YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What are baseball players doing to get around drug tests?

The best example I can think of is Barry Bonds. Busted. He blew up like birthday balloon on whatever he was taking. His trainer / batting coach said his helmet size went up which was obvious. He got nailed. His out was blaming his trainer / supplier for his ‘vitamins’, said he did not know what he was taking, just following orders. Sure 😉. Don’t know how it all played out but he was a much better player when ‘on’ then ‘off ‘ like him our not and not many people did. Think attitude.

That being said, when it comes to batting he is said too have said, it does not make you eyeballs stronger but my purely uneducated guess is that it can’t hurt, might help fielding (stronger runner?) and bat speed but again, speculation on my part.

Hope this is not too far off topic . . .
Lol… Barry Bonds was a Hall of Fame Caliber player before and after steroids/gh. The steroid stigma is keeping him out of the HOF but his performance pre steroids would have had him in. He didn’t become a better player, he simply hit more home runs. His stolen bases and defense took a hit with the added mass. To say he was better player “on” than “off” isn’t accurate. He was a different player as in he hit more home runs, but better? That’s up for debate.

thats still 10yrs ago.
even testing today compared to 5yrs ago, is much more advanced.

It’s much more advanced but it doesn’t mean guys aren’t beating the testing…

I’m surprised at how many people on here actually believe a ton of pro athletes aren’t taking anything..

I know for a fact there’s UFC fighters 100% taking PEDs of different kinds..

Sure, you’re not seeing the traditional compounds of Test and Anavar and Turinabol etc because of certain metabolites and detection times etc, but they’re taking shit.. They’re not only taking shit but they’re figuring out ways to reduce defection times and metabolites in the system etc..

There’s so many ways and so many different compounds they can play with..

We’re really going to pretend Israel Adesanya was clean for his fight against Paulo Costa when he got MASSIVE gyno flare up in a matter of a couple months and that marijuana was the cause?? Lmao 🤣

We all know that shit isn’t true and that doesn’t happen.. I’m pretty tight in the cannabis industry and I know people who smoke more weed in a day than most would in a month and they don’t have gyno.. I know literally thousands of people who are every day smokers for decades…. Never seen anything like that.. A couple BJJ guys I know are crazy smokers and they even call bullshit on that explanation..

And Bellator, One FC, Bare Knuckle FC etc?? Lmao 🤣 their testing is basically an IQ test.. Don’t be dirty the day of the fights and you’re good..

So, I’m not by any means saying that every single athlete is using PEDs of some sort, but I do know for a fact there are people beating the USADA tests..

And if people are beating USADA which is supposed to be “gold standard” of testing, then I don’t believe for a second that any sport has 100% clean athletes..

I have heard that the NFL and NBA have the most lenient rules regarding PED's. Sports like Golf probably don't even test so that's not even part of my thought process. But when it comes to UFC and the MLB - I'd say it's probably very hard to continually beat drug testing these days. In the Olympics, you have entire countries that have committed to doping in the past and I think it can get far more conspiratorial and covered up or paid off I'd think.

Kawaan Baker
Just got suspended for 6 games violating the PED policy. These guys are paid millions of dollars to perform at the very highest. No doubt the majority of them using are whatever type of enhancement they can use for better performance. To think otherwise, you may actually believe the moon landing happened

Kawaan Baker
Just got suspended for 6 games violating the PED policy. These guys are paid millions of dollars to perform at the very highest. No doubt the majority of them using are whatever type of enhancement they can use for better performance. To think otherwise, you may actually believe the moon landing happened
I sure as hell don't believe the USA landed on the moon but I definitely don't think every MLB player juices, not by a long shot

So a guy gets popped every now and then. So the testing is legit so people can't say ",oh the testing is a sham". Can't make that argument.

So if we know testing is happening, why aren't more getting popped? Do they have scientists developing a short action tren? Are they all using test base in water like a pre workout to get hyped before taking the mound?

I doubt half the MLB guys even eat right. Half are probably 15 percent or more and skinny as a rail or have a dad bod. Pete Alonzo took off his shirt at the home run derby and he had tits literally looked like he's never worked out.

I just don't see how it's it's possible they are all juicing and not getting caught.. genetics, some people are born to throw a ball 100 mph where a former president couldn't even throw it better than a girl. Some people are smart enough to cure diseases and some can't even work the register at McDonald's.

P
Fast acting drugs are a thing.

Also, I hate the view that because people are just getting better/stronger/faster, it muuust be gear.

10-15 years ago Eric Spoto benched 700 and it wasn’t because he was just on more gear. 800lbs is a thing now and again, nothing to do with gear. Why do we ONLY acknowledge peoples genetic abilities when we know for certain they are on drugs…

A 100lb increase in all time bench records is acceptable. But 5mph increase is “no fuckin way, gotta be gear.” Not trying to poke at the OP, but people who truly believe all pro athletes are on something have defeatist attitudes and chances are, have sub par genetics…enough so that they think anything better than them muuust be impossible.

Maybe it’s because I’ve seen completely natural 15 year olds weigh 230 and run a 4.6, it’s left a mark on me. Genetics are everything.

Pro sports is identical to BBing that 80% them have regular genetics and just worked hard. But the elite few, who rise to the top of the sport, either aren’t on shit at all (NFL/NBA/MLB) or on very little gear (IFBB)
I’m asking for my own knowledge. I have sub par genetics. I wanted to see what people know. I know better than to ever get into a genetics or is it the gear debate. That would be like walking into a comic book store and asking who’s the most powerful superhero. Like, did the egg or the chicken come first. Also, I don’t think you’re poking fun at me. I respect your opinion and appreciate the response.

W
I feel like everyone says something different and it just depends on the sport..

I know guys who’ve been around an array of Olympic level athletes, most of them on PEDs.. My brother was getting looked at by colleges for baseball and most of his buddies who did make it to any high level were on PEDs..

I know a guy who claims the same as you, being around several NFL guys and he says some of them were on PEDs and some weren’t…

I myself have been around some high level BJJ guys and UFC guys, I can’t say ALL of them, but A LOT of those guys are in PEDs too.. I’ve personally been asked by a few UFC/Bellator fighters if I can get them legit gear that was properly dosed and if it was the actual compound they wanted because of testing etc they had to be sure and time everything perfectly..

My personal opinion, again, it depends on the sport and the athlete…

The average NFL career is like 2-3 years… Yea, a lot of freaks in the NFL with garbage nutrition…

Do we really think Tom Brady doesn’t have the best of the best doctors taking care of him to be able to play 20+ years at a high level?? And that maybe there’s some questionable cocktails involved to keep him healthy and optimal??

Who really knows…
Tom Brady takes an annual trip to Costa Rica I believe. I always assumed stem cell treatments.

What is the point of this thread? No one knows the cocktails professional athletes are using- the only people that know are the guys "prescribing" it. No one on a bodybuilding forum is going to know this shit.. its out of our realm.

Genetics play a role yes, that's obvious. The other obvious thing is drugs are involved. You guys who think they aren't have your heads in the sand or don't know people as well as you think you do.

Professional athletes hide the shit from wives, kids, everyone. So why in the fuck would they tell you or anyone else? What the fuck do they gain telling you this shit? If i was making a million plus yearly, even a hundred grand playing a professional sport that was tested i sure as fuck wouldnt even tell my best friend. Whats to gain from telling? Nothing. Whats to lose? Everything..

The only people that know are:

1- the trainers
2- the guys prescribing/selling them the drugs

For fuck sakes I knew people taking the shit at 13 years old. Yes, star athletes and everything else. Everyone thinks because someone is young that they aren't on shit.

If i took all the drugs in the world it doesn't make up for my lack of genetics. So let's not get that twisted. These guys are all have unbelievable genetics and work ethic that shit on us normies. The drugs arent what seperate us from them by any means.

But people thinking all these guys don't use shit..
The point of the thread is clearly stated. I appreciate your opinion and taking the time to post. I understand you’re not directly singling me out.

Y
I feel like everyone says something different and it just depends on the sport..

I know guys who’ve been around an array of Olympic level athletes, most of them on PEDs.. My brother was getting looked at by colleges for baseball and most of his buddies who did make it to any high level were on PEDs..

I know a guy who claims the same as you, being around several NFL guys and he says some of them were on PEDs and some weren’t…

I myself have been around some high level BJJ guys and UFC guys, I can’t say ALL of them, but A LOT of those guys are in PEDs too.. I’ve personally been asked by a few UFC/Bellator fighters if I can get them legit gear that was properly dosed and if it was the actual compound they wanted because of testing etc they had to be sure and time everything perfectly..

My personal opinion, again, it depends on the sport and the athlete…

The average NFL career is like 2-3 years… Yea, a lot of freaks in the NFL with garbage nutrition…

Do we really think Tom Brady doesn’t have the best of the best doctors taking care of him to be able to play 20+ years at a high level?? And that maybe there’s some questionable
I
To the original poster.. It is clear you have done very little research on the subject (which is why you are asking so many questions) that you should know before posing an argument or question about this. The game has really cleaned up its act and the steroid era has been over for a long time. I would venture to say that there is a miniscule percentage of players using PED's in baseball anymore. Bat speed has little to nothing to do with PED's. Professional hitters don't really have problems hitting a fastball traveling 95-100mph. Obviously some are better than others but they make adjustments (unless you are Joey Gallo). The hardest part about hitting a baseball is the movement and the command of the pitcher that is able to locate balls that have late movement or "life" on them. Also - arm angles, hiding the ball for longer (harder to pick-up) and not having tendencies as to "tip" your pitches are important.

IMO, GH is very hard to test for - in fact, I am not even sure blood testing was approved by the MLBPA in a renewed agreement. You would really have to have some terrible luck to get popped for GH. Not only that, but I doubt TRT is allowed. Who is your source for Trout having GH? He is getting injured a fair amount the last few years and the truth is these generational talents like Judge, Trout and the other top players in MLB are not going to risk their legacy or image for screwing around with hormones. I also think the people testing positive for deca or nandrolone probably think it's something else - or they are such fringe amateurs that they don't care to look into it enough to at least give themselves a punchers chance at passing a PED test. Testing once during the season and playoffs and not at all in the offseason sounds like a pointless plan to curb PED use so I am not sure of the validity of those claims either.

You will find a lot of guys that get popped are minorities in/from DR and Central America or fringe players that are in the minors and trying to find a way forward...not stable MLB guys.
Didn’t post to argue. Don’t profess to be an expert or to know any fringe professional athletes. Was curious if there was anything new out, specifically things that are more beneficial for ball players. Got you involved in the discussion and that’s just what I wanted. I do appreciate it.

The best example I can think of is Barry Bonds. Busted. He blew up like birthday balloon on whatever he was taking. His trainer / batting coach said his helmet size went up which was obvious. He got nailed. His out was blaming his trainer / supplier for his ‘vitamins’, said he did not know what he was taking, just following orders. Sure 😉. Don’t know how it all played out but he was a much better player when ‘on’ then ‘off ‘ like him our not and not many people did. Think attitude.

That being said, when it comes to batting he is said too have said, it does not make you eyeballs stronger but my purely uneducated guess is that it can’t hurt, might help fielding (stronger runner?) and bat speed but again, speculation on my part.

Hope this is not too far off topic . . .
I recall Bonds was quoted as saying he could see the baseball better. I was shocked how elaborate his cycles were. And he said he only began using because he hit 49 HRs and nobody even noticed. Guy won 4 MVPs without PEDs. Same with Clemens. He won 3 or 4 Cy Young’s and 1 MVP without. You read things now about guys who used to be the club house leaders, who were really the club house dealers. PEDs just always interested me.

I recall Bonds was quoted as saying he could see the baseball better. I was shocked how elaborate his cycles were. And he said he only began using because he hit 49 HRs and nobody even noticed. Guy won 4 MVPs without PEDs. Same with Clemens. He won 3 or 4 Cy Young’s and 1 MVP without. You read things now about guys who used to be the club house leaders, who were really the club house dealers. PEDs just always interested me.
Bro, he had Lasik to improve his eyesight lol. Maybe GH can help even 0.5% more..but you sure as hell wouldnt have Bonds admitting PED's helped his eyesight.

It is really odd because I have always considered Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa to be the top 3 in season HR totals - and still kind of reserved Maris as the non-PED record holder. I'm really not even sure which I give more credit to - but it would be absolutely amazing if (my favorite player) Aaron Judge eclipses 61. The damn guy is so good and so likeable...6-7 280lbs. That's an insanely built athlete.

I've never seen someone bet on themselves and come through this big and it is extremely satisfying seeing it happen to a good guy. He rejected a 7yr extension that was going to pay him 213.5 million overally (so 30.5M/yr). He is now having one of the best seasons in history and poised to challenge Maris's 61 in '61. He's on pace for 65 or so. The biggest drawback on him is he is 30 - so its hard to give him 10-12yrs at that age and at this point the Yankees might have to give him 10.

I'm predicating 10@38-40million..
or 8yrs @43-45million anually.

It's going to be a hell of thing to see unfold - the rest of this season AND the negotiations.

all that is impressive, but what about Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Dock Ellis pitching a NO HITTER on LSD in 1970. WILD. o/t musgrove just got resigned to padres 5 year 100million contract. the amount of money these fools get paid is INSANE. RIP tony gwynn I just see the field different

all that is impressive, but what about Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Dock Ellis pitching a NO HITTER on LSD in 1970. WILD. o/t musgrove just got resigned to padres 5 year 100million contract. the amount of money these fools get paid is INSANE. RIP tony gwynn I just see the field different
You're not wrong but when you look at what owners make and revenue generated - I'd rather have the money going to the players. The figures are astounding and make it look like a lot of the players aren't getting the fair share. I do wonder where the ceiling closes in because as it keeps expanding you can't be paying people 100-200 million a year. Obviously that is decades away but the direction it is slowly heading in.

There’s a pretty broad range of just normal looking guys in there. They’re definitely aren’t all “fine physical specimens” lol

C7E365E3-29EF-4CBF-BFD7-42D1B97992A9.jpeg B35C6A4A-4282-4F23-8CD2-A881DD8DAD08.jpeg

Lol, I remember bartolo colon and CC Sebathia. The players get a part of the revenue they are in the union so they have to negotiate. Like any business, athletes will never make too much just like Walmart employees won't make too much of the companies revenue. MLB screwed up giving garunteed contract and NFL is heading that way. Judge is a beast I wonder if his past injuries are the reason they are hesitant to pay him top Dollar. Pujols became a burden to his team and looks like trout is heading that way. I think Tampa has the best model they develop young talent then don't pay bloated contracts. Glad the MLB has a luxury tax now so a few teams can't just compete every year. Still not as ideal as the NFL model where there's more parity. I just look at a team like Pittsburgh with that beautiful stadium and they will never complete, should be a salary cap minimum.

If they pass tests it's because they are allowed to, simple as that. Actually getting around a test is almost impossible, for anabolic steroids, forget about it.

But there is a lot of corruption and unwillingness to actually bust too many people.

What I thought was interesting was the claim that Oral Turinabol was detectable for more that a year. I remember Joe Rogan making that claim with Jon Jones or some fighter. If orals have such detection times now you understand how hard it is to beat the tests.

Carbon Isotope Ratio testing has been around for a while. It'll detect any form of synthetic hormone use in the body. Even testosterone can get flagged at physiological levels.

With that being said: These are industries generating billions of dollars in revenue each year. They have access to all kinds of modalities, including PEDs. And I'm sure many a few have had stuff swept under the rug as well.

If anyone's interested, Victor Conte's podcast on Joe Rogan some 10+ years ago detailed quite well on how steroids were used during the baseball scandal era. I'm sure they don't have assays for many compounds still listed in the Merc index, you just need a viable source of raws and a decent chemist to make some of them. How much they effect performance? Who knows, many were tested in the 60s as treatments in a clinical setting so that data probably isn't that viable

Idk if they even create things like a biological passport and test according to that in these leagues. Sure as hell not in the NFL lol, Brady's wife was caught receiving GH to their home a while back. That news died quickly though

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws