over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What age did you get serious?

Scout200

Newbies
It's never too late! At what age did you get serious about working out?

I actually started on and off working out at a gym since I was 13, but didn't really get serious until the end of my freshman year of college. But it really took me till the past year to really start to understand and listen to all the vets' advice and now I've been making my best gains. Goes to show the oldies know what they are talking about haha :D

I actually started on and off working out at a gym since I was 13, but didn't really get serious until the end of my freshman year of college. But it really took me till the past year to really start to understand and listen to all the vets' advice and now I've been making my best gains. Goes to show the oldies know what they are talking about haha :D

How are you my friend? I am probably an oldy,lol. probably started pumping iron before you were born:p, I am 47 , training for about 27 years, but my best gains have come in last 10 years. God bless you my child. Minister.

the first time at 40 . i have taken some time off so now at 53 i am more serious than ever cause i am going to compete next year. this is it.

How are you my friend? I am probably an oldy,lol. probably started pumping iron before you were born:p, I am 47 , training for about 27 years, but my best gains have come in last 10 years. God bless you my child. Minister.

Haha bro you've been training a hell of a lot longer than I have!!! But you're never too old to learn something new right brother :headbang:. Yea I'm just a young buck only 24 lol, but I keep my ears open and learn from the smarter ones like you, bboy, phil, and everybody else on this board. Since I joined PM is actually when I started making my best gains! Take care minister keep in touch

I started getting serious at around 47-48. And over the last 10 years it seems I get more serious each year. Last year was my most serious. We'll see what happens next year.

I started getting serious at around 47-48. And over the last 10 years it seems I get more serious each year. Last year was my most serious. We'll see what happens next year.

Better late then never old man:D I didn't get really serious until I was almost 40, even though I've been working out for 20 plus years.

Nineteen. Finally as serious as it gets when I competed earlier this year at 24.

First started working out when I was 14. I would lift in the off-season for baseball for 6 months and then I would stop during our season. I did this through high school, but I didn't really train like a bodybuilder and watch my diet until I was 19.

So I got "serious" at 19 and now I will be 33 next week. Man how time flys! I love the fact that I have been training for so long, because I get these high school kids that come up to me and ask me how did I get so big. And I just say," well, I've been working out for 18 years." End of conversation. Totally avoids what they really are asking!

Started at 16 and was immediately WAY TOO serious about it, making it a lifestyle... missing in the process the most important part in that word: "LIFE".

Now at 30 I take bodybuilding for what it should be and always remain, a hobby. No more slavery. I'm much much less serious about it, but infinitely happier. ;)

Started at 16 and was immediately WAY TOO serious about it, making it a lifestyle... missing in the process the most important part in that word: "LIFE".

Now at 30 I take bodybuilding for what it should be and always remain, a hobby. No more slavery. I'm much much less serious about it, but infinitely happier. ;)

At what age did you start to realize that bodybuilding should be more of a hobby than a lifestyle?

Was there a particular event that led you to this realization?

I got serious around 19 im 22 now and im at the same place serious dieting and training are takin a huge toll on me id like to make it more of a hobby and have fun with it again.

i am a powerlifter and am only 26 but i have a strict diet and do some bodybuilding movements after my regular compound movements i have been lifting sience i was 15

I started training at 14 years old of so, Im 36 now, I started competing at 17 years old. I wish I started earlier but due to my financial order I wasnt able to afford to do so.

I now have family and 2 great young boys so competing and bodybuilding as a whole for me is for fun now, no hopes or dreams to come out of it as before. But I still train and eat very well. Just no contest stress and enjoy it all now for what its worth.

I started training at 18, but didn't really get serious about it until I was 25. And just this past year, I got even more serious about it. I've never trained with this intensity and focus before. It's exhilarating! :D

reading this thread reminds of something that I often ponder, and I think at least a few will be able to sympathize.

I've been training for as long as I can remember, but not seriously until 4 or 5 years ago. The funny thing is, for as long as I can remember, I ALWAYS felt like I was doing things perfectly........then every year or so I would look back and think "WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU DOING?!??! WHAT AN IDIOT!!" ..........Now, though, I'm positive I've got it figured out! hahahahaaha

started at 12 - 13 benching and curling at home, didn't go to the gym until I was 17, immediately went balls to the wall, went from 140 to about 210 by 21 (2 cycles only) then trained clean 18 years or so until HRT when I was 40. Now I'm 44, 245 about 8%bf. 30 plus years and I won't stop for love nor money. This thing is a marathon, not a sprint... the real payoff is when you are older and look better than 95% of people half your age.

I started at 13 got serious at 16 when I joined the local powerhouse gym and I've been doing it ever since then. Unlike most other sports, you only get better with age in bodybuilding.
Peace to all,
M2M

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner