over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What are you reading now?

I'm a big Pinker fan Hawkmoon and have been meaning to give this a read. A colleague at work read it and said how fascinating it is.
Definitely gonna grab it now. I'm a big non-fiction guy.

2 I just finished were Shoe Dog by Phil Knight (read it like 2 years ago, and just reread it)
AND The Ride of a Lifetime by Robert Iger (best book I've read in a long time).

The Iger book is 1/2 memoir, 1/2 detailed leadership book. I dig that shit and read it in 3 days.
I also have Jordan Peterson's 12 Rules For Life sitting on my desk and I SHOULD read it.

You remind me that I have listened to a lot of Peterson but haven't picked up on of his books yet. In general I like him, Sam Harris, and Gad Saad.

"Starship Troopers"- Robert Heinlein SciFi military (not into SciFi. read it because it's a classic. Just ok imo)

I like Heinlein a lot. I enjoyed Starship Troopers. Did you you find the nuances in regards to the nuclear situation at the time interesting? Some critics felt it glorified the military too much; I disagree myself.

"The Splendid and the Vile" by Erik Larson. It's about Winston Churchill's time as PM during WWII.

Becoming a Supple Leopard by Dr Kelly Starrett... Hoping to learn more about mobility if there's forced downtime from training.

Very good read. LOTS of good info in there. Its worth it to pull up his YouTube videos too. Some of that shit in there is hard to understand when read, much easier when you see it.

I just started reading the Wheel of Time series. The tv adaptation is coming soon on Amazon.

Not quite full-on sci-fi, but I've been re-reading a lot of my favorite Kurt Vonnegut novels recently. Slaughterhouse-Five, Breakfast of Champions, Cat's Cradle, Sirens of Titan...I love his writing style that blends bits of absurdity, humor, and morbidity all together.

Just finished reading The Stranger by Albert Camus (short read). Should probably re-read his novel "The Plague" next, given the current situation of the world...

Good one I read a few years back, I don't read a lot anymore, is Another Bullshit Night In Suck City by Nick Flynn. The book is very good and the movie based on it is decent too.

You remind me that I have listened to a lot of Peterson but haven't picked up on of his books yet. In general I like him, Sam Harris, and Gad Saad.
I've read the 12 rules. I listen to Dave Rubin who toured with Peterson. I usually like what he has to say.

Becoming a Supple Leopard by Dr Kelly Starrett... Hoping to learn more about mobility if there's forced downtime from training.
Very good read. LOTS of good info in there. Its worth it to pull up his YouTube videos too. Some of that shit in there is hard to understand when read, much easier when you see it.
Starrett seems to always be talking over my head, so I agree with OtherOne, videos are definitely easier to follow than his book.

Just finished reading The Stranger by Albert Camus (short read).
That's a book that shows how life can take a major turn for the worse in a hurry.

For those who like older SciFic, I read Planet of the Apes many years ago. It was written in the 60's, and it had a real surprise ending.

Id like to read Planet of the Apes. I loved the first 2 movies. We had the original on super 8 film!

I'm reading Measure What Matters by John Doerr. It's a financial and marketing book, recommended to me by my CFO after I took over as marketing director.

I like Heinlein a lot. I enjoyed Starship Troopers. Did you you find the nuances in regards to the nuclear situation at the time interesting? Some critics felt it glorified the military too much; I disagree myself.

Then you must have read Time Enough for Love, a novel by Robert Heinlein.
As I have said before, science fiction is not my favorite genre, but this is one
of my favorite books with Lazarus Long being one of my favorite characters.

Alfresco's "Time Enough" reminded me of Matt Haig's How To Stop Time. It's about a guy born in the late 1500's, and he's one of the very few people who have this medical condition where they age normally until about age 13 and then they age at 1/15th the rate of everyone else. Consequently, they live very looooong lives. If you like "time travel" books, of sorts, I think you'll like it.

In Pursuit of Giant Bass by Bill Murphy. Guess my other passion! LOL

In the last 10-12 weeks, Oxford Textbook of Global Public Health, Clarkes Analytical Forensic Toxicology, Clinical Case Conundrums: Challenging Diagnoses in Hospital Medicine, Primer of EEG, Understanding Trademark Law, and Astrophysics for People in a Hurry.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131