kinglab
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What AI or SERMS did the pros in the 1980's or 1990's use on cycle?

7asssa7

Registered
What auxiliaries have pros used on their cycles to control estrogen on their cycles back in 1980's and 1990's? Was arimidex or letrozole used? Or was it just Nolvadex?

But then, they say Nolvadex on cycle diminishes gains.

-Spartan-

Registered
do you have any studies showing Nolvadex being detrimental to muscle growth?
just wondering as i’ve never heard this.

johnjuanb1

Featured Member / Sponsor Rep
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
The guys in the 70’s never had gyno in pictures. I’m guessing they used nolvadex.

opietaylor

Registered
some used teslac in the 90's I believe but it was pricey and hard to get.

Dens228

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
They also used much less test in the 80's. My first two cycles written by a nationally ranked powerlifting coach didn't contain any test.

7asssa7

Registered
do you have any studies showing Nolvadex being detrimental to muscle growth?
just wondering as i’ve never heard this.

No, not really. I have seen some posts on various forums and internet articles saying it does reduce gains.

But then you see that pros used nolva in 1980's and 1990's and were biggest bodybuilders and competitors.

Dens228

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Yes, but what about the notorious DBOL?

My first cycle of Deca and D-Bol.......deca stayed the same throughout, D-bol cycled up then back down. No AI, no deca dick, no gyno.

FrancisK

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Haha this is a thinly veiled attempt by the OP to ask about AI’s again....

MR. BMJ

Kilo Klub Member / Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Nolva was used in the 80's, IIRC Duchaine gave awareness to most AAS users during this period. I can't remember if Proviron was used for this purpose in the 80's (it was in the 90's)...not an 80's guy....I was more 90's.

Aromatase inhibitors like Arimidex/Letro/Aromasin were not used until the 90's and early 2000's. Arimidex was available in the 90's, and there were discussions on it within some of the forums, but I don't remember anybody off the top of my head that used it during that time....that was a long-ass time ago now. I didn't use it, and I think most started using Arimidex when it came out on the UG seen as Liquidex....at least here in the USA.

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Haha this is a thinly veiled attempt by the OP to ask about AI’s again....
This fucking guy and his obsession with AIs [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sides

Registered
Duchaine and Mike Zumpano promoted the use of Nolvadex to competitors back in the late 80's, and then in the 90's Arimidex started coming into vogue.

I was the man to my friends in the gym back in 1992, because I could get plenty of cheap mail-order Nolvadex from Mexico, and then later OL Skouvara in Greece and Pharma Schwartz in the Netherlands. It was a hard thing to find in the gyms back in the day.

And yes, guys used to use much less test back before Nolvadex. I remember Lee Haney saying that he never felt comfortable over 300mg per week of test. Something to think about considering how great his physique was back then.

A50#

Old School Moderator
Staff member
Registered
I think it was primarily Nolvadex early on. One of my oldest friends in the game said that Nolvadex stacked with Proviron was popular and he even mentioned using Teslac when he could find it.

ThinkTank

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I think it was primarily Nolvadex early on. One of my oldest friends in the game said that Nolvadex stacked with Proviron was popular and he even mentioned using Teslac when he could find it.

That is it in a nutshell... Proviron was promoted by most dealers as 'freeing more test', getting more bang for the buck.

Reload

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Nolvadex...that was it! At least that was my reality around these parts in the late 80's/early 90's. If you were getting gyno everyone said get on Nolvadex. I did (real Tamoxifen with the lady face on the tab) and it didn't do jack $hit for my gyno. Had surgery to remove it (x2). YES, it can come back. I later learned that it was prolactin induced due to Deca.

and I still haven't found DOMESTIC Caber (Caber/Dostinex tabs) not a liquid source on this site. Can someone help a brother out?

MR. BMJ

Kilo Klub Member / Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Yea, Teslac was for sure around in the 90's, I'm not sure about the 80's though? I know that stuff was hella expensive. I never used it myself and I think it was hard to come by IIRC (USA). I'm sure there were hook-ups for it, but definately not anybody I was around (that isn't saying much, lol).

Yea, up until AI's became available, most guys (again 90's for me) were using Nolvadex, Proviron, Teslac (if obtained), and those who used clomid as an anti-estrogen. That was pretty much it back then, it sucked compared to what we have now, lol.

A50#

Old School Moderator
Staff member
Registered
Yea, Teslac was for sure around in the 90's, I'm not sure about the 80's though? I know that stuff was hella expensive. I never used it myself and I think it was hard to come by IIRC (USA). I'm sure there were hook-ups for it, but definately not anybody I was around (that isn't saying much, lol).

Yea, up until AI's became available, most guys (again 90's for me) were using Nolvadex, Proviron, Teslac (if obtained), and those who used clomid as an anti-estrogen. That was pretty much it back then, it sucked compared to what we have now, lol.

I'm going by memory but I'm pretty sure Teslac was approved by the FDA back in the early 70's. I never had a chance to try it myself but some people I know who have said it was very effective, just extremely expensive and not readily available.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
tutorsindia