advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What are some of your favorite Bodybuilding books?

Geardepot

Guaranteed Sponsor
Registered
Sponsors
As I got into bodybuilding I was a sponge for knowledge or any sort. I remember in my early days reading Dorian Yates book, i think it was called blood and guts. I read Mike Mentzers Book and that one really changed my mind set on training, it was the first time i was exposed to any sort of HIT training and i loved it! .. Here are some others I remember reading-
Arnolds Encyclopedia
Jay Cutler ceo Muscle
Flex Wheelers Flex ability
Legal Muscle By Rick Collins I bought this one at an olympia expo and I remember reading it that next week. it was really interesting!
I read one by Arthur Jones, but I can't remember what it was called?
I read several by Franco Columbo, he was really an intelligent bber. I think he is a chiro as well?
Larry scott loaded guns

I am sure there are a lot more as I have a bookcase full of them, but those are some of the good ones I really liked.

I would always read my monthly flex and Md that came in the mail, but reading those books really had an effect on me. I was just curious if any of you had read some neat bbing books that effected you?

Anabolic Primer is a very educational book, lot of good info in there and good profiles on certain gear

I believe I read Pumping Iron before I saw the movie

Also 3 More Reps was good back then

Of course Arnold's first book, Education Of A Bodybuilder

Jay gave me a copy of Arnold's last book, Total Recall. That was pretty good too.

Years ago, this is the book I read over and over and still influences my training to this day. I really looked up to Franco Columbo.

Attachments

• columbo.jpg
    columbo.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 327
Any article by dan duchaine and Eating for Life as a diet book.

Years ago, this is the book I read over and over and still influences my training to this day. I really looked up to Franco Columbo.

Ha! I have that one as well. I really liked franco. You could tell he was a 'thinker' and a very intelligent guy. Its kinda fun to get out the old collection of bbing books and see them all marked up. I used to take notes in all of mine just like my school text books.

Jay gave me a copy of Arnold's last book, Total Recall. That was pretty good too.

I read that total recall by Arnold too. It didn't have to much to do with bbing, or anything like that but it was a great insight into arnolds life. It was really cool to read and see how far he came from being a little dude in Austria.. The end of it made me sad though, it kinda sucks he screwed things up with the wife and he's ending out his life alone.

The book was a good read though, I would defiantly recommend that to anyone who things life has put some limitations on them. When you think about it, Arnold overcame so many things in life. He talks about how directors would make fun of him when he was auditioning for movie rolls and he had a hard time finding an agent because of his thick accent and a name that no one could pronounce. LOL, its funny to see him now as everyone knows exactly how to pronounce his last name and all you have to do is say "Arnold" in a deep german accent and everyone knows who your talking about!~

Wait, they made a book about Pumping Iron, too? The movie is really boring so I imagine the book being way worse lol.

I've never read his book, but I've seen some pretty good reviews on Shelby's books and you can pretty much guarantee anything that John Meadows puts on paper is gold.

Arnold's Encylapedia
Anabolics 2005
I own both, wealth of basic knowledge in each.

lewellyns anabolics (or however the fuck you spell his name) :cool:

Bodyopus by Duchaine had a huge impact on me. It really got me thinking about manipulating diet to get the results I wanted.

lewellyns anabolics (or however the fuck you spell his name) :cool:

Oh ya! I forgot about that one. I remember having that on the shelf when guests would come over and they would see it and pull it out wondering what the hell it was? ... lol..

Its a little outdated now a days as most of the manufacturers of the products in there are old and out of business now, but the info on each of the steroids was great! Thats a great book to read if your just getting into bbing and the drug side of things.

I enjoy books from the following authors:
Dan duchaine
Lyle mcdonald
Alan aragon
William llewynn

I'm surprised that Stuart McRobert hasn't been mentioned yet. From the stuff I've seen, his work is directed at drug-free athletes and hard-gainers, but at one time all of us were at least one of the two of those.

"Getting Stronger" by Bill Pearl. It was the first bodybuilding book I ever bought and to this day I believe has the best information about the basics of training, range of motion, muscle activity, etc..

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear