advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What do you guys keep your heart rate (BPM) at when doing cardio?

155-165bpm 5'10 212lbs

I've gotten it higher too. This is according to the hand sensors on the machines.

Last edited:
I do hiit cardio 15-20 minutes post workout 5x per week on the step mill most of the time.
175-180 then drop to lvl 1 and for two minutes then hr will get to about 140 and start over.

No more than about 110 bpm because of my heart. The Garmin heart monitor I bought works great. I am glad I bought it. The other day I messed up again doing squats and my rate got up to about 145 and it felt like my defibrillator might go off again. Luckily it must have not been ventricular tach and just normal sinus tach. It slowed down and I was fine. Looks like I am going to have to stop my set even earlier now than I used to. Tried doing 26 reps when I got zapped first time and then the next time I mention now I did 22 reps. The next leg day I did only 10 reps and was fine. Going to have to play it extra safe now. Sucks not being able to push it hard at all. Scares the shit out of me now, feels like death is coming.

No more than about 110 bpm because of my heart. The Garmin heart monitor I bought works great. I am glad I bought it. The other day I messed up again doing squats and my rate got up to about 145 and it felt like my defibrillator might go off again. Luckily it must have not been ventricular tach and just normal sinus tach. It slowed down and I was fine. Looks like I am going to have to stop my set even earlier now than I used to. Tried doing 26 reps when I got zapped first time and then the next time I mention now I did 22 reps. The next leg day I did only 10 reps and was fine. Going to have to play it extra safe now. Sucks not being able to push it hard at all. Scares the shit out of me now, feels like death is coming.

Whats your resting and average (walking around) heart rate?

under 120

Finally someone who does cardio the way i do. Everyone else gets their heart rate up to numbers my heart refuses to go to. Haha 110-120 for me. It keeps the fat off.

Whats your resting and average (walking around) heart rate?

Sitting down now it is about 65 or so. Walking and its up around 85. That is with beta blockers. Im pretty sure it would be higher without. Im sure you are on some now though, right?

As far as being safe, the only exercise that seems to get my rate up too high easily is squats. If youre doing those still, be really careful and try to measure your heart rate at least after the set is done. Ive gone into v tach before doing squats. It was before I had my defibrillator and I almost died. Im still doing them though.

Last edited:
120-130

140-150 (Age 32) 30 mins after every workout and lean as I've ever been. The older you get the lower you can go with the hear rate but low 30's you wanna be where I'm at and younger you want more.

Lol. Probably too high. 170+ let it come down to 140 and go again. This usually lasts for 30-40 minutes.

I try to increase the amount of work I can do in a certain period so the HR just stays high.

I keep HR around 130-135. I do quite a bit of cardio so it does take bit of work to get hr up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80% of your max heart rate is what you should probably aim for if you want to improve your cardiovascular fitness much.

So take 220 -age for max and then take 80% of that. That is how we used to figure it. Don't know if they have new standards now.

Good to see some more people doing at least moderate intensity cardio. I usually stay between 140-150 for 30min a couple times a week. I also like varying it though if steady state cardio gets too boring. So 170+ for 3 min, let it come down for 3, and repeat.

Last edited:
I do intervals so i dont stay at one bpm the whole time, im usually at some point between 140 and 180 the whole time until cooldown

110-120 for me during fasted cardio.

I do cardio to burn calories, HR is irrelevant to me

Interval training seems to be less effective for me at controlling blood pressure than steady state cardio. Even though the heart rate stays high between "intervals" the heart isn't actually under stress, it's just beating fast. It takes that constant stress of steady state cardio to effectively lower my blood pressure.

This is why weight training, which is, essentially, "interval training" is so ineffective at lowering blood pressure.

When having a good session with the Wifey sometimes it Maxes out!
Good thing I have a protective mechanism that makes me go Limp before I Die!!!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws