over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What ab exercises??

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
This past year I realy tried to bring my abs out and they just don't seem to respond , I've done cruches on a decline bench , the big ball , i've done leg raises from the bench and haning from a pull up bar.

I've tried doing weighted exercises with less reps , no weight for ALOT of reps and i just can't seems to make my lower abs come out.

I've been doing alot of tension training with them when i'm just standing around at work as well as trying to do vacumme poses.

Any advise

I do hanging leg raises in a slow controlled manner and bring my legs up and over my head, this causes the torso to curl up in the process. No swinging or momentum.

How lean are you? You may have good ab development but they're hidden away and won't show their face until you get to a low BF % (one that's probably difficult to maintain year-round). Some are capable of sporting abs 12 months a year, but that's not me and it may not be you, either.

I've actually found my abs responded better to minimal work (assistance in other core lifts) rather than isolated side bends, 1000 sit ups a day, and w/e the hell else people swear by. I'm not speaking to you personally, but so many insist on banging their head against the wall repeatably even when that said action has resulted in zero positive results in the past.

yes on the being lean

Its been my experience that the lower abs are the last to come out as you get leaner.

How lean are you? You may have good ab development but they're hidden away and won't show their face until you get to a low BF % (one that's probably difficult to maintain year-round). Some are capable of sporting abs 12 months a year, but that's not me and it may not be you, either.

I've actually found my abs responded better to minimal work (assistance in other core lifts) rather than isolated side bends, 1000 sit ups a day, and w/e the hell else people swear by. I'm not speaking to you personally, but so many insist on banging their head against the wall repeatably even when that said action has resulted in zero positive results in the past.

This was my first thought as well. Diet is a big part of revealing your abs, at least for me it is. You can do a million crunches and your abs won't come out if your diet is not in check. I also do minimal ab work. Just a few sets twice a week at the end of my workout is all I need. When summer comes around, I adjust the diet and training to bring the abs out.

standing rope crunches

a powerlifter actually showed me an ab exercise (hahaha!).

Go to the rope thing to do pushdowns with. Grab the ends standing and hold them beside your neck behind your head and crunch down (bending at the spine so your abdomens are doing the work).

he explained it to me like a reverse goodmorning...since your quads/psoas are engaged.

are you facing away from the pully to do this or facing toward it? SOunds good.

As was said, your abs may be hidden underneath belly fat. If you are lean and still are not happy with the way your abs look try some weighted ab exercises. Abs are muscles just like everything else we work, and will grow with heavier weight. Ditch the medicine ball if this is your goal. Add some more weight, i remember i was doing decline crunches with an 80lb dumbell on my chest. Heavy leg raises too using dumbells.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear