over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What 280.4lbs. At 6.6% Looks Like According To Dexa

@danieltx can you please post an example of workout? Do you have a logbook?
This is what I did for shoulders and traps yesterday. I start every workout with calves which is why I'm including them.

1. Seated Calf Raise:
Warmups
  • 90 x 8
  • 180 x 4
  • 215 x 2
Work
  • 270 x 10
  • 215 x 12
  • 90 x 14 - slow, hold squeeze
2. Tibialis Raise on Seated Calf Raise - heels on platform, rest of foot hanging off
Warmups
  • 90 x 8
  • 180 x 5
Work
  • 250 x 10
  • 205 x 10
  • 90 x 13 - slow, hold squeeze
3. LF Cable Stack Lateral Raise - Single
Warmups
  • 17.5 x 12
  • 27.5 x 10
  • 42.5 x 9
  • 57.5 x 6
Work
  • 72.5 x 10
  • 92.5 x 9
  • 42.5 x 21
4. LF Cable Stack Front Raise - Single
  • 27.5 x 12
  • 37.5 x 11
  • 42.5 x 9
5. Nautilus Xpload Shoulder Press - Plate Loaded
Warmups
  • 70 x 8 - single arm
  • 140 x 4 - single
  • 360 x 3 - both arms
  • 450 x 3 - both, add SlingShot
Work
  • 540 x 10 - SlingShot, add wrist wraps
  • 470 x 10 - SlingShot and wrist wraps
  • 230 x 20 - no SlingShot or wrist wraps
6. DB Front Raise Seated - Single
  • 40 x 15
  • 25 x 14
7. DB Lateral Raise Seated - Single
  • 25 x 16
  • 25 x 14
  • 25 x 15
8. LF Smith Behind The Neck Press
Warmups
  • 155 x 5
Work
  • 235 x 12
  • 235 x 9
  • 145 x 24
9. LF Cable Stack Rear Delt - single arm movement I made up
  • 52.5 x 10
  • 77.5 x 10
  • 92.5 x 12
  • Rear delts have always been genetically good for me, I never do more than 3-4 sets per week for them
10. HS Shrug Facing Out
  • 270 x 20
  • 360 x 15
  • 450 x 12
  • 540 x 10
  • 450 x 13
  • 270 x 23
I always use Versa Gripps on shrugs and rear delts and have started using them on heavier sets of lateral and front raises the last few weeks.

I wasn't exaggerating pages back when I said I had 10+ years of log books. There are more old ones but these are what I could find quickly and I have my current one and most recently filled on in my gym bag. I absolutely would not have the physique I have today without these.

logbooks081322.jpg
Think the the 2 in the top left need to be pitched…lol. They’ve seen much better days!

Cage

This is only the second time I've done a Dexa on a rebound but given how well it's gone I had to. Dieting went a bit off the rails for me this year as I had severe allergies for a few weeks and ended up dropping muscle to hit the 5% range (after the April 2022 Dexa). But I took solace in the fact that all great bodybuilders have had years like that and it set me up for by far my best rebound ever. My previous rebound scan isn't listed in the line-by-line but you can see it in the chart in the mid-2020 spike. One of the thing I'm most proud of here is that since my first scan in 2016 I've gained 79lbs. of muscle.

dexa080922.jpg

Here are pictures from the last 2 days including a shot this morning of the definition my glutes and lower back still have.

side080822.jpg

mostmuscular080822.jpg

chest080822.jpg

quads080722.jpg

glutes080922.jpg

A few things I've done differently from past years on this rebound:
  • Switched from PPAL split to one body part a day
  • Replaced EAAs in my intraworkout with PeptoPro
  • Less carbs intraworkout - I've kept it at 44g of Gatorade powder and upped carbs in my meals where in past years I'd also add more carbs in intraworkout
  • Made Mott's apple juice the base of my postworkout shake due to the ability of fructose to help store more glucose
  • Replaced Novolin R and N with Humalog and Lantus
  • Much shorter ROM on arms which has been the key to finally making them grow significantly
One more note - one of the great disservices being done to the current generation getting into bodybuilding is the constant pushing of don't do too much, don't push too hard, you can't recover from X, etc. The followers of Dr. Mike Israetel and the like will never reach their potential because of it.

When I started this rebound I was going 3/4 on and 1 off. The last 3 weeks I've gone 6 on 1 off. Like most really advanced bodybuilders, I can tell as soon as I get out of bed if I need a rest day - and I haven't felt that. I feel good, my recovery is great, I've been crushing numbers every session, and this has been the best run of progress in my bodybuilding years. Pushing like this is how you get your best results. If you feel like you can have a good workout, go get it in - don't be a robot and say 'but the plan says X'. If you want to push your physique to new levels then you need to push yourself to new levels.

Finally, regularly active members know my views on most things so I'm not going to detail more in this post. Y'all can use this as a Q & A thread on whatever you want to ask.
How much apple juice after workout in carbs?

I get you - being 35 I only have a few years left of pushing hard, so being inspired by @slesh I decided to really push the GH this run and have been around 50IU the last month. This wasn't a big jump - I worked up to it - and I've been pleasantly surprised that my resting heart rate and cardio capacity has stayed the same. Obviously there isn't research on GH in these doses in hypermuscular individuals doing all what we do, but I suspect there is some small muscle building component to it, even if it's just keeping the muscles hypersaturated to create a more anabolic environment. I think the impact of GH at this dose has been much more with helping me stay so lean while getting this big.

I think one of the big factors in my gains this run has been Lantus. In my research it seemed to be either hit or miss with guys and I've always done well with insulin. I've never had such a round, thick look and Lantus is known for that.

For GH dosing:
  • First thing in the morning
  • Before meals - usually 20 minutes, sometimes it's just 5 minutes
  • Preworkout
  • Postworkout
For insulin dosing:
  • Lantus before or soon after I start eating breakfast - I don't time this in relation to GH or meals
  • Humalog as soon as I finish a meal
  • Humalog 15-20 minutes after GH pre and postworkout
I don't recommend these protocols for anyone and that's why I rarely discuss this stuff in detail, but guys deserve to know how the biggest and leanest are getting there. I never miss my blood pressure medicine, never sleep without my CPAP, spend much more on health supplements each month than PEDs, and have maintained good bloodwork even at high bodyweights and on grams, orals, GH, insulin, etc. Tolerance for this stuff is one of the big components of bodybuilding genetics that is always overlooked.

Dan’s great attention to detail in his record keeping in both diet and training went a long way in creating the new physique he is now sporting. Bravo.

Whata your morning sugar level?

Also do you think you have ANY stomach dissension from hgh and If so how are you dealing with it or it's no big deal will go way on its own when your done with high hgh

I know you previously stated your thick around the mid section

Also I remember a while back people thought as long as you tier up your hgh you can prevent hgh gut.

Maybe silly question but have you always done mostly machine work? Great physique and best of luck with continued progress

Whata your morning sugar level?

Also do you think you have ANY stomach dissension from hgh and If so how are you dealing with it or it's no big deal will go way on its own when your done with high hgh

I know you previously stated your thick around the mid section

Also I remember a while back people thought as long as you tier up your hgh you can prevent hgh gut.
Don't know morning sugar, haven't checked in quite a while.

Distention isn't caused by GH. If I let my gut go it's blown out but it's always been like that, even before I started PEDs, because I was overweight when younger. There are plenty of bodybuilders people think of as having tight midsections who have blown out guts if they don't control it - the key is they almost always control it in front of people so you don't know. Last year I posted a screenshot from a posing video on here of Hunter Labrada with his all the way out.

Having a thick midsection is just my natural build - even at 5% body fat my waist is 33". I'm sure PEDs / GH / tons of food didn't help it but they definitely weren't the initial cause.

Maybe silly question but have you always done mostly machine work? Great physique and best of luck with continued progress
Yes. I don't use barbells for anything and only use dumbbells for shoulder raises.

I did the traditional exercises for years and got little from them. Once I started using equipment that really let me feel the muscle work my progress exploded. Muscles don't know if you're using a BB / DB / cable-pulley / band / machine / etc., they only know how hard they're working and that's what hypertrophy is about.

Don't know morning sugar, haven't checked in quite a while.

Distention isn't caused by GH. If I let my gut go it's blown out but it's always been like that, even before I started PEDs, because I was overweight when younger. There are plenty of bodybuilders people think of as having tight midsections who have blown out guts if they don't control it - the key is they almost always control it in front of people so you don't know. Last year I posted a screenshot from a posing video on here of Hunter Labrada with his all the way out.

Having a thick midsection is just my natural build - even at 5% body fat my waist is 33". I'm sure PEDs / GH / tons of food didn't help it but they definitely weren't the initial cause.
I'd say at your weight 33 is damn good, is that what it measures now? How does it measure compared to when you were a similar bf at 220?

Thanks for the support.

I split GH first thing in the morning, before meals, and pre and postworkout. No issues with hands but I've been on GH nonstop for 4 years and have slowly worked up over that time. The only issue I get with hands is when I hit the high 260s - with the extra water at that point I can get some numbness if my arms are in certain positions for too long.

On the Lantus / Humalog / metformin, I take 1000mg metformin on rest days and a small dose of Humalog at some point in the day just to keep the glucose cleared. Carbs are 100g or less on rest days so that helps too. In the last week or so I've also been adding 500mg metfomin to my last meal on training days.

My blood pressure always ran low my whole life, like 110s over 60-70. That's genetic - my dad also has low blood pressure to the point he'd faint occasionally on standing up when he was younger. Mine started increasing when I hit the 240s. I've been on Telmisartan since April 2019 and have increased the dose as needed to keep blood pressure under control. Telmisartan also has benefits for the kidneys and heart.

For arms, on curls say I previously went 90-95% down - now it's more like 60%. It's like how Jason Huh trained when he was competing - short ROM that keeps the muscle under maximum tension the entire time.
I remember Jason good info. Same here my BP was always 100-110/60 with pulse in the 50s and same thing crossed 230 and it went up not bad. I’m over 260 and managing my BP with diet and cardio which went away after baby was born in Feb. before that BP was 120/70-high for me then baby born and no sleep at lot of snacking and not cardioing and BP got to 135/80 which made me feel terrible mind you though it was from bad diet no sleep and stress and putting fat on top of an already big body. Though I was an only running maintenance test/mast. Going to start a prep type diet on Tuesday just to get 60 lbs off me, my labs are all great but I don’t feel good even though my BP is back 125-130/70 I’ve never taken anything but baby aspirin are there any sides to the Telmisrtan besides being good for the kidneys and heart and is it good for them bc your BP is down or is there a direct action from the drug on those organs? You get it from a doctor?

I wasn't exaggerating pages back when I said I had 10+ years of log books. There are more old ones but these are what I could find quickly and I have my current one and most recently filled on in my gym bag. I absolutely would not have the physique I have today without these.

logbooks081322.jpg
So your logging your sets and reps or is this a food log? I food journal and make posing and cardio notes but when I train I generally don’t even count my sets bc I go to failure most of the time so I’m searching for a feel and I don’t count. I grew up in the 214 it’s my hometown. Hit there and the 972 when I can.

I'd say at your weight 33 is damn good, is that what it measures now? How does it measure compared to when you were a similar bf at 220?
I wear 34 throughout the year. I never actually measure my waist, I just know what it is when I buy jeans or have khakis custom made - I prefer polyester khakis and my thighs can't fit any off the rack. I know my waist size doesn't vary too much through the year - I can wear the same khakis when dieted down and bulked up.

Jeans are a little different but only due to my thighs. When I'm dieted down I can squeeze them into Lucky jeans though this might be the last year for that. But once I'm well into my rebound it's Duluth Trading Company specialty jeans - they're the only ones that fit my thighs off the rack.

I still wore 34 at 220lbs. - my waist size really hasn't varied as I've gone up in muscle.

I remember Jason good info. Same here my BP was always 100-110/60 with pulse in the 50s and same thing crossed 230 and it went up not bad. I’m over 260 and managing my BP with diet and cardio which went away after baby was born in Feb. before that BP was 120/70-high for me then baby born and no sleep at lot of snacking and not cardioing and BP got to 135/80 which made me feel terrible mind you though it was from bad diet no sleep and stress and putting fat on top of an already big body. Though I was an only running maintenance test/mast. Going to start a prep type diet on Tuesday just to get 60 lbs off me, my labs are all great but I don’t feel good even though my BP is back 125-130/70 I’ve never taken anything but baby aspirin are there any sides to the Telmisrtan besides being good for the kidneys and heart and is it good for them bc your BP is down or is there a direct action from the drug on those organs? You get it from a doctor?
I haven't heard of side effects from Telmisartan like you hear with the cough from Ramipriil and others. I'm not well-versed in the science but I believe the protective effects on kidneys and heart are direct and not just from lowering blood pressure. I get mine from All Day Chemist.

So your logging your sets and reps or is this a food log? I food journal and make posing and cardio notes but when I train I generally don’t even count my sets bc I go to failure most of the time so I’m searching for a feel and I don’t count. I grew up in the 214 it’s my hometown. Hit there and the 972 when I can.
The book are all workouts - I log food in the MyFitnessPal app on my phone.

For my workouts I record the following:
  • Date
  • Muscles trained
  • Gym I'm training at
  • Out of bed morning weight
  • Exercises, sets, weight, and reps for warmups and work
In my book I also note things like PRs, if it's the first time I'm doing an exercise or using a particular machine, tips on ROM, if I had poor sleep / hydration, etc. I want to know as much as possible to optimize my workouts.

I haven't heard of side effects from Telmisartan like you hear with the cough from Ramipriil and others. I'm not well-versed in the science but I believe the protective effects on kidneys and heart are direct and not just from lowering blood pressure. I get mine from All Day Chemist.
Awesome thanks. Did you say what your dose was and did you work up to it or just jump on.

Awesome thanks. Did you say what your dose was and did you work up to it or just jump on.
Dosage has had to increase as my weight has increased. I believe I started at 40mg once a day, right now at 60mg twice a day.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear