YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What are baseball players doing to get around drug tests?

galaxy

Registered
Seems like everyone is throwing 100mph and hitters are keeping up with bat speed.

Isn’t there a testosterone that can only be detected for 12hrs?

Are they able to be on trt? I’ve read the therapeutic dose is 5mg per lb of body weight, so one would be able to get away with 600mg to 500mg test if true?

How long is hgh detectable for? Would it be something to do in the off season?

There’s a couple college players pitching 104mph and 105mph.

Seems like everyone is throwing 100mph and hitters are keeping up with bat speed.

Isn’t there a testosterone that can only be detected for 12hrs?

Are they able to be on trt? I’ve read the therapeutic dose is 5mg per lb of body weight, so one would be able to get away with 600mg to 500mg test if true?

How long is hgh detectable for? Would it be something to do in the off season?

There’s a couple college players pitching 104mph and 105mph.
What does throwing 100+ have to do with PEDs? The PED era in baseball was over 20 years ago.

Most athletes in random testing sports are using fast acting compounds - suspensions, no esters, orals, GH, peptides, etc. Remember that this use is almost always geared toward performance, not building muscle. They don't need medium and long acting stuff that's constantly elevating protein synthesis, they need something to make them perform really well at a certain period of time.

I don't know the TRT policies in professional sports leagues, it's kept pretty quiet.

Not sure on GH detection time but active life is around 4 hours. GH is one of the few things that still can't be reliably tested for so use is common across pro sports, Olympics, etc.

High school athletes are on peds and sometimes even younger then that. Drug test are not hard to pass. It will always be a constant cat and mouse game.

Most athletes in random testing sports are using fast acting compounds - suspensions, no esters, orals, GH, peptides, etc. Remember that this use is almost always geared toward performance, not building muscle. They don't need medium and long acting stuff that's constantly elevating protein synthesis, they need something to make them perform really well at a certain period of time.

I don't know the TRT policies in professional sports leagues, it's kept pretty quiet.

Not sure on GH detection time but active life is around 4 hours. GH is one of the few things that still can't be reliably tested for so use is common across pro sports, Olympics, etc.
Are those hgh tests done using blood draws?

Looking at the guys who do test positive, it’s some dope using nandrolone which should never be done.

As far as testosterone testing goes, I read anything with a 4:1 testosterone to episterone gets flagged for re test. Curious how much one could use for a 3:1 ratio?

Apparently, they’re only tested once during the season and once during playoffs.

And TRT is allowed. I’ve read rumors Trout has an hgh script, but that’s just rumors.

Just by watching baseball playoffs, you can tell the guys that were tested because bat speed is up and pitchers are throwing a few ticks harder.

I’m still curious what the secret substance is pitchers are using to get more run and break. It’s rumored the dodgers signed Trevor Bauer just to get the ingredients to his super secret substance.(the guys slider is nasty)

I
High school athletes are on peds and sometimes even younger then that. Drug test are not hard to pass. It will always be a constant cat and mouse game.

I know. I wish I had a time machine. I’d just eat right, squat and deadlift. But, alas😪

Looking at the guys who do test positive, it’s some dope using nandrolone which should never be done.

As far as testosterone testing goes, I read anything with a 4:1 testosterone to episterone gets flagged for re test. Curious how much one could use for a 3:1 ratio?

Apparently, they’re only tested once during the season and once during playoffs.

And TRT is allowed. I’ve read rumors Trout has an hgh script, but that’s just rumors.

Just by watching baseball playoffs, you can tell the guys that were tested because bat speed is up and pitchers are throwing a few ticks harder.

I’m still curious what the secret substance is pitchers are using to get more run and break. It’s rumored the dodgers signed Trevor Bauer just to get the ingredients to his super secret substance.(the guys slider is nasty)
Usually blood. Urine has been hard to detect HGH in but every few years they try a new method of urine testing.

I'm familiar with T:E ratios but not sure how the amount you take impacts it.

There are also tests that can differentiate naturally produced testosterone from synthetic testosterone. Not sure how common or reliable they are.

I think trt and the 3:1 ratio iirc going back to days of Dan duchaine you can take 500mgs test a week? No clue tho, we’ll some.

Its usually winny not deca that athletes get popped for at least what i have seen

The tests are getting more and more effective (especially WADA labs) at detecting the use of PEDs that are not naturally made in the body. Most steroids now have a) a much longer detection time b) a lower detection threshold (they can detect a much smaller amount of the drug or its metabolites).

That's one of the reasons why more athletes are getting popped. For example, stanozolol/winstrol used to be detectable for 10-14 days whereas now it can be detected for more than 6 weeks, even in oral form.

However bio-identical hormones (testosterone, insulin, growth hormone, IGF-1, thyroid) are much harder to detect since its already in your body to some extent and as long as you don't go above the maximum threshold (which is very high by physiological standards to avoid false positives due to genetic exceptions which could lead to litigation) you are fine.

Several countries, for example, would test their athletes weekly to see what dosage of testosterone and growth hormone could be taken without exceeding the threshold (insulin can be taken at will as they don't test for it) AND how long before a test they would have to stop using high doses so that they would test clean. I have no problem believing that athletes making tons of money would be able to afford those frequent tests or pay an expert who knows how much testosterone or GH they can get away with in-season without testing positive.

As far as I know, MLB doesn't conduct off-season testing. So athletes could use higher doses or "riskier" (by testing standards) PEDs off-season then transition to low dose testosterone and GH (staying within the detection threshold) which would be enough to recover faster (which is what baseball players are really after) and at least maintain the gains they made off-season.

With how efficient the tests are becoming, I wouldn't risk using non bio-identical drugs in the off-season. Except maybe very briefly at the begining of the off-season. Sticking to bio-identical hormones would be a smarter/safer course of action. Although it might not be optimal in terms of performance enhancement, for these athletes it is enough to get a significant edge in their training.

Also gummies they are pretty much the same as orals very fast acting.

Do you follow baseball? I’m not being condescending.

PED eras never end. Joe the gym rat to Olympic athletes. Football players. Everyone. Anything with millions of dollars involved.
I’ve had the opportunity to around several NFL guys. Not superstars, but role players and starters. None of them used PEDs of any type. Also, most of their diets were shit. These guys are genetically gifted with athletic talent. The only “PED” I know that one guy used was semorelin to help rehab an injury.

Everyone wants to think pro athletes are using PEDs, and I’m sure some are, but IMO most are not. They don’t even pay attention to nutrition.

Fast acting drugs are a thing.

Also, I hate the view that because people are just getting better/stronger/faster, it muuust be gear.

10-15 years ago Eric Spoto benched 700 and it wasn’t because he was just on more gear. 800lbs is a thing now and again, nothing to do with gear. Why do we ONLY acknowledge peoples genetic abilities when we know for certain they are on drugs…

A 100lb increase in all time bench records is acceptable. But 5mph increase is “no fuckin way, gotta be gear.” Not trying to poke at the OP, but people who truly believe all pro athletes are on something have defeatist attitudes and chances are, have sub par genetics…enough so that they think anything better than them muuust be impossible.

Maybe it’s because I’ve seen completely natural 15 year olds weigh 230 and run a 4.6, it’s left a mark on me. Genetics are everything.

Pro sports is identical to BBing that 80% them have regular genetics and just worked hard. But the elite few, who rise to the top of the sport, either aren’t on shit at all (NFL/NBA/MLB) or on very little gear (IFBB)

Fast acting drugs are a thing.

Also, I hate the view that because people are just getting better/stronger/faster, it muuust be gear.

10-15 years ago Eric Spoto benched 700 and it wasn’t because he was just on more gear. 800lbs is a thing now and again, nothing to do with gear. Why do we ONLY acknowledge peoples genetic abilities when we know for certain they are on drugs…

A 100lb increase in all time bench records is acceptable. But 5mph increase is “no fuckin way, gotta be gear.” Not trying to poke at the OP, but people who truly believe all pro athletes are on something have defeatist attitudes and chances are, have sub par genetics…enough so that they think anything better than them muuust be impossible.

Maybe it’s because I’ve seen completely natural 15 year olds weigh 230 and run a 4.6, it’s left a mark on me. Genetics are everything.

Pro sports is identical to BBing that 80% them have regular genetics and just worked hard. But the elite few, who rise to the top of the sport, either aren’t on shit at all (NFL/NBA/MLB) or on very little gear (IFBB)
Agree with this.. not everyone who plays sports is juiced up, a few things..

1. The sticky shit they use
2. Better sport specific training
3. Recovery, massage, they don't pitch half the innings they used to so they aren't worn down
4. Less emphasis on weights more on flexibility mobility
5. Juiced balls and yes juices radar guns. Do people think all these pitchers now days are throwing harder than the Ryan express, Roger Clemens, and Nolan Ryan? Every guy the gun says 99 but I don't see 99. I just saw some random relief pitcher on Baltimore hit 99 no way that got there as quick as Randy Johnson's 95 20 years ago
6. Foreign players.. these guys don't grown-up playing call of duty and eating Doritos in a country that is 50 percent obese. MLB teams are looking in the Dominican and south America for players with better genetics who are harder workers and developing them and managing their volume so their arms aren't shit by the time they are 25

7. Surgery. The flame throwers are having better mechanics so they don't hurt their arm. When they do they fix and rehab so they keep their velocity.

[QUOTE="galaxy, post: 3131523, member: 2148"
[/QUOTE]

I doubt any of em truly would qualify for TRT since most are 20’s-30’s. Buuuuut that doesn’t mean shit if they want an advantage. As long as you have legitimate bloodwork I imagine they could do TRT and their levels would need to be around 800.

The therapeutic dose is way below 5mg/per lb. of bodyweight. Not sure what it is technically, but .5mg/per lb. of bodyweight would be more accurate.

Cage

What is the point of this thread? No one knows the cocktails professional athletes are using- the only people that know are the guys "prescribing" it. No one on a bodybuilding forum is going to know this shit.. its out of our realm.

Genetics play a role yes, that's obvious. The other obvious thing is drugs are involved. You guys who think they aren't have your heads in the sand or don't know people as well as you think you do.

Professional athletes hide the shit from wives, kids, everyone. So why in the fuck would they tell you or anyone else? What the fuck do they gain telling you this shit? If i was making a million plus yearly, even a hundred grand playing a professional sport that was tested i sure as fuck wouldnt even tell my best friend. Whats to gain from telling? Nothing. Whats to lose? Everything..

The only people that know are:

1- the trainers
2- the guys prescribing/selling them the drugs

For fuck sakes I knew people taking the shit at 13 years old. Yes, star athletes and everything else. Everyone thinks because someone is young that they aren't on shit.

If i took all the drugs in the world it doesn't make up for my lack of genetics. So let's not get that twisted. These guys are all have unbelievable genetics and work ethic that shit on us normies. The drugs arent what seperate us from them by any means.

But people thinking all these guys don't use shit..

I’ve had the opportunity to around several NFL guys. Not superstars, but role players and starters. None of them used PEDs of any type. Also, most of their diets were shit. These guys are genetically gifted with athletic talent. The only “PED” I know that one guy used was semorelin to help rehab an injury.

Everyone wants to think pro athletes are using PEDs, and I’m sure some are, but IMO most are not. They don’t even pay attention to nutrition.

I feel like everyone says something different and it just depends on the sport..

I know guys who’ve been around an array of Olympic level athletes, most of them on PEDs.. My brother was getting looked at by colleges for baseball and most of his buddies who did make it to any high level were on PEDs..

I know a guy who claims the same as you, being around several NFL guys and he says some of them were on PEDs and some weren’t…

I myself have been around some high level BJJ guys and UFC guys, I can’t say ALL of them, but A LOT of those guys are in PEDs too.. I’ve personally been asked by a few UFC/Bellator fighters if I can get them legit gear that was properly dosed and if it was the actual compound they wanted because of testing etc they had to be sure and time everything perfectly..

My personal opinion, again, it depends on the sport and the athlete…

The average NFL career is like 2-3 years… Yea, a lot of freaks in the NFL with garbage nutrition…

Do we really think Tom Brady doesn’t have the best of the best doctors taking care of him to be able to play 20+ years at a high level?? And that maybe there’s some questionable cocktails involved to keep him healthy and optimal??

Who really knows…

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner