YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What advice would you give to someone who is borderline diabetic?

seven7seven

Registered
I have a female friend who has put on a lot of weight within the past few years and has now become boderline diabetic. Other than things like "Eat less sugar", "exercise" and "lose body fat" what advice would you give to this person? I want to help her out. I told her to start taking fish oil as I think that helps increase insulin sensitivty. Any other advice you can think of?

what about metformim (asking not telling*)? I have a friend that is a girl also that has problems releasing insulin. I have contemplated metformim for her.

Do a little research on Biotin & Chromium.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
It does work...

Get her on the KETO diet

I have a female friend who has put on a lot of weight within the past few years and has now become boderline diabetic. Other than things like "Eat less sugar", "exercise" and "lose body fat" what advice would you give to this person? I want to help her out. I told her to start taking fish oil as I think that helps increase insulin sensitivty. Any other advice you can think of?

Type 1 or typ 2 borderline?

Type 1 or typ 2 borderline?

From what he's described sounds like Type II.

Just tell her she is at risk for having kidney problems, being on dialysis, and could also lose toes, feet, and even lower extremities if it gets that out of control..... This would scare me straight, but then again I see it all the time so that alone keeps me straight.

From what he's described sounds like Type II.

Just tell her she is at risk for having kidney problems, being on dialysis, and could also lose toes, feet, and even lower extremities if it gets that out of control..... This would scare me straight, but then again I see it all the time so that alone keeps me straight.
I see this alot too. But it doesn't scare alot of people straight enough. Even after amputations people are still non compliant. Either they want to reduce risks or not. But i agree with you. I see it it enough it scares me straight since it runs in my family. Luckily no signs as of yet.

"Eat less sugar", "exercise" and "lose body fat"

this, but make eat less sugar eat less carbs. She should eat NO sugar. Tell her she's killing herself. If she doesn't fix it through diet and exercise she will end up taking drugs every day of her life and likely still end up with the problems that come with diabetes.

STOP ALL SUGARS, STARCHES, EXERCISE, NO SODAS, GRAVY, FLOUR, MASHED POTATOES, CORN, WHITE RICE. GET THE DRIFT. START TAKING CLA. EASY TO CONTROL AT THIS STAGE WITH DIET AND EXERCISE.

Very high fiber diet. Soluble Fiber has amazing effects on blood sugar and insulin sensitivity!

Just google "soluble fiber insulin sensitivity" or "soluble fiber diabetes" and you can read lots of good info about it.

Last edited:
i have studied the subject since 1995, and diabetes is more complicated than people think, for sum it's just like alcoholism and when you think about it it makes sense since alcohol is actually a sugar, any way people don't want help [for the most part] with it, and seem to get irritated when someone tells them what they should do to control their condition. if she wants your help, there's is a lot you can do; but if she don't she will get annoyed. the very best way for a diabetic to eat is just like a dieting bodybuilder on a precontest diet, very low carbs, lots of vegies and clean protein sources plus efa, and yes some fish oil, as for exercise, heavy weight lifting would be best, why? it increases insulin sensitivity, gh release, test production, igf1, pgfs, interlukins, and the more muscle you have the more sugar they will use, as for cardio none traumatic activities are best, why? traumatic activities such as running decrease insulin sensitivity. i personally don't like drugs such as metformin, gucofage and actose, why? they usually come with some nasty sides.

i have studied the subject since 1995, and diabetes is more complicated than people think, for sum it's just like alcoholism and when you think about it it makes sense since alcohol is actually a sugar, any way people don't want help [for the most part] with it, and seem to get irritated when someone tells them what they should do to control their condition. if she wants your help, there's is a lot you can do; but if she don't she will get annoyed. the very best way for a diabetic to eat is just like a dieting bodybuilder on a precontest diet, very low carbs, lots of vegies and clean protein sources plus efa, and yes some fish oil, as for exercise, heavy weight lifting would be best, why? it increases insulin sensitivity, gh release, test production, igf1, pgfs, interlukins, and the more muscle you have the more sugar they will use, as for cardio none traumatic activities are best, why? traumatic activities such as running decrease insulin sensitivity. i personally don't like drugs such as metformin, gucofage and actose, why? they usually come with some nasty sides.

THATS ALL GOOD ADVICE BUT IT DOES NEED TO COME FROM THE DOCTOR.
cardio is good as well especially if they are over weight and not into weight lifting. cardio will get them started in the gym keeping them motivated untill they start seeing results is usually the hard part. once they see results on the scale and mirror self esteem is the best motivator. but again the doctor is the one she will listen to before you me or best friend.( unless she has a friend thats diabetic possibly to go to the gym with) the other hard part for most is diet i was lucky i guess it didnt bother me as much and the news was what i needed to get my fat ass back to the weights after a 12 year layoff.

Last edited:
rv

well i am assuming she is consulting with her doc; but even then most diabetics won't listen to their docs ether.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws