YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What do you eat when you wanna put on size?

hvwchamp

Registered
I'm just eating more of what I was from my "contest diet" and while I'm staying relatively tighter than years past, I'm not gaining the mass I've hoped for right now. Whether it's anything and everything or a certain meal you swear by, what do you notice helps you put on the weight?

Chinese "all you can eat" buffets 3 or 4 times a week.

:banghead: lmfao let me clarify that by weight I mean more of the kinda weight you WANT lol not the "I need a scooter cus walking is hard" weight.

I once spent 4 hours in an all you can eat Chinese buffet :D

I think that's because you can eat again in another hour increasing your overall calorie intake, that's how you get big, ancient Chinese secret :)

:banghead: lmfao let me clarify that by weight I mean more of the kinda weight you WANT lol not the "I need a scooter cus walking is hard" weight.

Keep your cardio and you shouldn't have problems with pigging out a few times a week. I actually only go for sushi and shrimp and avoid desserts and sodas altogether.

I drink a protein shake with each meal. If you wake up in the middle of the night to take a leak, have a quick banana and a shake and go back to bed.

beef, eggs, potatoes, and testosterone.

be sure to filter your pics as well

I just eat more of the same foods, up my carbs. I have no desire to add "mass" I want to add muscle...and for sanity sake I just eat dinner with my family whenever something comes up or order a pizza on the weekend if I need it.

Sushi is a good offseason semi-cheat that I feel doesn't do much damage but helps the cause.

Anything and everything... I have a silly fast metabolism though

Back when I could afford it I would eat 2lbs of lean red meat a day along with eggs and an occasional chicken meal. All I can afford now is chicken when it's 2.99 a lb on Tuesdays. 3lbs a day and it's getting really hard to choke down all that chicken. My "cheat" meals are normally sushi as other mentioned. I stay as close to contest shape as I reasonably can since I lose muscle quickly when dieting and contest prep is not my strong point

4 words.. Peanut butter Pop Tarts

gonnutty-pb-01.png

Back when I could afford it I would eat 2lbs of lean red meat a day along with eggs and an occasional chicken meal. All I can afford now is chicken when it's 2.99 a lb on Tuesdays. 3lbs a day and it's getting really hard to choke down all that chicken. My "cheat" meals are normally sushi as other mentioned. I stay as close to contest shape as I reasonably can since I lose muscle quickly when dieting and contest prep is not my strong point
man I feel you on the chicken I'm so goddamn sick of that shit right now I think I'll substitute chicken for steak from now on.

man I feel you on the chicken I'm so goddamn sick of that shit right now I think I'll substitute chicken for steak from now on.

If you like tacos, throw some frozen chicken breast on the crock pot with nothing else, let it cook for a good 4ish hours, then shred it up and add as much taco seasoning as you want.....you will never go back to eating plain chicken breast with hot sauce again

-organic grass fed omega3 beef or alaskan salmon
-ezekiel bread with all natural peanut butter...buy the peanuts from whole foods(for ex) and use their grinder to turn it into peanut butter.
-whole wheat noodles with high quality pesto sauce
-salad on the side(kale,chard,spinach,etc with lemon juice)

the salmon/peanut butter/noodles+pesto sauce adds up quickly...especially if you put a good amount of oil on your salad

obviously this is a 'healthier' approach and it's more difficult, but the results are pretty good IMO

4 words.. Peanut butter Pop Tarts

gonnutty-pb-01.png
Yup, 2 pop tarts is almost 80 carbs and 400 cals. Bulk on these, I have them after my postworkout meal. When I cut, I can keep all the clean foods I'm eating and just drop the pop tarts. That's a quick 400cals dropped add cardio and I'll start shedding fat :)

The last three years I cut out processed foods, soda (maybe if I'm out to eat and the only option is bottle water or soda, I have an issue with bottled water. Having soda happens once a week, tops.) fast food, and alcohol.

So I'm eating clean. Now that I'm back to working out I'm finding that I'm tired and motivation is lacking. I think I'm just not eating enough clean meals aka not enough total calories. 90% sure I'm too low on carbs.

I walked to the gas station to get those really big nasty burritos. Took me two hours. Fuckers didn't have any. And I wasn't trying to stuff my face with Pringles or Combos. :banghead:

At least I got a cardio session out of the deal.

I gave in and got a supreme pizza. Ate that with some shakes last night and this morning. Starting to feel better.

I'm eating the typical BBers menu. I'm open to suggestions for high calorie clean foods. I'm thinking just add a few tablespoons of peanutbutter to each meal unless you guys come up with something better.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
When it's time to grow I eat oatmeal. It's so simple when it's time to add weight and tastes so damn awesome. I mix a few scoops of whey and a little almond butter in it.

Myoatmeal.com is where I make the sickest tasting oatmeal. I hear true nutrition has good oatmeal too... Dusty Hanshaw is also an advocate of using oatmeal to put on size.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

All red meat and 75-100 grams a carbs per meal. White potatoes white rice quinoa are the best. Eat eat eat man. And have one cheat meal a day! That's worked for me with the right gear also helps

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131