over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What daily supplements do you take and why

If one is using, I can't seeing HMB having any merit. I believe the biggest contribution it may offer at the right dosage throughout the day it anti catabolic affects.....doubt it will help you gain muscle or lose weight. That being said, I'm not an expert and it could have it's place.

Yea I agree. I just kept seeing positive studies in muscular development articles so figured id try it out but I never bought more.

HMB

I need to buy MD again. I used to read that magazine all the time, but haven't grabbed one in years. MD typically has a lot of good information that's so useful. There does seem to be some valuable info coming out about HMB. I need to see what I can dig up on it. I'm not sure what it is, but there something fascinating about it when taken at the right amount.

Maybe a mix of both :D

But thanks and I was using CB from Jarrow but I dropped it for the time being. I think it's a good idea for people to use on blasts though.

Yes you def look like you packed on some mass, but still diced up! I thought that was the brand, but a few months back Amazon didn't have it in stock. Bck in stock now and time to order. Thanks.

Why? It's a proven substance
Cant find arjuna where I live :/
No its not. You need to read up. Stop listening to meatheads at gym for supplement advice. In 2008, the FDA determined that red yeast rice products that contained more than trace amounts of monacolin K (the statin like compound similar to lovastatin that can help lower cholesterol) was considered an “unapproved new drug” and cannot be sold legally as dietary supplements in US. Big pharma attacked a useful competitor, surprise. The result is, any of these products currently on market are basically worthless. Yet gym bros abound keep recommending it based on 1998 red yeast rice that actually had viable amounts of monacolin K. Now in other countries (maybe where you are?) there may be brands with monacolin K amounts worth a shit.

If you're in US and you want to improve cholesterol with an otc compound, try Jarrow citrus bergamot.

Knowing is half the battle.

Last edited:
I need to buy MD again. I used to read that magazine all the time, but haven't grabbed one in years. MD typically has a lot of good information that's so useful. There does seem to be some valuable info coming out about HMB. I need to see what I can dig up on it. I'm not sure what it is, but there something fascinating about it when taken at the right amount.

I still subscribe because it's nice to have an issue when I'm flying and need to occupy myself. Their science section is actually pretty good

No its not. You need to read up. Stop listening to meatheads at gym for supplement advice. In 2008, the FDA determined that red yeast rice products that contained more than trace amounts of monacolin K (the statin like compound similar to lovastatin that can help lower cholesterol) was considered an “unapproved new drug” and cannot be sold legally as dietary supplements in US. Big pharma attacked a useful competitor, surprise. The result is, any of these products currently on market are basically worthless. Yet gym bros abound keep recommending it based on 1998 red yeast rice that actually had viable amounts of monacolin K. Now in other countries (maybe where you are?) there may be brands with monacolin K amounts worth a shit.

If you're in US and you want to improve cholesterol with an otc compound, try Jarrow citrus bergamot.

Knowing is half the battle.

I'm from Europe, the pharma industry is trying to get it under the term medication. I dont listen to meatheads in the gym, I did my research and found that it's a supp worth taking. Plenty of good studies on pubmed on it.

Of course I agree with the fact that if you can't get 'good' ryr you're kinda throwing money away

I'm from Europe, the pharma industry is trying to get it under the term medication. I dont listen to meatheads in the gym, I did my research and found that it's a supp worth taking. Plenty of good studies on pubmed on it.

Of course I agree with the fact that if you can't get 'good' ryr you're kinda throwing money away
Yes, that's different. Hopefully they aren't successful there like they were here killing RYR. If you can get a reputable brand with high levels of monacolin K, it can be similar to very low dose lovastatin. But I'd guess there's not too many brands with that level out there, even in Europe. Due to its attack from pharma, RYR use/demand has dropped off significantly. What's on the market here does nothing.

Last edited:
ACES + Zinc and a Stress B-Complex with C

Probiotic AM formulation and PM formulation

both for general health

Yes, that's different. Hopefully they aren't successful there like they were here killing RYR. If you can get a reputable brand with high levels of monacolin K, it can be similar to very low dose lovastatin. But I'd guess there's not too many brands with that level out there, even in Europe. Due to its attack from pharma, RYR use/demand has dropped off significantly. What's on the market here does nothing.

Yamamoto does sell ryr with 10mg monacoline k in it, at a very Nice price too. Pharma industrie tries to get it forbidden to sell ryr tho as it's a 'medicine'

If one is using, I can't seeing HMB having any merit. I believe the biggest contribution it may offer at the right dosage throughout the day it anti catabolic affects.....doubt it will help you gain muscle or lose weight. That being said, I'm not an expert and it could have it's place.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4534402/

It's in my list but I am pretty keen on protecting and repairing my brain/nerves these days. Berberine is there over met for this reasoning as well. ALCAR https://www.salubrainous.com/acetyl-l-carnitine-for-neuropathy/

Saw a study once showing ALCAR enhances or improves the recovery of the nerves to pre-injury state where as often regenerated nerves maybe less functional but I can't find it.

HMB,Alcar, VitC, ALA, MethylB12, benfotiamine , melatonin, cardarine(10mg), milk thistle, DHA, mega epa/dha turmeric, anavar (10 sometimes 20mg or skip)

I like to use a good quality Pine Pollen Extract 20:1. Mixes real nice with anything and tastes great by itself. VERY soluble.
Thing about this SUPER FOOD is that it contains just about everything you will EVER think of in terms of nutrients,vitamins mineral etc...ALL from a NON-SYNTHETIC source.
I like it, Im going to use this website for info so i don't have to copy paste everything on there, I am in no way involved or affiliated with this company, in fact I buy my Pine Pollen locally in powder form at a fraction of the marketed cost.
Take a look, its interesting.

https://www.pinepollensuperfoods.com/blog/2018/1/17/whats-in-pine-pollen-a-nutritional-overview

I like to use a good quality Pine Pollen Extract 20:1. Mixes real nice with anything and tastes great by itself. VERY soluble.
Thing about this SUPER FOOD is that it contains just about everything you will EVER think of in terms of nutrients,vitamins mineral etc...ALL from a NON-SYNTHETIC source.
I like it, Im going to use this website for info so i don't have to copy paste everything on there, I am in no way involved or affiliated with this company, in fact I buy my Pine Pollen locally in powder form at a fraction of the marketed cost.
Take a look, its interesting.

https://www.pinepollensuperfoods.com/blog/2018/1/17/whats-in-pine-pollen-a-nutritional-overview
Literally never heard a single person ever mention this before. Odd.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4534402/

It's in my list but I am pretty keen on protecting and repairing my brain/nerves these days. Berberine is there over met for this reasoning as well. ALCAR https://www.salubrainous.com/acetyl-l-carnitine-for-neuropathy/

Saw a study once showing ALCAR enhances or improves the recovery of the nerves to pre-injury state where as often regenerated nerves maybe less functional but I can't find it.

HMB,Alcar, VitC, ALA, MethylB12, benfotiamine , melatonin, cardarine(10mg), milk thistle, DHA, mega epa/dha turmeric, anavar (10 sometimes 20mg or skip)

I have in depth knowledge and experience with all that you mentioned besides Anavar. I used to use Alcar, but have neglected. I do use ALA. I know the two are supposed to work better together, but I’m taking enough stuff to help mitochondrial

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member