over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

what do you bros know about myostatin

preist943

Registered
are the new blockers comeing out as good as they say or is this just more mag hype to sell shit

Don't know a whole lot about Myostatin. Never wanted to use it myself, thus i never really got into studying it.

As for anything over the counter supplement that claims to do anything......99.9% of the time it's BS. I think once every 5-10 years a product somes out thats actually worth a damn.

i know myostatin can be disabled in cattle as i have seen a pic of a jacked steer LOL! i really dont think biotest and or any other otc supplement would do anything out of the ordinary... marketing scam for the suckers once again! i chalk it up to a boron, hmb ploy, LOL

yea and i did read the study done on cows but there is no human study yet so i was wondering if anyone knows something i dont the onley thing that blocks the myostatin in humans so far is high test in the 2g range i did read that some time ago wich might explain why ive heard that magic happens at 2g and above

just marketing hype targeting the people that are constantly searching for the "easy" way to gaining muscle without having to sacrifice, work and bleed , there is usually a product every 6 months to a year that comes out that they hype all to hell then it makes way for the next greatest thing

taken from MD report
myostatin is the bodybuilders enemy it is an anti-growth factor that puts a stop to the rate that you can increase muscle size animal studies show that muscles grow like crazy when you block the myostatin gene cattle with an abnormal gene look like there from a bodybuilders version of land of the giants a johns hopkins study by dr. alexandra mcpherron and see jin lee found that mice with defective myostatin genes had less bf% abnormal blood sugar regulation scientists are hopeful that they can develop drugs that block myostatin wich will build muscle and cut fat
(j.clin.invest,109:595-601'2002

Last edited:
I dont trust any OTC product will be very effective. If it is - dont worry, word will get around. Ive seen the pictures of that cattle.
It is a genetic mutation, and the certain brand of cattle has a special name (I forget what that is). The animal is fucking unbelievable-a mass of huge chunks of muscle! :eek:

I think the steer/cow is a Belgian Blue. I've seen it years ago when Myostatin first started making a name for itself. I was really shocked to see "triceps" so well defined on a cow.

Now that's LEAN beef!!!

I think a major drug manufacturer with unlimited amounts of funding will come up with a myostatin blocker long before a supplement company will. If you ask me, it falls into the category of 95% of the other supplements, which is useless. The biotest website says that you would have to take it for a year before you notice the effects. I think the only effects you will see is that you are a dumbass for believing it works, and your wallett will feel a whole lot lighter.

My girlfriend works in a lab and they did a study on mice with the myostatin gene blocked. I saw the mouse with my own eyes and still could not beleive it. It looked more like a bulldog than a mouse. It was running on a wheel and you could see its delts (or whatever they would be called in mice) and back muscles popping up with every step. The thing was unreal!!! And the funny thing was they gave it the exact same diet as the placebo mouse. So basically the food was being utilized MUCH better in the myostain blocked mouse. I'm tellin you guys, you could have walked this mouse on a leash. It was fucking huge!!!!

There was one problem that I found out a week later. The myostatin blocked mice died after a few months. Minor complecation!! LOL!! :D

Macdaddy said:

There was one problem that I found out a week later. The myostatin blocked mice died after a few months. Minor complecation!! LOL!! :D

Probably because of the fact that the blockage of myostatin would lead to an enlarged heart along with all other muscles.

Yeah, I beleive that is probably the case!! I don't think they selectivily blocked mystatin for skelital muscle. They just blocked it all together.

I bet you'll see someone in the bodybuilding world get their hands on this stuff in the next 5 years. And he'll be the biggest Mofo you've ever seen!!! He'll make Ronnie look like a little girl.

Its gonna get scary boys and girls!!

Macdaddy

this page did not say who wrote it i found it on a search i double checked to find the author but it didnt give his name if the owner reads this go to your site bro you forgot to write your name lol

Introduction
Myostatin was first described by McPherron et al in 1997. It is a gene which is a member of the Transforming Growth Factor-b (TGF-b) Superfamily. These genes encode secreted factors that are important for regulating embryonic development and tissue homeostasis in adults. Myostatin-null mice show a dramatic and widespread increase in skeletal muscle mass due to an increase in number of muscle fibres ( hyperplasia) and thickness of fibres (hypertrophy).

Where and When is it expressed?
During early embryogenesis myostatin is particularly important in the myotome compartment of developing somites. However myostatin also plays an important role in fully developed skeletal muscle. Myostatin controls not only fibre size but also fibre number. Muscle which is mechanically hypertrophied shows an increase in myostatin (Sakuma et al 2000). Conversely in regenerating muscle myostatin levels are reduced (Yamanouchi et al 2000).

How does it work?
In many mammalian cells cell cycle progression is inhibited by members of the TGF-b superfamily. This is done by arresting the cells in the G-1 phase of the cell cycle. This is mediated through the many elements of the complex cell cycle machinery.

Cyclin-dependent kinases (Cdks) regulate 'G1' transitions to 'S' through phosphorylation and inactivation of the retinoblastoma (Rb) protein. However p21 (which is a cyclin inhibitor) suppresses the kinase activities of the Cdk2. Myostatin works by increasing the p21 activity and thus decreasing the Cdk2 levels. This results in suppression of the Rb protein phosphorylation and concurrent cell cycle arrest of myoblasts in the G1 phase. As the diagram shows the fibre number is then regulated.

Myostatin Mutations:
Mutations in the myostatin gene has been shown to cause double muscling in cattle (Kambadur et al 1997). Mutations in Belgian blue and Piedmontese cattle occur in the 3rd exon of the myostatin gene. Ferrell et al 1999 showed that mutations can occur in exon 1 in the human genotype. Interestingly two of these mutations are polymorphic in the general population.

Future Work:
I am studying polymorphism in the myostatin gene in Scottish salmon. Identifying polymorphic loci in Scotlands farmed salmon population would be very interesting, especially if these mutations can be linked to muscle mass differences.

References:

Ferrell, R. E., Conte, V., Lawrence, E. C., Roth, S. M., Hagberg, J. M., Hurley, B. F, (1999). Frequent sequence variation in the human myostatin (GDF8) gene as a marker for analysis of muscle-related phenotypes. Genomics 62 (2); 203-207.

Grobet, L., Poncelet, D., Martin, L. J. R., Brouwers, B., et al (1998). Muscular definition of an allelic series of mutations disrupting the myostatin function and causing double-muscling in cattle. Mamm Genome. 9. 210-213.

Kambadur, R, Sharma M, Smith, T. P. L., Bass, J. J. (1997). Mutations in myostatin (GDF-8) in double muscled Belgian Blue and Piedmontese cattle. Genome Res. 7. 910-916.

McPherron, A.C, Lawler, A. M, Lee, S. J (1987). Regulation of skeletal muscle mass in mice by a new TGF-b superfamily member. Nature. 387. 87-90.

McPherron, A. C., and Lee, S. J. (1997). Double muscling in cattle due to mutations in the myostatin gene. Proc. Natl. Acad, Sci. USA. 94. 12457-61.

Sakuma, K., Watanabe, K., Sano. M., Uramoto, I., Totsuka, T. (2000). Differential Adaptation of Growth and Differentiation Factor 8/Myostatin, Fibroblast Growth Factor 6 and Leukemia Inhibitory Factor in overloaded, regenerating and denervated rat muscles. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta. 1497. pp77-88.

Thomas, M., Langley, B., Berry, C., Sharma, M., Kirk, S., Bass, J., and Kambadur, R. (2000). Myostatin, a negative regulator of muscle growth, functions by inhibiting myoblast proliferation. J. Biol. Chem. 275(51):40235-43.

Yamanouchi, K., Soeta, C., Naito, N., and Tojo, H. (2000). Expression of Myostatin Gene in Regenerating Skeletal Muscle of the Rat and its Localization. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 270. pp 510-516.

Myostatin and Myostatin Inhibitors
The Next Big Supplement Scam - Available At Store Near You!

By Paul Cribb B.H.Sci. HMS. Hons.
Director of Research, AST Sports Science.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

late last year a report in the media blew the minds of bodybuilders who were wise enough to read the AST web site daily. Research performed by scientists from the Johns Hopkins University had created "massively-muscled, Arnold Schwarzenegger-like mice" by genetically engineering animals with a missing growth regulator called myostatin.

Myostatin is a gene (Now understand that a gene is a linear sequence of nucleotides along a segment of DNA that provides the coded instructions for synthesis of RNA, which, when translated into protein, leads to the expression of hereditary character.) that is a member of the Transforming Growth Factor-b (TGF-b) Superfamily.1 These genes encode factors that are essential to proper biological development during the embryonic stage.2 They are specifically expressed before birth.

Genetically engineered myostatin-free mice and cattle exhibit twice the lean muscle mass as their normal stable-mates, without extra feeding or resistance training!3 The important thing to understand is that these animals were genetically engineered to not possess the myostatin gene because myostatin limits muscle growth.3,4

A study published in 1998, revealed that myostatin is expressed in human skeletal muscle and levels are increased in muscle wasting diseases such as HIV.5 This research demonstrated that myostatin levels within the human body correlate inversely with fat-free mass. That is, the less myostatin in circulation, the more muscle you will have. This research confirmed that myostatin is a primary regulator of muscle growth in humans.5

Recently, the same scientists at Hopkins engineered a second group of mice whose genetic makeup shows it's possible to get the same amazing muscle growth-effect by blocking the myostatin gene rather than deleting it entirely.6

The Hopkins scientists identified several proteins, namely follistatin, mutant activin type II receptors, and myostatin propeptide, that can effectively block the activity of myostatin.6 Remember, if you can block myostatin, muscle growth will literally explode! Paul Delia reported this information in May last year.7

Now, a collective brains-trust of unscrupulous sports supplement marketers have recently cottoned on to this information and are attempting to pull more scams.8 These pumpkin heads are trying their best to make consumers believe that they have supplements that athletes can take that will block the activity of myostatin. I believe they also get the bulk of their product knowledge from Miss. Cleo the tarot card reader. If not product knowledge, they certainly get their marketing ideas from her.

The myostatin blocking-ability was not achieved by simply taking a pill or even receiving an injection. The Hopkins scientists are the world leaders in this technology, and they have only just recently been able to produce this ability to block myostatin using the latest, state-of-the-art genetic engineering techniques. What we are talking about is embryonic microinjections (gene manipulation before birth), numerous cross-linking experiments and cell cloning techniques to produce mice with various levels of the specific binding affinity mutations.

Myostatin is licensed to MetaMorphix, a company founded by one of the main researchers Se-Jin Lee, M.D., Ph.D., in 1995. This company was established to commercialize on work by Hopkins and other pharmaceutical companies in the field of growth and differentiation factors. Myostatin is sublicensed to American Home Products and Cape Aquaculture Technologies. The authors and the University own MetaMorphix stock and the authors also own CAT stock. Lee is a consultant to MetaMorphix and Cape Aquaculture Technologies. The other lead author of this research, Alexandra McPherron, Ph.D., is a consultant to Cape Aquaculture Technologies.

This is cutting-edge, multi-million dollar genetic research and it appears to be stitched up tight by some big companies and brilliant research minds. Do you really think some little snake-oil selling supplement company has the capacity, contacts, or finances to obtain this type of technology and then surpass it? Yeah, right! Not by a long shot.

The research on myostatin and the ability to block myostatin is very exciting. In 5 to 10 years, when it is possible to isolate, stabilize then synthesize on a large scale, the myostatin propeptide and follistatin protein blockers, it will be in the tight grip of billion dollar pharmaceutical companies. These drugs will be only made available on prescription for extreme wasting conditions. That is, until they find their way onto the black market, and then, god help this sport!

Now these companies with their "make-believe" products would love you to think they have the technology to produce such myostatin blockers. They will go to great lengths concocting tales of top secret, undercover research. They'll spin the story well. You better believe they will.

But by now you should know the script. First they will come out with a pill or a powder. Then another company will come out with the "better" liquid version. Of course it will be stabilized and guaranteed stable for 2 years. Then yet another company will come out with the transdermal myostatin cream that you simply rub on what ever muscle you want to increase the size of. Oh, and don't forget the special "night time" myostatin formula. And why stop there, how about the really special "Myagra-statin" because "girls really want a bigger man." Welcome to Fantasy Island, I mean the sports supplement industry.

References:

1. Sakuma, K., Watanabe, K., Sano. M., Uramoto, I., Totsuka, T. (2000). Differential Adaptation of Growth and Differentiation Factor 8/Myostatin, Fibroblast Growth Factor 6 and Leukemia Inhibitory Factor in overloaded, regenerating and denervated rat muscles. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta. 1497. pp77-88.

2. Sharma M, Langley B, Bass J, Kambadur R. Myostatin in muscle growth and repair. Exerc Sport Sci Rev. 29(4):155-8, 2001.
3. McPherron, A. C., and Lee, S. J. Double muscling in cattle due to mutations in the myostatin gene. Proc. Natl. Acad, Sci. USA. 94:12457-61, 1997.

4. Yamanouchi, K., Soeta, C., Naito, N., and Tojo, H. Expression of Myostatin Gene in Regenerating Skeletal Muscle of the Rat and its Localization. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 270:510-516, 2000.

5. Gonzalez-Cadavid NF. Organization of the human myostatin gene and expression in healthy men and HIV-infected men with muscle wasting. NAPS Online. Vol. 95, Issue 25, 14938-14943, 1998.

6. Se-Jin Lee, McPherron AC. Regulation of myostatin activity and muscle growth. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, Vol. 98, Issue 16, 9306-9311, July 31, 2001.

7. Paul Delia's Daily Q&A

| Home | Monthly Special | New Products | Shop Online | Supplements | High-Performance Muscle |
| Ultimate Q&A | Latest Research | Articles | The Ultimate Andro Q&A | Mass Builder Supplement Schedule |
| Mission Statement | Employment Opportunities | AST-Medline Search | Max-OT Sign In |

© 2002 AST Sports Science, Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy Terms of Use Contact Information

Legal Notice: All information presented on the AST Sports Science web site may not
be reproduced without written consent from our legal department.

These drugs will be only made available on prescription for extreme wasting conditions. That is, until they find their way onto the black market, and then, god help this sport!

good thing in 5 years ill still be young enough to try it lol that statement by paul says alot

Excellent Post

Fantastic info Preist. I have been doing a lot of reading on this subect recently and you answered alot of questions. Do you think you would have to reach your full genetic potential b4 Myo would be effective?

not from what ive read when the real stuff comes out its going to blow the lid off of muscle growth nomater what stage your at . paul cribb says it will be out around 5 years from now the sup comps are jumping all over this with cps2 and the say it will work paul says no but im going to do more research
before i decide anything when the real blockers hit the black market i bet its going to cost right now im looking for info on cps2 that isnt put out by someone who makes it when i find some ill post it here also the later info post was wrote by paul cribb

Hey Preist,
I showed my chick your post and she knew all about those companies. She wasn't in on the genetics part of it. She preped the mice for examination and experimentation. That too funny.

Maybe I should ask to get another tour of her place and get genetically altered myself. LOL!! :D

I have a confession...

I was real curious about the myostatin inhibitors, so I decided to call myself a guinea pig for the sake of guys everywhere that want to be enormous. Well, I went ahead and bought a two month supply of Myostat (Biotest), knowing full well that when it didn't work, I would just get a full refund. No problem there.

So it's been about 40 days, and so far there is absolutely no difference aside from what I would have accomplished through lifting and eating like a horse. Of course, supposedly you're supposed to take it straight for six months before any results are noticable. Guess what? I'm not going to shell out $ for six months worth of this crap, and I'm only willing to be a guinea pig for so long. So I have 20 more days worth of the stuff, and if anything significant happens I'll let you all know, but don't hold your breath.

Macdaddy said:
Hey Preist,
I showed my chick your post and she knew all about those companies. She wasn't in on the genetics part of it. She preped the mice for examination and experimentation. That too funny.

Maybe I should ask to get another tour of her place and get genetically altered myself. LOL!! :D
hey when you do dont forget me lol we could turn out looking like your pic lmao

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner