over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What do you carry

when i open carry

411546611.jpg

10mm sw

Why do you open carry? Curious

Why do you open carry? Curious

A lot of places allow open carry with no permits , where getting a concealed permit might be a pain in the ass.

I personally don’t like open carry unless your in uniform as I feel it takes away from the element of surprise and can make you a target but if that’s the only option you have then it’s better than nothing

Probably because he can. Why does some one have to carry around 30 pounds more muscle then most guys.

I get it but why? Legally I can open carry but the last thing I want is others to know I'm carrying.

I personally don’t like open carry unless your in uniform as I feel it takes away from the element of surprise and can make you a target but if that’s the only option you have then it’s better than nothing

Exactly

I used to carry a Beretta 8045 off duty and a HK USP 40, on.

Where I live now, I have several handguns and rifles but can't carry any until I do the permit/carry test. Which is 300 detailed questions in a (to me) foreign language, a psych eval. and a range test. haha. Gonna be a while.

But I live in the, "Visegrad Group" area. Very low violent crime stats. So, not too concerned.

I dont carry. No one bothers me once i lifted for a couple years. I live in a top 10 safest city in the US over 100k people. Cops are on people in 5 minutes here catching shop lifters running out of stores because they have so little to do.

That may be a false sense of security though. Lifters like us rely on the deterrence factor, hoping that others will simply avoid us.

On the flip side... BECAUSE we are large, it almost guarantees that someone will come at us with a weapon, if we get attacked. That's only rational. Noone is going to try to use physical brute force to overpower a weightlifter.

I don't care if you bench 300lbs easily, if someone surprises you with a knife or a gun in some dark parking lot. You need to have a gun yourself, or be pretty well versed in close-combat martial art skills.

Last edited:
There is no real point debating guns on a forum like this. I have mixed views. People should have the right to carry but I think things gets ridiculous and they obviously need to tighten the law in the US. By that I mean a random teenager shouldn't be able to buy a high powdered rifle like they can today. People go on about the 2nd amendment but guns have changed a lot since that was written. A lot of damage can be done with certain guns in the wrong hands. That is all common sense but for many they are opposed to any gun restriction in the US. It's crazy to me how a kid can't buy alcohol or cigarettes but can walk in and buy a gun in some places. Most on this forum will never use their gun in a violent situation so it's different for you though. You are basically responsible and have no intent to harm others. Before anyone replies I am aware of the statistics and overall it's not as big as most think but still it's common sense to me.

The reason we are opposed to gun laws is for 2 reasons.

1) We know that gun laws don't actually prevent crime. If you restrict the rights of people to get guns... then you have disarmed 100% of the honest citizens, and only a partial amount of criminals. Criminals are still bent on obtaining weapons or guns anyway, so gun laws only disarm the honest citizens.

2) It's a slippery slope for sure. (i.e., if the democrats say 10 rounds is reasonable, but 30 rounds or 15 rounds is not... who's to say they won't say 10 rounds is too many after a future shooting?)

The bottom line is this. There should be no restrictions on firearms. There should only be penalties for breaking the law with them.

There should also never be any mandated gun-free zones. This simply invites a potential mass-shooting, because he knows everyone besides him will be disarmed.

For those people in favor of adding new gun laws.... you should consider, you are also removing rights for YOURSELF. You may also be inadvertently opening Pandora's box, with more laws and more government intrusion.

I get it but why? Legally I can open carry but the last thing I want is others to know I'm carrying.

Some people think it makes you less of a target. I have to think that given a choice a criminal will go for some one they think is less able to defend themselves. A DOJ study I saw a few years back showed criminals prefer to break into houses that don't have guns cause they don't want to be shot. And they will trade/sell the stolen goods to purchase a gun off the street rather then risk getting shot trying to steal a gun.

I don't think gun laws would help the US either. Although I do think there should be tighter restrictions in certain areas but it's not like I think they should be banned... far from it. I don't think there should be anything else. There are so many guns in the US now nothing will really make much difference and gun laws are not the answer.

The reason we are opposed to gun laws is for 2 reasons.

1) We know that gun laws don't actually prevent crime. If you restrict the rights of people to get guns... then you have disarmed 100% of the honest citizens, and only a partial amount of criminals. Criminals are still bent on obtaining weapons or guns anyway, so gun laws only disarm the honest citizens.

2) It's a slippery slope for sure. (i.e., if the democrats say 10 rounds is reasonable, but 30 rounds or 15 rounds is not... who's to say they won't say 10 rounds is too many after a future shooting?)

The bottom line is this. There should be no restrictions on firearms. There should only be penalties for breaking the law with them.

There should also never be any mandated gun-free zones. This simply invites a potential mass-shooting, because he knows everyone besides him will be disarmed.

For those people in favor of adding new gun laws.... you should consider, you are also removing rights for YOURSELF. You may also be inadvertently opening Pandora's box, with more laws and more government intrusion.

Constitutional Carry

I carry a Smith and Wesson Shield 9 and/or a SW 686 Performance center 357 mag.

Last edited:
I just watched Bowling for Columbine! Very good and interesting movie on this topic!

I don't think gun laws would help the US either. Although I do think there should be tighter restrictions in certain areas but it's not like I think they should be banned... far from it. I don't think there should be anything else. There are so many guns in the US now nothing will really make much difference and gun laws are not the answer.

I love the uninformed EU opinion. What areas of the US have the tightest gun laws? Chicago and Washington DC and they are 2 of the DEADLIEST cities for gun violence. The safest areas are those in which private law abiding citizens can carry openly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the uninformed EU opinion. What areas of the US have the tightest gun laws? Chicago and Washington DC and they are 2 of the DEADLIEST cities for gun violence. The safest areas are those in which private law abiding citizens can carry openly!

I am far from uniformed. Where did I say gun laws would reduce violence? I openly posted gun laws are not the answer and wouldn't work and it's far too late for them. How would gun laws work when you already have approx 300 million guns in the USA. I merely stated I think it is crazy you have young people who can't buy alcohol or cigarettes but can buys guns. Again it's pointless debating this subject on a forum like this as it's ingrained in your culture and I actually think it's a good thing so I am not disagreeing with the law. I think people should carry guns for some of the reasons you highlighed in my quoted post.

By the way I recommend you research the subject and look at statistics as you are off. Plus why do you think certain states increase guns laws? They do it thinking it will lower gun crime. In many cases it will help. But when you have half the population in some states who own a gun it makes little difference. Plus again I don't think gun laws are the answer and that has been proven many times over in various countries (the opposite as well). There is much more to it than gun laws and for the 10th time I don't think they will help. One last thing I am not in the EU. I am out because talking about this is like going on a racing forum and posting you shouldn't drive fast in cars as pretty much everyone is pro guns on here (I am not anti guns... far from it).

Last edited:
Keltec P32 plus one extra mag in back pocket.

I am far from uniformed. Where did I say gun laws would reduce violence? I openly posted gun laws are not the answer and wouldn't work and it's far too late for them. How would gun laws work when you already have approx 300 million guns in the USA. I merely stated I think it is crazy you have young people who can't buy alcohol or cigarettes but can buys guns. Again it's pointless debating this subject on a forum like this as it's ingrained in your culture and I actually think it's a good thing so I am not disagreeing with the law. I think people should carry guns for some of the reasons you highlighed in my quoted post.

Your prior post said "Although I do think there should be tighter restrictions in certain areas but it's not like I think they should be banned"
..... Calling you uniformed is because tighter regulations don`t do anything except stop law abiding people from owning and carrying. Laws and regulations mean nothing to person willing to shoot you broad daylight over a slight beef. Gun violence (lets be real that`s the issue with guns) is about a culture that feels its ok to shoot somebody over a pair of shoes or for wearing the wrong colors on their block.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131