YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What do you guys do when it comes to buying dress shirts or suits?

Google&Pubmed

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ok so 5 months ago or so I bought bunch of brand new dress shirts and now they are too tight around the arms, shoulders, and back. Same thing with suits....so I was wondering what do you guys do?

I have started buying all my normal shirts in 2XL so if I grow some more they would fit perfectly but I can't just buy baggy dress shirts or suits.

P.S. I'm not sure if I need to point this out but pricing is a concern.

Tell me about it...

Getting a custom made suit for my wedding --- flying to san fran in 4 weeks to get final measurements --- 2G's being "different" costs money...

-FF

The shirts I buy XXL or just the right size if I have to specify neck and length. I usually get them tapered at Men's Wearhouse, since the tailor has done me before. There's an extra charge for shirts not purchased there but I just pay since I usually get LLBean shirts due to quality. I stress, " don't take any in from under the armpits." they do a good job. I've had them too tight after altering under the armpits before and they've actually fixed it and brought it back out. They guarantee their work and if you pay for pants to be altered, you can take them in again after gaining or losing weight, and they won't recharge you for himming them a 2nd time. I usually don't wear a tie and just keep the top button on my shirts undone without a tie. My neck is about 19 inches and I can wear 18 1/2 inch shirts from LL Bean (I think 18 or 18 1/2 is the largest they go up to) with a tie but it's uncomfortable for too long. With the suit jacket, your motion is going to be limited no matter what you're doing. I can't lift my hands well over my head, but we're not playing basketball in our suits and usually the jacket just comes right off to be hung up in
My car or on my seat at work.

Always need to get my suits tailored. Because I need a size large enough to fit my shoulders but then the pants are huge on my 32" waist.

Problems is that my arms are beginning to not fit in the suit even though the jacket is wide enough.

I buy shirts from custom makers so I can get the correct neck size with the proper sleeve length. Try for a tapered cut so its not so bulky in the waist.

I have to buy suit separates. A regular suit is not an option since the top has to be big and small waist. Brooks brothers and Men's wearhouse sell suit separates where you pick out the right sized jacket, then pick the right sized pants that ate the same (just not sold in a pair like a regular suit). I would have a problem with a custom tailored suit since I put on about like 10lbs per year it seems

I'm a 3xl guy which is diff than xxxl, diff cuts- 3xl bigger in shoulders and arms and xxxl bigger in belly, Mens Wearhouse has shirts for $50 and tailoring is like $15

Damn, how big are you guys???
I have no problem finding shirts. Since most of America is obese, everything I look at is huge.
My only suit was custom tailored for me, so maybe it is tough to find proper ones at stores, but dress shirts shouldn't be difficult to find, IMO.

My jacket size is a 56.

My pants (offseason) are a 34.

I buy suits when they're on sale, then have them tailored.

For dress shirts, I buy them at Big & Tall stores and have the waist tailored.

Unfortunately, I have to spend quite a bit of cash on this, since I have to wear a suit for work every day.

I got frustrated trying to find shirts that fit. XL to tight, XXL ok in the chest back and shoulders but huge in the waist. Ended up buying a sewing machine and use a pattern the tailors call a dart. Looks like a diamond and can be tailored to your needs. Now I can buy a $20 shirt almost anywhere and tailor it. I could not believe what a difference a tailored shirt can do. Literally turns you from looking fat into a bodybuilder.

My jacket size is a 56.

My pants (offseason) are a 34.

I buy suits when they're on sale, then have them tailored.

For dress shirts, I buy them at Big & Tall stores and have the waist tailored.

Unfortunately, I have to spend quite a bit of cash on this, since I have to wear a suit for work every day.

Ditto here (not quite on the jacket size though, but getting close). Wearing a suit every day is a pain in the ass. Not as bad in the fall/winter. But it's going to start getting pretty soupy in the NE. When its 90+ with humidity outside, and you're on the higher side of 250lbs, even the thought of going out for lunch or walking to the car/train makes me sweat. I digress.....

I still haven't mastered the look. No matter the quality of textiles or tailoring, I still always feel like they're too tight, or too loose. I have two that I consider "go to" suits.

Indochino.com

Completely custom made, nice materials.

pants, shirts, are easy and adjustments are made all the time.
The shoulders is where the problem comes in for me. Suit coat size 52" long try that on and I look like a fat slob. my waist is 32" to 34" pants they tailor for every 1.There are some manufactors that have athletic fit which is better. many will tell you they dont fit suit coats and you get the shoulder width and thats it. my answer was well I aint taken it if it dont fit so what they have to do is cut the jacket. So basicly it is all custom made for you. Keep in mind they usually need 2 fittings b/c its all custom so do yrself a fav and tell them you need it a week or 2 b/4 you actually do.

The most bothersome part about dress shirts for me is that in order for them to fit my arms and shoulders the sleeves are so long it looks like I'm a kid wearing their dad's shirt. Luckily I rarely wear dress shirts or suits.

Indochino.com

Completely custom made, nice materials.

That's a cool website. And you get custom made for less than many off the rack.

Tho' I'm off the rack built.

But these threads never stop amusing.

Hey Q, we still on to meet in Paris next week to see our personal tailors? JR can make it a threesome.

I agree with you, the tailors in Milan produce an inferior product. Maybe we need to leave the continent for our winter wardrobe.

Right now I'm wearing shorts from Walmart, a t-shirt from woot and chuck Taylor's- no socks. And underwear from Victoria Secrets. I feel pretty.

I have no problem buying shirts, you guys must be monsters!

LOL it's not that. It's the whole bulking and cutting thing and yeah we can lean bulk but sometimes things come up and life goes very shitty which leads us toward the wrong path.

The problem is that when your arms, shoulders, and last but not least back(lats) grow. Your back has some space so you have some space to grow but as soon as you add 1/5"-1" to your arm and some size to your shoulder you nice dress shirt becomes a "douche" shirt....same thing with jeans. Nice jeans becomes "skinny" jeans...

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws