over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What am I doing wrong?

RoJoBBA67

Newbies
We'll start with my diet.

Breakfast: (0430) Protein shake w/ banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 raw egg, or egg whites, almond milk

2nd breakfast: (0800) 1 cup Quick 1 minute oats mixed with water.

Snack: I munch on almonds and freeze dried apricots until lunch. No more than two or three handfuls of the combination of the two.

Lunch: (1200) Always baby carrots (1/4 cup). I fucking love them. Usually an apple or banana, some days I skip the fruit though. Entrees include chicken breast, strip steak or ribeye, a couple turkey burgers, occasionally talapia or salmon.

1330 Pre-Workout and head to the gym.

Post workout shake w/ peanut butter and banana and eggs and surprise almond milk.

1600: Dinner time! Every entree listed under lunch is what I had for dinner the night before.I always make enough to have it for lunch the next day. The sides change quite frequently but can include broccoli,pasta salad, brown rice, green beans, and asparagus. These are just typical things I eat I'm sure their are variations.

Training Split is as follows.

I warm up before lifting with ten minutes on a bicycle.

Monday Legs: Squats (7 sets), Leg Press x4 (I build up to my max and have my partner strip two plates at a time off and continue on until I can't go anymore.) Followed by abs 20 min of light cardio

Tuesday back: (3)Deadlifts, (3)One arm DB rows, (3)standing cable back flys,(3)seated cable row{Double drop set on final set), (3) T-bar row.

Wednesday Cardio: 30 min. HIIT followed by standing calf raises.

Thursday Shoulders & Arms: EZ bar curls(4), isolation curls(4), seated db curls w/ single dropset on each set){4} then standing ez bar triceps extension(4), rope pulldown(4), close grip bench(4) then DB Shoulder presses(4), upright rows(4), Superset front raises w/ lat raises.(2), finish with shrugs. Abs.

Friday Cardio! 60 min steady state

Saturday Chest: DB bench press(4), Smith machine incline press(4), DB flys(4), barbell decline press(3) followed by abs and 20 min light cardio.

Sunday: It's football season.

Now you have the jist of my eating and training. methods. My goal is to lose my body fat, and get those striations you see in the magazines. Can anyone give me advice on how to accomplish this?

It's the nutrition brother. I would make sure that each meal contains the right macros that you are trying to hit. Your breakfast should have the right amount of protein included. Each meal should contain the amount of pro/carbs/fats to hit your daily goals

I agree with Jim. And I'm a sucker for steak too but strip and especially ribeye are the fattiest steaks which is why they taste so good. Try keeping a diary. Use my fitness pal app or something to track your macros. I'm still learning a lot myself but have been told by many if I wanted to burn fat save my cardio for after my workout.

Breakfast: (0430) Protein shake w/ banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 raw egg, or egg whites, almond milk

2nd breakfast: (0800) 1 cup Quick 1 minute oats mixed with water.

Snack: I munch on almonds and freeze dried apricots until lunch. No more than two or three handfuls of the combination of the two.

Lunch: (1200) Always baby carrots (1/4 cup). I fucking love them. Usually an apple or banana, some days I skip the fruit though. Entrees include chicken breast, strip steak or ribeye, a couple turkey burgers, occasionally talapia or salmon.

Post workout shake w/ peanut butter and banana and eggs and surprise almond milk.

1600: Dinner time! Every entree listed under lunch is what I had for dinner the night before.I always make enough to have it for lunch the next day. The sides change quite frequently but can include broccoli,pasta salad, brown rice, green beans, and asparagus. These are just typical things I eat I'm sure their are variations.

Monday Legs: Squats (7 sets), Leg Press x4 (I build up to my max and have my partner strip two plates at a time off and continue on until I can't go anymore.) Followed by abs 20 min of light cardio

Tuesday back: (3)Deadlifts, (3)One arm DB rows, (3)standing cable back flys,(3)seated cable row{Double drop set on final set), (3) T-bar row.

Thursday Shoulders & Arms: EZ bar curls(4), isolation curls(4), seated db curls w/ single dropset on each set){4} then standing ez bar triceps extension(4), rope pulldown(4), close grip bench(4) then DB Shoulder presses(4), upright rows(4), Superset front raises w/ lat raises.(2), finish with shrugs. Abs.

Saturday Chest: DB bench press(4), Smith machine incline press(4), DB flys(4), barbell decline press(3) followed by abs and 20 min light cardio.

Now you have the jist of my eating and training. methods. My goal is to lose my body fat, and get those striations you see in the magazines. Can anyone give me advice on how to accomplish this?

Your nutrition need a total fix

2nd breakfast: (0800) 1 cup Quick 1 minute oats mixed with water. add a protein source

Lunch: (1200) Always baby carrots (1/4 cup). I fucking love them. Usually an apple or banana, some days I skip the fruit though. Entrees include chicken breast, strip steak or ribeye, a couple turkey burgers, occasionally talapia or salmon. drop the strip for sirloin or 96/4 lean ground beef

Post workout shake w/ peanut butter and banana and eggs and surprise almond milk.drop out the fats use whey isolate and a carb souce, karbolyn/hbcd etc

1600: Dinner time! Every entree listed under lunch is what I had for dinner the night before.I always make enough to have it for lunch the next day. The sides change quite frequently but can include broccoli,pasta salad, brown rice, green beans, and asparagus. These are just typical things I eat I'm sure their are variations. again low fat protein source and a carb choice, rice /sweetpot etc.

idk how much u weigh or what u look like so its hard to really judge

We really need some stats: body weight, body fat %, height, age, goal weight etc...

Breakfast: (0430) Protein shake w/ banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 raw egg, or egg whites, almond milk drop the carbs, take bcaas and go do cardio... come back amd eat shake w

2nd breakfast: (0800) 1 cup Quick 1 minute oats mixed with water.have protein/bcaas or similar, none or minimal carbs

Snack: I munch on almonds and freeze dried apricots until lunch. No more than two or three handfuls of the combination of the two. replace these snacks w bcaas/protein source

Lunch: (1200) Always baby carrots (1/4 cup). I fucking love them. Usually an apple or banana, some days I skip the fruit though. Entrees include chicken breast, strip steak or ribeye, a couple turkey burgers, occasionally talapia or salmon. more carbs fpr your wprkout id add here

id take in protein again before bed

The guys in mags have usually dieted for a show, or dieted fpr the shoot for months.... you want to look like them, tjem u need to prep accordingly imo... tren will always help that look and help retain muscle as u cal deficit...just put all your carbs around your training to fuel workout... fasted cardio.... up your protein intake...

Last edited:
One thing in your training that sticks out to me is that you are doing deadlifts the day after squats. If you can handle it that's great, I know I couldn't. Your routine might work better for you if you split it like this
Monday: chest and biceps
Tuesday: legs
Thursday: shoulders and triceps
Saturday: back

First how long have you been trying . Second maybe keep a diary of every thing you place in your mouth - as many forget here and there. What is your weight ? And portions and calories maybe need to be reduced . By the way whole eggs don't make you fat and taste better .
Do cardio every day while some love HIIT just as much proof it's not for everyone - personally I hate it lol, I've always dropped ton of flab going moderate 40-45 minutes post workout

Your food sources could fare better - I'm like the only person on this forum against low carb diets but you eat way too much . Eliminate fruit - when trying to lose eliminate all flour and sugar period - including fruit , just until you lose few pounds . Screw the freeze dried apricots . Need more personal stats too

LICSW/MSW/cscs/ USArmyVet

One thing in your training that sticks out to me is that you are doing deadlifts the day after squats. If you can handle it that's great, I know I couldn't. Your routine might work better for you if you split it like this

Monday: chest and biceps

Tuesday: legs

Thursday: shoulders and triceps

Saturday: back

If he was more advanced I'd agree. His main goals are to lies fat. So no his workout is fine . My advice is no way do this split , sorry no disrespect intended, but that's not what he needs. His diet is way way off and cardio

Again I'm noticing many guys including myself are needing personal stats . How long you been trying etc.

Thank you

First off a big thank you. I wasn't expecting so many replies.

I just stepped on the scale this morning and I weigh 181.2 lbs. I am 5'11. I don't know how to measure my bf%, but I'll have a guy at my gym do it for me tomorrow. I do know my legs are 22 and 1/4" around and my biceps are 15 1/8" around. I've been really focusing on my triceps the last 2-3 months to make my arms appear bigger.

When I started this journey I was 142 lbs skinny little bitch. While I am no means huge I have came a long way and gotten a lot stronger. I get a lot of positive responses from peopIe who don't usually see me. Lots of guys in bars ask me about steroids, and women I work with constantly ask me for diet advice like I have a clue what the hell I'm doing. I have a very high metabolism. I could literally stop going to the gym and I wouldn't turn to flub like most people.

My response to the guy who suggested tren. It's to early for all that. I don't want to take something like that now and not be able to reap the benefits when it's really necessary. I've only used one pro hormone and one cycle with test and trest acetate. And to be honest it was probably to early in my life to try that stuff. I'm 27 years old.

My highest 1RM on squats ever was 365 and that was this summer and it felt like a ton of bricks coming down on me. I've never felt so physically drained in my life. As of right now I warm up at 135, follow-up 185, jump to 225, then 275 x 5(2), then 225, and one last set at 135 to failure. When I deadlift the day after I do all my working sets at 225 for 12-15 reps. I have gone heavier and probably still can if I worked back up to it, but my form was going to shit and I had to visit a chiropractor this past summer which did wonders for my range of motion and flexibility. I thought I just wasn't stretching enough, but boy was I wrong their. One chiropractor visit and all that flexibility came back. Also got a little sheet with some great stretches for my quads and hamstrings. You know it's bad when a Dr. grabs your leg and says "wow that's tight." I thought my legs were just more defined.

I read so much of your guys; stuff because I am trying to learn from your mistakes and your successes as well as my own. I am not a pro bodybuilder like some of you and I don't have that adonis DNA, but I work my ass off and I am just trying to put this all together. I want my body to reflect all the work and money I do put into it. I'm constantly looking at myself and thinking I can be better.

Also I have been trying to do this shred thing for about three months with no luck at dropping body fat.I've shed a few pounds. I was 188 lbs. coming out of the summer. I do have a bottle of liquid clen and liquid t3 at my disposal, but again it may be to early for such extreme measures.

2h2r529.jpg

2m5co4w.jpg

You have a nice foundation to work with. Making the adjustment to your nutrition plan is a lot more work then most people think but if you follow the suggestions above and clean up your food you should be able to lean up really fast

RoJo...

You need to post a few pics of yourself here. At least a front shot. From your pic some of us can see where you're at, what you need, and how far off you are from your goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uMM...

Those two pics are of me. First one from 3 years ago. Second from tonight.

Nice! You definitely made some gains. =)

"I'm not ready for AAS yet."

That is one of the most sensible things I've read on the boards. I've been around since the old UG day and came here when the board was born.

Take advantage of BigA's article "Guide for Beginners" or something similar. I forgot the exact name.

Everything you need is in that article.

Good luck!

RoJo...

You need to post a few pics of yourself here. At least a front shot. From your pic some of us can see where you're at, what you need, and how far off you are from your goal.

You beat me to it. Tapatalk didn't update with the pics... Reviewing.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity