advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What are baseball players doing to get around drug tests?

Fernando Tatis Jr. suspended 80 games effective immediately including any post-season games. Well, he dropped the ball! I doubt he just started PED's, although it's possible players would strategically take them late in the season when players are usually worn down from the long season. But it's all speculation on my part!

Carbon Isotope Ratio testing has been around for a while. It'll detect any form of synthetic hormone use in the body. Even testosterone can get flagged at physiological levels.

With that being said: These are industries generating billions of dollars in revenue each year. They have access to all kinds of modalities, including PEDs. And I'm sure many a few have had stuff swept under the rug as well.

If anyone's interested, Victor Conte's podcast on Joe Rogan some 10+ years ago detailed quite well on how steroids were used during the baseball scandal era. I'm sure they don't have assays for many compounds still listed in the Merc index, you just need a viable source of raws and a decent chemist to make some of them. How much they effect performance? Who knows, many were tested in the 60s as treatments in a clinical setting so that data probably isn't that viable

Idk if they even create things like a biological passport and test according to that in these leagues. Sure as hell not in the NFL lol, Brady's wife was caught receiving GH to their home a while back. That news died quickly though
That was Peyton Mannings wife. He was coming off a neck injury.

Fernando Tatis Jr. suspended 80 games effective immediately including any post-season games. Well, he dropped the ball! I doubt he just started PED's, although it's possible players would strategically take them late in the season when players are usually worn down from the long season. But it's all speculation on my part!
San Diego was made aware in advance. That’s why they went after Soto so hard. Nice 12 days.

Tatis is interesting, he's a guy who has no need to take ped. Been hurt all year maybe for recovery? But what he tested for is used to treat ring worm and that's what he says happened, interesting. If he was cheating, why that drug? Is he telling the Truth.

But I think this proves that anyone saying "drug testing in sports is a sham they turn a blind eye" is full of shit

MLB doesn't suspended one of its best stars and most popular players on one of the most exciting teams that participates in the best rivalry in MLB if they are knowing guys use and turning a blind eye to it.

Tatis is interesting, he's a guy who has no need to take ped. Been hurt all year maybe for recovery? But what he tested for is used to treat ring worm and that's what he says happened, interesting. If he was cheating, why that drug? Is he telling the Truth.

But I think this proves that anyone saying "drug testing in sports is a sham they turn a blind eye" is full of shit

MLB doesn't suspended one of its best stars and most popular players on one of the most exciting teams that participates in the best rivalry in MLB if they are knowing guys use and turning a blind eye to it.
Supposedly it was in a medical cream he was taking for ringworm

Are those hgh tests done using blood draws?

Looking at the guys who do test positive, it’s some dope using nandrolone which should never be done.

As far as testosterone testing goes, I read anything with a 4:1 testosterone to episterone gets flagged for re test. Curious how much one could use for a 3:1 ratio?

Apparently, they’re only tested once during the season and once during playoffs.

And TRT is allowed. I’ve read rumors Trout has an hgh script, but that’s just rumors.

Just by watching baseball playoffs, you can tell the guys that were tested because bat speed is up and pitchers are throwing a few ticks harder.

I’m still curious what the secret substance is pitchers are using to get more run and break. It’s rumored the dodgers signed Trevor Bauer just to get the ingredients to his super secret substance.(the guys slider is nasty)

The substance is called spider-tack. Helps with grip on the baseball to add more spin.

You all can’t possibly be naive enough to think he got popped for taking a substance found in ring worm medicine.
What else is he going to say?
He didn’t even try to appeal the decision.
It’s pretty obvious this guy isnt the brightest bulb.

I pretty much agree with all this. People see a pitcher throwing 100mph and want to attribute it to aas because we romanticize AAS and want to view them as this holy grail. These guys are freaks with great genetics. Sports like baseball are about God given talent, technique, coaching. Little Pedro Martinez wouldn't have thrown any harder had he hit the heavy slag iron, ate 5k calories till he puked, and got on a gram of test and slin.

Look at tom Brady and his longevity. I doubt he's hitting deads and squats in the 6-10 rep range to failure. He's probably doing alot of stuff with mobility, bands, stretching, daily massage.

Had a friend who I went high school with. He actually played professionally and won a world series. This was over 25 years ago. He was an absolute freak and was throwing 95mph fastballs his senior year, and never lost a game. Just a guy with great genetics. Never did drugs, or anything of the sort.
Just a superior gifted athlete..

Had a friend who I went high school with. He actually played professionally and won a world series. This was over 25 years ago. He was an absolute freak and was throwing 95mph fastballs his senior year, and never lost a game. Just a guy with great genetics. Never did drugs, or anything of the sort.
Just a superior gifted athlete..
Good lord. Did he ever need Tommy John surgery? It seems alot of these flame thrower are having to get at some point. I think the reds have a young guy Green is his name, lighting up the gun. Love watching a guy who can hit over 100.

These high school, college and professional athletes are not on PEDs…. Not all of them & likely not the ones tossing 95+

What’s happening is professional college and high school level ball programs are starting to see a mass influx in tournament & travel team ball players. A lot of these kids started playing tournaments and travel ball when they started coaches pitch around six years old. They’re not playing recreational league baseball where you might practice once a week and you may play one or two games a week. At 6U they are starting to practice these kids two and three days a week for an hour and a half to two hours a day and on the weekend they go and play in a tournament around town or out of state typically the first day Saturday is Paul play and they’re playing 2 to 3 games on Saturday to determine their placement in the bracket for a single or double elimination tournament on Sunday.

A lot of these coaches came up through a top-notch SEC collegiate program, studied psychology, bio mechanics, kinesiology and have developed their own training protocols for high school, College and even professional baseball that are being used.

A lot of these coaches are not worried about winning a baseball tournament, are getting a ring or being the best team in the league. There are so many coaches out there that are more interested in developing kids and players to play at the next level. The level of play from a rec league ball team compared to a tournament our travel team is not even comparable and a traditional rec league baseball team will not ever be able to compete with a travel or tournaments team simply because the tournaments and travel team has played at least 40 more games per season in fall or summer and has likely had 40 to 50 more practices on top of that.

I’ve seen a handful of kids get burnt out playing travel and tournament ball including my son but the ones who don’t get burnt out and who love the game their level of playing is remarkable you can watch the Little League World Series and watch those 11 to 13 year old kids play and it’s amazing how good that they can sealed, how sharp they are, how their situational awareness is on point and how every single player on that team can make contact and crush the ball and hit the ball in whatever field they need to depending on where the pitch comes in.

I know three high school kids right now around my area that are in 10th and 11th grade and they are throwing 88+ It’s their craft and there’s parents spend a few thousand dollars at least twice a year to send them to a local pitching camp that’s put on by one of the very few pitching coaches in the United States that works office biomechanics. I’ve personally seen him take a kid on day one of the camp and he was throwing 81 mph in by the end of the first day by working with him and changing his delivery in Orem slot because of his bio mechanics and how he was built he added 8 miles to his fastball and was throwing 88 at the end of the first day.

You don’t have to be strong to pitch, it’s mostly levers & pivot points & weight transfer that generate velocity. You have to be able to recover so you can’t throw them too hard and they have to be built up to that. With that many kids that you see even adults throwing that hard there’s probably that many of them also sitting the bench due to torn rotator cuff‘s and other injuries that they didn’t take care of or their coach or their parent push them too far.

One of my kids just turned 11, going into the 6th grade and he is 5’9. 11 years old, still a baby and he got clocked throwing 68mph. That’s freaking fast from 46-50’ mound. No one can hit him with a good change up and a moving 2 seam. But when they do it’s got some exit speed.

But my point is we have a whole lot more coaches that are developing players at a younger age to move up to the next level and each coach is building off of that. I just spent 3500 for one of them to play spring league that starts in February and they start practicing at the end of September and these are top notch programs. 25 years ago when I was just starting to play baseball travel teams were unheard of they were around but the only time you got to play is if you were the best of the best and now everywhere you look they have travel teams and you don’t have to be good to be on one you just have to put up the money and they will develop your kid and make him good as long as he has the raw talent.

So kudos to the players for putting in the hard work and props to the coaches who have been studying bio mechanics and psychology to help develop players mentally also. I’m sure there are a handful of athletes that are using PEDs to try to help them but I don’t believe the PDs are going to get them to the next level hard work and dedication is going to get them to the next level maybe the PD‘s might help them last longer. But I know the kids that I’ve coached and I’ve been around and they’re probably clueless to the Darkside.

Sorry for the long message I’m on Night Shift lol

Good lord. Did he ever need Tommy John surgery? It seems alot of these flame thrower are having to get at some point. I think the reds have a young guy Green is his name, lighting up the gun. Love watching a guy who can hit over 100.
They have a Lotta young men having to get the surgeries because they have been pushed a little bit too hard and too soon and have not built up a good base before they started throwing 85+

The amount of force that you put on your body tendons ligaments and muscles from 60 mph to 50 mph is not significant at all, from 70 mph to 60 mph it’s not that significant of a power increase either but when you drop to 80 mph it almost triples and then when you hit 90 mph it increases by 5xs I think I was told The strain put on the the body. Everybody wants to throw hard and fast but they don’t want to keep it slow and do the work to build their legs and shoulder up to handle it. It’s sad, there is someone I saw the other day that threw 107 mph. Like wtf!!!!!

To the original poster.. It is clear you have done very little research on the subject (which is why you are asking so many questions) that you should know before posing an argument or question about this. The game has really cleaned up its act and the steroid era has been over for a long time. I would venture to say that there is a miniscule percentage of players using PED's in baseball anymore. Bat speed has little to nothing to do with PED's. Professional hitters don't really have problems hitting a fastball traveling 95-100mph. Obviously some are better than others but they make adjustments (unless you are Joey Gallo). The hardest part about hitting a baseball is the movement and the command of the pitcher that is able to locate balls that have late movement or "life" on them. Also - arm angles, hiding the ball for longer (harder to pick-up) and not having tendencies as to "tip" your pitches are important.

IMO, GH is very hard to test for - in fact, I am not even sure blood testing was approved by the MLBPA in a renewed agreement. You would really have to have some terrible luck to get popped for GH. Not only that, but I doubt TRT is allowed. Who is your source for Trout having GH? He is getting injured a fair amount the last few years and the truth is these generational talents like Judge, Trout and the other top players in MLB are not going to risk their legacy or image for screwing around with hormones. I also think the people testing positive for deca or nandrolone probably think it's something else - or they are such fringe amateurs that they don't care to look into it enough to at least give themselves a punchers chance at passing a PED test. Testing once during the season and playoffs and not at all in the offseason sounds like a pointless plan to curb PED use so I am not sure of the validity of those claims either.

You will find a lot of guys that get popped are minorities in/from DR and Central America or fringe players that are in the minors and trying to find a way forward...not stable MLB guys.
Completely agree.

You all can’t possibly be naive enough to think he got popped for taking a substance found in ring worm medicine.
What else is he going to say?
He didn’t even try to appeal the decision.
It’s pretty obvious this guy isnt the brightest bulb.
I use 500mg of test for dry skin :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members