on reduced diet and training. From there it'll be a slow process of gradually bringing weight down as the years go by - I'll turn 40 in 2027.
That’s good to hear. I appreciate threads like these (Luki, Otherone etc) as I pick up a bit of knowledge from the transparency you guys bring to the forum. The biggest thing for me is seeing just what it takes to reach this elite level, it’s humbling and motivating. I hope you stay with the updates as I enjoy following your progress.

front010423.jpg

Hovering around 280lbs. right now and in the best condition I've been in at this point in the year - holding less water and my stomach isn't as bloated as it's been in years past.

I actually took a break in October / November. When we got back from California nothing was working right - my weight was dropping and no matter what I did I couldn't get back on track. I ended up going down to HRT for a while, brought my diet to roughly baseline, and maybe trained 10 times total in November. I dropped to the low 260s. I got back on track in early December and things are going good. I've never taken a break in a growing phase and it was quite frustrating but I think it's set me up to be in a better position for dieting this year since I'm still starting at a good weight and leaner than I've been in the past.

It's very likely 2023 will be my last full year of hardcore bodybuilding for a few reasons.

As a non-competitor I've really done it all - I've been a shredded 5% multiple times, I've been 295lbs. and ripped, I've benched 500lbs., I've had all the attention in public. I'm a very goal-oriented person and there just isn't much left aside from getting on stage which I have no interest in.

Another is that for the majority of guys to reach the level I'm at your life has to revolve around bodybuilding and nothing else - and keep in mind I do this as a hobby while working in corporate for one of the big banks. Everything has to be tailored to getting your meals in, getting your shots in, workouts, rest, etc. That's never been a problem for me but once or twice a year I'd feel pretty burnt out from it. This year I felt it multiple times throughout the year and repeatedly told my girlfriend I felt like I need a break from it for a while. This shit is a grind and while it does get easier as it becomes such a routine part of your lifestyle it's still a fucking grind to go through. I'm ready to scale back on all that. I've never been one of those monk bodybuilders who doesn't leave the house but I'm ready for more flexibility with nightlife, events, more time with my girlfriend, etc.

Finally, and probably the biggest reason, is health. I've been very fortunate to maintain good health through my bodybuilding journey and there's no reason to keep pushing it for years and jeopardize that.

Right now my plan is diet starting in March, rebound likely in late May, and push the rest of the year to get as big as possible. Come 2024 I'll diet for the last time then rebound to around 265lbs. and stay there. That's always been a weight I feel best at - I feel relatively light, things like putting a seatbelt on aren't difficult, and I can easily maintain that on reduced diet and training. From there it'll be a slow process of gradually bringing weight down as the years go by - I'll turn 40 in 2027.
How’s the ol lady feel about your life revolving around this lifestyle currently? Is she growing tired of it as well.

My X wasn’t onboard and got annoyed over it, but my current wifey doesn’t mind one bit. That part is refreshing!

Cage

I know what I’m gonna say has been said many times before but it’s still crazy to witness first hand. I have a very obsessive compulsive personality also highly addictive personality. So reason for saying that is because I convince myself and guilt myself so badly when I miss multiple days in the gym let alone 3,4, or 5. When I look at myself I feel disgusted, flat, flabby soft etc. But the day I get back in the gym and get that pump back that rush going that adrenaline pumping and I’m actually willing to take a pic more than half those times I actually look better . It’s crazy what our heads do and take us to these dark places .!

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear