over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What are YOU training for?

There is something that is so satisfying about lifting rediculously heavy stuff!! It makes me feel more like a man and be more in touch with myself.. Sitting behind a desk all day really takes away from who we are as men and its good to get in touch with that again.. Plus being bigger and better looking than everyone else is a perk in its own...

2010 mid illinois -april 3rd

2010 midwest open -april 10th

2010 illinois state -may

to be the best Shelby I can be

to be the best Shelby I can be

I respect your response, I feel the same way. I should have elaborated more. Honestly I was never in this for the chici chics or the attention. Japan has always like big guys and fighters and buy me drink girls are the norm. I think for myself and there is nothing wrong with being vain, to each his/her own I always say. But for me it's like Shelby said and for me it was all about representing my home.:eek: And now as I am older it is about self-fullfilment and move on.

I'm training to look better. Plain and simple. I don't lie to myself about it.

Like buselmo I like a little extra female attention even if I do have a great woman.

Bingo, I'm loyal to my woman, but what guy doesn't like the extra attention, it sure boosts the confidence. Asside from that obviously health, longevitiy, works as a natural anti-depressant/stress reliever, I feel it puts the pieces of the puzzle together that is my life.

To reverse years over sissy genetics! My body is programmed to be a fat, hot tempered, heart attack waiting to happen, numb feet diabetic walking, not going to live past 60 male! I find this unacceptable to put it in so few words. I'm not joking either, my father and his brothers all had diabetes (his mother and father also) most had heart attacks (father 4)!!

Scares the shit out of me. Plus what gives me any hope though is i did not see them try to improve on themselves and i do try. All just about making money and lots of it and to hell with their health. As long as the suit is nice they have on of course....drived me nuts *notice the past tense wording* most are not here anymore due to health or other problems

This is why i get so weird if i have can not lift due to an injury. I feel like i will lose my drive and end up like them.

Last edited:
For me I just feel so much better when I'm training vs. when I'm not. Once I got more consistent about it, I started to feel so much better physically and mentally. I also really like the discipline that it takes and the fact that you alone are ultimately accountable for your progress or lack thereof.

My next big gay for pay shoot. They might pay me to wrestle around some skinny boys and tweak their nips. Nothing a normal lockerroom wouldn't have anyway. Right?

That... or the 2010 season. Hopefully the Pittsburgh if my boob tear is okay. If not, I'll be training for rehab post surgery.

I was tall and scrawny growing up. lifting makes me feel good. Great stress relief as well. I'll never be a pro, but I'm achieving my goals one pound at a time.

2010 South Eastern USA

Then 2010 Jr Usa (probably to get my ass handed to me, but I hope not)

purely for fun. oh, and body image. looks r everything, righjt?
growin up puny gave me a complex!

I train for many reasons, health, body image, etc. plus, I just enjoy it. Have a long term goal to compete in the 50 and over division in a state show in 2 years. Just want to experience the competitive process at least once. Plus, I like being told I look 35 when I am actually 48. I guess the main reason is, I refuse to grow old gracefully. Plan to train till I draw my last breath.

Best,

Mike aka Lycan

Attachments

• HPIM1136.JPG
    HPIM1136.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 69
I train for a few reasons...for one, bodybuilding is one of the only sports I can say I'm somewhat "good" at. I enjoy playing with my diet and training, it's like my own little science project. Also, I like the way I look and feel. I don't believe most people that say they don't do it to get attention. There is certainly something about the way people look at me when I'm in shape that is almost addictive. And finally, I do have competitive aspirations for the near future.

Pretty much same as you brother. I've never been that great at sports, yet once I got into bodybuilding, I loved the fact that I could accel in it so quickly.

I've always had projects in my life, whether it was building the fastest street car or trying to treat my girl like a princess. When I started bodybuilding, it quickly became another one of my projects, except this project wasn't someone else or working on an object, but it was actual my very own body. I was in complete control of me and the way I looked. By making a few tweaks here in there, I can put on more size or burn off bodyfat. I do it because the science behind it is so interesting. It takes a vast amount of knowledge and dedication to be good at bodybuilding. I don't compete, but I would say that for the short amount of time that I've been serious with it, I've done pretty well so far (went from 178 at 9.5% bodyfat to 225 at 11% bodyfat in a year). Being able to actually dedicate myself to something that produces such great results, in such a short amount of time, on my own body no less...that's probably what has kept me so hooked. Also the fact that it is never-ending. It's not that I reach a certain point and then stop. No, you keep wanting to get bigger or leaner. Always changing.

And hell, I love being in the gym, I love the attention, and I love having somethign to myself. When I sit down with my chicken breast, sweet potato, and brocolli while others are eating mcdonald's, it gives me a feeling of superiority.

Oh and one more thing...I think it has kept me out of trouble. Since I have focused on my body, I no longer drink any alcohol, I stay away from all rec drugs, and all my free time has been taken up by bodybuilding so I have no time to get into any trouble if you know what I mean.

I could go on and on...but bodybuilding has been great to me. I hope to do it for as long as possible and I may compete if I get good enough and have the nerve to get on stage.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131