over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What are your favorite chest building exercises

Flat barbell
Incline barbell
Weight Dips for reps and short rest periods blow my chest out after the first 2 excersices

After a few weeks i throw in some flat /incline dumbells.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I must do DB flys wrong...I can't feel it in my chest...just biceps and front delts

I do like those incline smith presses like John meadows does where the bar comes down to your neck.

I must do DB flys wrong...I can't feel it in my chest...just biceps and front delts

I do like those incline smith presses like John meadows does where the bar comes down to your neck.

Look up Johns dumbbell press/flye combo on youtube. I really feel those in my pecs. The pause presses that he does where you stop two inches above the chest for 2 seconds, then bring the bar all the way down and touch, and then fire it back up explosively always destroys me too

I'm not asking which chest movement is best

I'm asking what chest movements are best "FOR YOU" in terms of building size. I understand that everyone is different and what works for some doesn't work for others.

I personally can't go heavy on any barbell pressing movement with seriously pissing off my shoulders no matter what stretches and warm ups I do so I stick to dumbells and machines.

It seems for me lately that dumbells at a slight incline and a decline machine has been making more notable gains than before (gym doesn't have declined bench)

So what do you find has caused the best growth for your chest
I'm 105kg dips seem to do my chest wonders.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Smith Machine inclines brought to the chin
Floor bridge press - do a glute bridge making it a decline, with the ability to add body english, and shoot for 20 reps
Dumbbell flys

Weighted dips has been a go-to of mine for size and strength.
Triceps get worked and my chest grows like a weed.

Incline pressing (db, hammer or smith machine) is a close second.

Weighted dips has been a go-to of mine for size and strength.
Triceps get worked and my chest grows like a weed.

Incline pressing (db, hammer or smith machine) is a close second.
We both agree! I always say find what works for you and progressively overload with those exercises. What might work best for one person, may be sub-optimal for another. One thing is for sure, pretty much everything works to a degree.

I've never tried these always have meant to but never did. What is the biggest benefit from going off floor?

Saves the shoulders and allows you to overload the weight.

Weighted dips and low incline bench press. I get as much of a stretch at the bottom movement as I can, and never fully lockout at the top of the movement to keep constant tension on the muscle.

This has worked the best for me.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Swiss bar flat press and all neutral grip db presses have been superior to any pronated grip presss for me

Any kind of incline press
Dips
Flat DB press

For many years I was a huge fan of decline presses and dips. All I do these days is Hammer Strength incline with moderate weight and high reps in the 15-20 range. No pain or injuries and pleased with the results!

I have just discovered band resistant push-ups.These are fantastic for my new chest developement.

My chest responds pretty easily to everything but for ME it's:

Incline bench. Barbell and Dumbell
Flat bench. Barbell and Dumbell
Incline Flys. Dumbell and cable
Pec Dek.
Dips.
Push ups

I do all rep ranges.

Incline smith but at lower angle than normal..bar brought low on chest so elbows travel downward...chest held high

high incline smith presses to clavicles with 2 second pause but again elbows have to travel downward and chest held high or these can wreck shoulders

Hammer strength both decline and incline presses but done with only one arm and slightly wider than normal....other arm holds rack for balance....chest held high again

Hoist makes a great free weight incline machine but only if you do it with feet on floor and chest high again

For anyone who does any sort of chest press machine (incline flat or decline) whose shoulders hurt doing that machine press try this little tip.

Raise rib cage high, shoulders pinned back and chest held high with full breath of air in....and then press bar one inch (so the weight is off the racks)....now start your press from there....the "one inch off the rack start". Do that on every single rep...weight comes back down, reset your body (chest high, ribcage up, full breath of air in)..and push it off the rack one inch....and then press.

You will see alot of shoulder problems that happen from not being set up properly disappear

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131