advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

what do u think about non-hormonal supplements?

dudeface

Registered
I would like to get some input on what people think about non-hormonal supplements such as BioTivia Bioforge. I know this a "professional" message board so what do the pros think and what natural supplements are being used? thanks bros

I think I have wasted my money in the past years on lots of these types of supplements...

Once you go with hormonal supps, it's hard to quit. There is no question if they work! If they don't, they are fake.

I would say the basic supplements that add to your nutritional intake are good, such as a decent protein that doesn't tear up your guts or give you the shits, some other things such as Humanofort, BCAAs, maybe even creatine.

I really try to get most of my nutrition through diet these days. I don't waste ANY money on over-hyped supplements anymore!

I'll be honest with you man, for the first 2 years of me trying to get in great shape I fell into the hype.

2 years later, I learned one crucial thing...pay for what works, and stick to that.

I'm too young to use any hormones, I'm a natural and probably one of the few that are on this great board. But even then I don't use any of those normal supplements. Just get good quality protein, vitamins, and creatine.

If you got the cash, and want the fun of it...the best OTC buy is a pre-workout. GDA's are also worth the cash, but buying bulk raw and making your own could be the best of both worlds. 99% of these t-boosters and other products are overpriced crap. I spent so much money first year thinking I was going to look like Frank McGrath, little did I know...

My 2 cents

-- protein (pbly like lean beef aminos best at this point)
-- pre-workouts (I rotate brands)
-- fish oil
-- beta-alanine (helps my shoulder inflammation for some reason)
-- liver supps
-- curcumin (anti-inflammatory)
-- occasional l-dopa (mucuna)
-- occasional saw palmetto

most other stuff I avoid. Creatine - many swear by it, but it upsets my digestion (I have Crohn's). Taurine: makes my shoulder ache - no idea why. Never noticed anything from stuff like trib, tongkat, etc.

Off to take some LBAs ...;)

key supps for myself....

With today’s chemically enhanced food products from meats down to the veggies it is without a doubt harder for our bodies to stay that perfect oiled machine we all want it to be! Our bodies try its best to suck up the minerals and vitamins and protein from each meal but I don't think today’s meals truly satisfy our engine!! We all put in hard days of work and working out so the toll from that each day adds up fast and hard!
Needed to say that cause I believe in Eating first but I add in what the food is lacking to my engine!!

Basic Work-out supplements to have on hand for each day for me is following:
Whey Protein (Dymatize Elite whey protein is great!!)
Liquid Creatine
Fiber
Acidophillis (Promotes Digestive Health)
Milk Thistle or Drink all natural Lemon Juice it's great for the liver!!!
Vitamin C
BCAA
Multi vitamin
Minerals
Drink Tea (not the sugar down stuff) Tea bags in hot water!!
Drink h20
Glutamine
Glucosamine
Vitamin D
Vitamin B12
Was taking some Novedex XT for Test boost but its off the market.

Sounds like it may have a high price tag but it doesn't at all compared to how long the supps will last and benefit the user! SO like always keys are DIET, DIET, weights, Cardio, DIET!!!

cool. thanks for the input. personally I liked bioforge added at the end of a hdrol pct. its pricey though.

Maybe I'm all wrong, and maybe because I was more into bodybuilding in the mid 80's to mid 90's, but I liked orchic, beta sitosterol, and dibencozide. Perhaps it was all in my mind. But I miss the old school supps. Most stuff these days is high price. I wonder though, of legal supps today, what is the most effective for all around BB results?

Well, jay cutler and branch Warren have gotten huge from MuscleTech!!!:D:D

The only muscle buildind sup I use is creatine and i am a very good responder to good old fashioned monohydrate despite all the fancy studies saying we cant digest it and need these new expensive types which i cant even remember the name off. apart from that and the obvious vitamins and fish oil etc my cash goes on good old fashioned testosterone and ghrp and more importantly steak eggs milk and oats an shit

I like creatine, beta-alanine, and glutamine.

i only use a multi and fishoil...ive wasted enough over the years. i spend less with our sponsors supps and steak and eggs

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member