advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What allows for "muscle memory" growth to happen faster than normal growth?

Biggerp73

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Back in the day I remember hearing people say they thought that muscle memory had something to do with the fascia being stretched. To be honest I'm not even sure I know what the fascia is 😂. That theory would make sense given other theories about how synthol works. But I'm not so sure.

What do you guys think allows the body to build muscle tissue so much faster with "muscle memory" vs. not?

We sometimes hear that "the body can only net a gram or two of new muscle per day" - but then we see Kevin Levrone do in 5 months with muscle memory what it took him 10 years to achieve without. Dusty Hanshaw is another guy who recently gained back like 100lbs of muscle in less than a year.

What is it that allows the body to build muscle so much faster when someone has muscle memory?

Back in the day I remember hearing people say they thought that muscle memory had something to do with the fascia being stretched. To be honest I'm not even sure I know what the fascia is 😂. That theory would make sense given other theories about how synthol works. But I'm not so sure.

What do you guys think allows the body to build muscle tissue so much faster with "muscle memory" vs. not?

We sometimes hear that "the body can only net a gram or two of new muscle per day" - but then we see Kevin Levrone do in 5 months with muscle memory what it took him 10 years to achieve without. Dusty Hanshaw is another guy who recently gained back like 100lbs of muscle in less than a year.

What is it that allows the body to build muscle so much faster when someone has muscle memory?

I don't think it's so much that you are rebuilding the muscle as it is you are refilling it.
I heard it explained like this.

Your muscle are a sponge , normal person with normal hormones is like wringing that sponge out and letting it dry out , it will be significantly smaller.
They you add ina few ounces of water (drugs and nutrition) and bang it fills back out , as long as the water (drugs and nutrition) and there it will be big and plump.
If you remove the water (drugs/nutrition) and let it dry out iit will shrink up again until you add back more water (drugs/nutrition)

I know that is a super simplistic way of thinking but kinda made since.

Each time you get bigger and bigger you are adding more sponge to fill out next time

I don't think it's so much that you are rebuilding the muscle as it is you are refilling it.
I heard it explained like this.

Your muscle are a sponge , normal person with normal hormones is like wringing that sponge out and letting it dry out , it will be significantly smaller.
They you add ina few ounces of water (drugs and nutrition) and bang it fills back out , as long as the water (drugs and nutrition) and there it will be big and plump.
If you remove the water (drugs/nutrition) and let it dry out iit will shrink up again until you add back more water (drugs/nutrition)

I know that is a super simplistic way of thinking but kinda made since.

Each time you get bigger and bigger you are adding more sponge to fill out next time
No I think that's the right idea but it seems that "filling the sponge" involves net accumulation of protein/muscle tissue within "the sponge"

fascia stays loose for a pretty long time IIRC

All I know is after hitting my peak in bodybuilding, I got hurt bad in a car accident. I couldn’t lift for shit, even got addicted to alcohol in that time. My muscles shrank of course but still had some mass considering stopping everything. My muscles became soft and squishy and weak. Now I’m getting back at it and they are hardening up and rapidly regaining strength. That’s all I know...

In my mind I have always thought of it as 'depressed' muscle tissue with all the neurons, cells and built blocks(building blocks already assembled) that springs back to life. Some real bro-science but I don't believe I am too far off.

All I know is after hitting my peak in bodybuilding, I got hurt bad in a car accident. I couldn’t lift for shit, even got addicted to alcohol in that time. My muscles shrank of course but still had some mass considering stopping everything. My muscles became soft and squishy and weak. Now I’m getting back at it and they are hardening up and rapidly regaining strength. That’s all I know...
Soft is actually good tissue. Granite and cement feeling muscles are in poor condition

Even if the muscle isn't volumized, you still have all your increased intramuscular vascularity, all your CNS framework, the cells (myonuclei) themselves which stay with you for life. Unless you are malnourished and your body breaks down that muscle in order to get the amino acids it needs (atrophy). But once they begin to take on work again, they feed up with dense insulin receptors, they fill up and power up with greater ATP capacity much more quickly than if they've never been worked before. But that's just my own thoughts and some bro-sci to boot...

Even if the muscle isn't volumized, you still have all your increased intramuscular vascularity, all your CNS framework, the cells (myonuclei) themselves which stay with you for life. Unless you are malnourished and your body breaks down that muscle in order to get the amino acids it needs (atrophy). But once they begin to take on work again, they feed up with dense insulin receptors, they fill up and power up with greater ATP capacity much more quickly than if they've never been worked before. But that's just my own thoughts and some bro-sci to boot...
This is the best explanation I have heard and consistent with what I've read in the past. I don't think it has anything to do with stretching the fascia and don't think that extreme stretching and fst7 type training stretch fascia to allow new growth (although I do think stretching and pump training and beneficial for other reasons).

In addition, if you have 19 inch arms and let them deflate to 16.. we already know you have the genetic and know how to train to get to 19...where someone who has never got to 18 may not know what it takes or have the genetics or cardio to do so.

Same applies to sports, cardio, etc imo. If you were able to achieve a certain physical condition strength, muscle, sports skill, you can get it back easier if you lost it then when you first acquired.

its a stretch but the body "muscle memory" is also like if tiger woods quit golf... he has all the training and adaptations to be a pro at top level again if he started back up 2 years later (assuming no injuries) he is certainly going to get his skills back faster then when he acquired them.
i know a stretch but hope ya know what i mean
so dont know if its really much about muscle but just how quickly your body can be woken up to bring back the adaptations if given correct stimuli (weights, food, drugs)

Satellite cells have already been converted to myonuclei.

its a stretch but the body "muscle memory" is also like if tiger woods quit golf... he has all the training and adaptations to be a pro at top level again if he started back up 2 years later (assuming no injuries) he is certainly going to get his skills back faster then when he acquired them.
i know a stretch but hope ya know what i mean
so dont know if its really much about muscle but just how quickly your body can be woken up to bring back the adaptations if given correct stimuli (weights, food, drugs)
Yup, because everything he does, drive, a chip, a putt, is so 'wired in' to his neural pathways. He can quit but when he returns those will bounce right into use again. Also, if you've never seen Woods, he's a big boy. You don't notice it in the polo shirts and khakis but the dude's pretty jacked for a golfer. He crushes it at the tee.

The longer you have had the muscle the more your body recognizes
it as 'normal' and will therefor do what it can to get back there.
I kinda liken it to a set point for lack of a better word.

Satellite cells have already been converted to myonuclei.
Nail on head:

Reactions: td

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner