over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

what are the Best vegetables to have with dinner

fadz

Newbies
I usually have my dinner with chicken or fish,what are the best vegetables to have with either one of these dishes,cheers.

I usually have my dinner with chicken or fish,what are the best vegetables to have with either one of these dishes,cheers.

Green ones :)
I prefer brocolis or green beans.

i usually have broccoli,carrots,cauliflowers,peas,baby corns,is there anything there i should get rid of and replace it with:cool:

Got this from another thread, by Chris Aceto. The link is at the bottom.

BEST VEGETABLES
For Getting Cut | Broccoli and Cauliflower
These low-calorie veggies provide compounds called indoles, which can lower oestrogen levels in the body.Oestrogen helps facilitate the storage of bodyfat. Honourable mention for best vegetable goes to asparagus, which exerts a diuretic effect to temporarily enhance muscle definition.
For Adding Mass | Peas and Corn
OK, peas and corn technically fall into the complex-carb category more than the “vegetable” category. They share many of the attributes of veggies, such as fibre and phytonutrients, but they yield many more calories than other veggies, so they are a natural for mass gainers. Still, keep in mind that mass-seeking bodybuilders often neglect vegetables, believing themto be “diet food”. Actually, the body needs vegetables to enhance digestion and as a source of fibre, vitamins and minerals to keep the immune system healthy and to help the body properly use the amino acids and complex carbs it is getting. With the advent of shakes and the desire for more protein, a complete lack of vegetables may be one of the biggest shortfalls of many would-be mass-gaining diet plans.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/recipes-forum/49768-best-foods.html

i usually have broccoli,carrots,cauliflowers,peas,baby corns,is there anything there i should get rid of and replace it with:cool:
skipp the corn. and steam me some broccoli and cauliflower. man thats the shiznet. just my 2 cents.
i like corn but im type 2 so not much corn for that reason.

taste

The kind that tastes good. If you are on ketosis diet low carb veggies are probably the best.

I buy bags of FROZEN Broccoli and carrots, cauliflower and just microwave them with my protein im eating them with.

Very quick..

Dont buy frozen vegetables because they are shit. Fresh is the best! If you want to lean, eat Green Vegetables. Problem with Starchy Vegetables is that they can turn into sugar and store as fat.

Dont buy frozen vegetables because they are shit. Fresh is the best! If you want to lean, eat Green Vegetables. Problem with Starchy Vegetables is that they can turn into sugar and store as fat.

Shit how so??? Is there more fat in frozen or something?? :D

Im looking for a quick way to make my broccoli. I have the thing to steam it but taking a handful of brocc and putting it in a bowl for 3 minutes is so damn easy and quick....... :p

Are they reallly that bad????????? Can i get away with them?? Let me know and thanks for answering!!! :star-wars

I'm not sure where you live but up here in Canada where produce may travel 3000 miles in the back of a truck from Mexico out off season, frozen veg has more nutritional value much of the time.

alaska

I'm not sure where you live but up here in Canada where produce may travel 3000 miles in the back of a truck from Mexico out off season, frozen veg has more nutritional value much of the time.

I lived in Alaska for a number of years and all produce had to be flown in daily to the supermarkets, nonetheless, the produce was just as fresh as I would get in California. ETA for delivery was no different than to the local markets in California. Airplanes transported the products instead of trucks. I had pay an arm and a leg for it but it was fresh.

I like all greens....and stay away from everything else. Asparagus (sp?) is awesome shit, I love it...but hate the smell of my piss after it. I like peas as well and green beans.... Don't buy frozen shit unless you have to! Spinach in also awesome, that I think you are fine if you buy in a can as well, don't quote me. If your leaning out, I like to stay away from sodium and sometimes thats added in those canned foods to make it taste better so always read your labels.

is it safe to add some sauce to give these veggies some needed flavour:confused::D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws